Poo 850’s owners are gonna be pissed.

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

That's all you got? That's snotty level stupidity!:lol:

I'd just shut the fuck up about stupid if I was you.

"HOW COULD THEY SCREW UP ONE SQUISH BAND AND NOT THE OTHER!!!"

fucking moron

16 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Shaving a head vs cutting a done is the same?

You grabbed too many red & black wires at the same time!

:lol:

Who said anything about shaving a head you moron. Spin was referring to his 660 head. You know.....a big bore????

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Yes

Some think the gas not going through the case helped keep the grease in the bearings longer... etec is better. Still isoflex junk though 

Rotax venture into the reed valve twin market was a long, under powered bumpy one 

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Some think the gas not going through the case helped keep the grease in the bearings longer... etec is better. Still isoflex junk though 

Rotax venture into the reed valve twin market was a long, under powered bumpy one 

There are lots of etecs with 10,000+ miles on them unopened. Nothing wrong with them. 

It is too bad this happened.  This is actually a very good motor.  Power on the good ones is going to be hard to beat.

Unfortunately, they have random motors that were assembled wrong.  Still working on what to implement as the fix.  No simple way to verify without getting to that bearing.  Best advice is to run it hard and see if you are riding one with the bad assembly.  They will fail early if wrong.  Some rookie mechanics may struggle with the fix.  Ask for a new long block if you have one fail.  Simple fix!

We are all test pilots in this sport.  It is part of life.  I would not wait for a bean counter band-aid repair.  Ride and test.  If you have a bad assembly, just get it replaced before the rest get out and ride.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, favoritos said:

It is too bad this happened.  This is actually a very good motor.  Power on the good ones is going to be hard to beat.

Unfortunately, they have random motors that were assembled wrong.  Still working on what to implement as the fix.  No simple way to verify without getting to that bearing.  Best advice is to run it hard and see if you are riding one with the bad assembly.  They will fail early if wrong.  Some rookie mechanics may struggle with the fix.  Ask for a new long block if you have one fail.  Simple fix!

We are all test pilots in this sport.  It is part of life.  I would not wait for a bean counter band-aid repair.  Ride and test.  If you have a bad assembly, just get it replaced before the rest get out and ride.

Yeah simple fix but after their previous debacle with the 800 motors this is really inexcusable. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

There are lots of etecs with 10,000+ miles on them unopened. Nothing wrong with them. 

My brother beat the bag out of his 15 Assault for 6500 miles, decided to rebuild it just because.  Tore it down and found a big chunk missing from one of the pistons.  It still ran ok before that.  This was supposedly one of the bad motors.  Meanwhile my Axys self destructs in 2800 miles and they want 5400 bucks for a new motor.  Getting pretty tired of these under engineered over priced pieces of shit.  Going back to a 4 stroke now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My brother beat the bag out of his 15 Assault for 6500 miles, decided to rebuild it just because.  Tore it down and found a big chunk missing from one of the pistons.  It still ran ok before that.  This was supposedly one of the bad motors.  Meanwhile my Axys self destructs in 2800 miles and they want 5400 bucks for a new motor.  Getting pretty tired of these under engineered over priced pieces of shit.  Going back to a 4 stroke now.

I'm starting to think that way too. And no $50 a gallon oil to boot? Looking better all the time. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

and a lot more with holes in the case in the melting pile at the junk yard with under 4k no on them. 

there is a reason brp has the only long block porogram in the industry . 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

and a lot more with holes in the case in the melting pile at the junk yard with under 4k no on them. 

there is a reason brp has the only long block porogram in the industry . 

Because they sold more etecs than all of the other Manus put together sold sleds? 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I don't blame you...I still can't get over 5400 bucks for a motor especially one that will more than likely do the same thing...SMH.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

The problem with anyone that has issues with the 850 poo motor is that eventually, it will be replaced with the very same motor, built the very same way, which will fail again. A 4 year warranty doesn,t mean much if you are going to have the same problem with the motor again. Trusting the engine is going to be really tough. How long a trip do you want to go on, and how far do you want to drag it out of the bush to a road ? This is going to be a major hit for Polaris. IF I had ordered one, and had not picked it up yet, I would just walk away and take a 500 hit on my deposit. Kinda makes me puke, and I don,t even own one, but I do feel real bad for anyone that bought one. To bad lemon laws don,t work on rec. toys, even thou they cost as much as some new small cars, which are covered.

• Like 1

Just now, Ez ryder said:

no because they were fucking junk and imploded taking out the whole case with said implosion . necessity. 

Nope. They are fine. There are lots of guys on this forum and the other that have or had them. Very few issues.

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

I'm starting to think that way too. And no $50 a gallon oil to boot? Looking better all the time. 

Yeah that’s the other thing.  All these new 2 strokes still slog the oil when you run n them hard.  I was going through a gallon a weekend at 50 bucks a gallon.  Eff that noise.

3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think emissions 

Trail side butt sex lube

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I don't blame you...I still can't get over 5400 bucks for a motor especially one that will more than likely do the same thing...SMH.

I can’t get over it either, it’s a rip off.

1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

The problem with anyone that has issues with the 850 poo motor is that eventually, it will be replaced with the very same motor, built the very same way, which will fail again. A 4 year warranty doesn,t mean much if you are going to have the same problem with the motor again. Trusting the engine is going to be really tough. How long a trip do you want to go on, and how far do you want to drag it out of the bush to a road ? This is going to be a major hit for Polaris. IF I had ordered one, and had not picked it up yet, I would just walk away and take a 500 hit on my deposit. Kinda makes me puke, and I don,t even own one, but I do feel real bad for anyone that bought one. To bad lemon laws don,t work on rec. toys, even thou they cost as much as some new small cars, which are covered.

Yup.  Not a confidence builder on a 1200 mile saddlebag trip .

3 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

this and the value of the unit used is in the shitter even if you have a good one .

11 poo 800 a 12 cat just off the top 

it is sad when you need a 10grand back up just to feel ok about traveling 15 hrs from home for a trip . been that way in the sport for ever 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Nope. They are fine. There are lots of guys on this forum and the other that have or had them. Very few issues.

lmfao yeah ok . so you would go buy a used pre etec 800 with 3500 mo on it . bull shit if yiu would you are a fucking fool .

no on this the forum dose not know at least 1 guy who did not grenade a pre etc  doo 800 

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Shaving a head vs cutting a done is the same?

You grabbed too many red & black wires at the same time!

:lol:

31 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Why not get a complete Indy Dan motor?  Under $4k, simple drop in.

https://www.indyspecialty.com/product-page/a-8-warthog-motor

21 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

lmfao yeah ok . so you would go buy a used pre etec 800 with 3500 mo on it . bull shit if yiu would you are a fucking fool .

no on this the forum dose not know at least 1 guy who did not grenade a pre etc  doo 800 

I would. My 2012 has over 7000 miles on it now and is still running great.