Poo 850’s owners are gonna be pissed.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Speaking of getting Kashoggied, dealer called me this morning with a price on what he said I needed, a whole new motor, after a piece of the piston skirt broke off for unknown reasons and apparently uncunted it with prejudice.

sucks,  thought you had a couple years warranty on that.  

44 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

sucks,  thought you had a couple years warranty on that.  

It's too late for you to make up this year but you can start sucking up now for next year at the bellagio if you want. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Damage control?

The pit that out because of a thread on net?

Where's team tip on welded PTO bearing? That's my real concern.....

4 years warranty is great but when your sled is down waiting on parts that are backordered.....not good.

Yeah I'm sure they want all the uneducated mouth breathers to stfu.

Who should any of it be your concern? You think one bearing is the end of the world? They do fail for time to time. 

Haven't heard anything about backordered parts that was skidoo when they had their debacle in 17 when the etec 850 came out. Same thing with the polaris mouth breathers about it at the time. 

Hope you enjoyed the drenching rain. 

11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Speaking of getting Kashoggied, dealer called me this morning with a price on what he said I needed, a whole new motor, after a piece of the piston skirt broke off for unknown reasons and apparently uncunted it with prejudice.

That sucks. What are you going to do ? What,s a new motor worth ? Any thoughts about trading it in,, as is ?

11 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

The irony of snowmobile drama queen f7ben picking on another guy for being a snowmobile drama queen.

:lol: 

11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

@Ez ryder had a really good patent idea for Poo engines a few years back.  A grinding crank that crumbles up the Poo piston skirts when they finally slap themselves apart and fail.  It then throws them out a waste chute next to the exhaust.  I know the EPA frowned on so many Poo metal chunks being dropped on the trails so....I think it's still in pending status?  Ez..what's the upday here?  :lmao: 

Arctic Cat belt waste is just more "eco-friendly".   :lol:

9 hours ago, Kev144 said:

It's too late for you to make up this year but you can start sucking up now for next year at the bellagio if you want. 

Stop hindering a marriage on the mend.  Fucking dentists...pfffft.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: 

@Ez ryder had a really good patent idea for Poo engines a few years back.  A grinding crank that crumbles up the Poo piston skirts when they finally slap themselves apart and fail.  It then throws them out a waste chute next to the exhaust.  I know the EPA frowned on so many Poo metal chunks being dropped on the trails so....I think it's still in pending status?  Ez..what's the upday here?  :lmao: 

Arctic Cat belt waste is just more "eco-friendly".   :lol:

Stop hindering a marriage on the mend.  Fucking dentists...pfffft.

I know what you are......you bastard!!!! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I know what you are......you bastard!!!! 

LOL!  Yeah...I've made those references to Kev144 and Anler...they didn't get it.  That's why I know I'd dislike them.  This is also why I know I'd spoon you!  YOU GET ALL MY REFERENCES...as I do yours!  If you aren't gay, are you at least willing to learn?

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

That sucks. What are you going to do ? What,s a new motor worth ? Any thoughts about trading it in,, as is ?

Not going to spend 5400 for a new motor that is for certain.  That’s fucking retarded, I’ll take the wife to Cancun or something before I do that. :lol:   I have a week or two to decide.  Right now it’s raining hot water up there, and there is nothing solid in the forecast through next week.  I also bought that sled from the Maine Polaris rep a year ago, it was his personal sled.  We’ll see what he comes up with.  I’ll spend 2-3 grand if I have to, or just buy another sled.  Fire sales start in anther week or two, so I’ll just keep looking.  I like that new 900 turbo.  A couple buddies have them and we’re raving about them after putting 1200 miles on them in Quebec. “Best sled I ever had”. And this is a guy who buys 2-3 new Skidoo’s every year.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Reevester said:

Yeah I'm sure they want all the uneducated mouth breathers to stfu.

Who should any of it be your concern? You think one bearing is the end of the world? They do fail for time to time. 

Haven't heard anything about backordered parts that was skidoo when they had their debacle in 17 when the etec 850 came out. Same thing with the polaris mouth breathers about it at the time. 

Hope you enjoyed the drenching rain. 

I'm thinking all the uneducated mouth breathers are crank engineers at Polaris :lol:

Remind me of the 17 850 backordered parts.

Rain is done. Still lots of snow!

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Not going to spend 5400 for a new motor that is for certain.  That’s fucking retarded, I’ll take the wife to Cancun or something before I do that. :lol:   I have a week or two to decide.  Right now it’s raining hot water up there, and there is nothing solid in the forecast through next week.  I also bought that sled from the Naine Polaris rep a year ago, it was his personal sled.  We’ll see what he comes up with.  I’ll spend 2-3 grand if I have to, or just buy another sled.  Fire sales start in anther week or two, so I’ll just keep looking.  I like that new 900 turbo.  A couple buddies have them and we’re raving about them. “Best sled I ever had”. And this is a guy who buys 2-3 new Skidoo’s every year.

5400 for a motor....damn. Hopefully the rep you bought it from can help you out. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

5400 for a motor....damn. Hopefully the rep you bought it from can help you out. 

Yeah I about fell out of my chair.  My brother replaced the motor in his Infiniti m35 for less that that.

Mark ......find a used motor and throw it in there. Its a fucking 4 hour job and you'll find a whole used motor with low miles for less than 2k

If I was you I'd tuck that sled in the garage , go buy another one to ride and just wait for the right deal on a used motor to come by

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Mark ......find a used motor and throw it in there. Its a fucking 4 hour job and you'll find a whole used motor with low miles for less than 2k

If I was you I'd tuck that sled in the garage , go buy another one to ride and just wait for the right deal on a used motor to come by

He's gonna need a tool kit for that.  Got one for him?  :lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, f7ben said:

There’s a place in Canada that sells rebuilds, I’ll know better next week where I’m at.  The sad part is I loved the sled, just freshened the entire drivetrain from the belt to the shocks, got  2 linq plates mounted, nav on a RAM mount- it was all set up, tight and right.  I’m not gonna not ride this year, hell I bought all new Klim gear and that Oxygen helmet too.  I’ll sniff around next week and figure something out.  But 5400 bucks....wtf is that all about?!

Just now, DriftBusta said:

There’s a place in Canada that sells rebuilds, I’ll know better next week where I’m at.  The sad part is I loved the sled, just freshened the entire drivetrain from the belt to the shocks, got  2 linq plates mounted, nav on a RAM mount- it was all set up, tight and right.  I’m not gonna not ride this year, hell I bought all new Klim gear and that Oxygen helmet too.  I’ll sniff around next week and figure something out.  But 5400 bucks....wtf is that all about?!

That price is polaris MSRP on a new motor assembly I'm sure. Fuck all that shit. 

Like I said......you like the sled and the motor letting go is a fluke. Find a good used unit and slap it in there yourself. It sucks but a 1500-2k kick in the balls is doable. A damn near 6k hit on a sled worth 8????  Fuck all that shit 

Just now, f7ben said:

That price is polaris MSRP on a new motor assembly I'm sure. Fuck all that shit. 

Like I said......you like the sled and the motor letting go is a fluke. Find a good used unit and slap it in there yourself. It sucks but a 1500-2k kick in the balls is doable. A damn near 6k hit on a sled worth 8????  Fuck all that shit 

Exactly.  I’ll put it in my shed and turn it into a mice colony before I do that.  :lol: 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Exactly.  I’ll put it in my shed and turn it into a mice colony before I do that.  :lol: 

:lol: I've been there before........then I end up with a shed full of shit that I inevitably have to haul to the salvage yard because I have no use for it.  When shit breaks I try to fix it sooner than later now .....you'll see some motors start to pop up for sale after the new year. Plenty of guys will be parting out Pro's and MNT sleds as they wreck em 

13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

CVTech?  I have one of their rebuilds for my 2012 Adventure 600.  Installed end of last season.