China buys 2 million tons of US soybeans

Rod

10 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Not exactly,.it's like a 1983... Dry.  

It's a freaky Max Emerge II that they only made like 2 or 3 years.  Bunch of oddball parts. All the air vacuum parts, the plates, boots, ext are all abnormal.

Neal

We had a 1750 Conservation set up for kidneys.  That thing was a mutant when we sold it.  

4 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Neal's Dad got a check,  saw on TV a number of farmers who had received it.  Did all of it get paid out, I honestly don't know, I'll

bet it was and I will Google it to see.

I'm not going to argue with what you're saying, but if it's one thing we farmers are good at, is spending every dime we take in and then some, thus putting it right back into the economy.  All in all, it's a pretty good investment made by the u.s. govt.

I was under the impression high time to sell beans started back in the middle of September and runs until the end of the year when brazil starts their harvest.  And from what i've heard so far, the crop in Brazil is kick-ass.  Still don't know for sure if they've gotten much better at transporting them to the port for shipment, though.  That's always been a known problem.  It's a wonder the chinese havn't helped them out on that yet, or maybe they are?

8 minutes ago, hayward said:

I'm not going to argue with what you're saying, but if it's one thing we farmers are good at, is spending every dime we take in and then some, thus putting it right back into the economy.  All in all, it's a pretty good investment made by the u.s. govt.

I was under the impression high time to sell beans started back in the middle of September and runs until the end of the year when brazil starts their harvest.  And from what i've heard so far, the crop in Brazil is kick-ass.  Still don't know for sure if they've gotten much better at transporting them to the port for shipment, though.  That's always been a known problem.  It's a wonder the chinese havn't helped them out on that yet, or maybe they are?

As of the end of Nov. from what I read only 900 million has been paid out due to red tape. More unneeded spending due to poorly thought out policy.

9 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

As of the end of Nov. from what I read only 900 million has been paid out due to red tape. More unneeded spending due to poorly thought out policy.

Alot of bean harvest has still been going on around the country due to inclement weather.  Perhaps guys are waiting till they are finished up before giving fsa a final tally on bushels?  I think it's what, $1.40 and change/bushel payout?  Corn is a penny I think. :lol:

1 minute ago, hayward said:

Alot of bean harvest has still been going on around the country due to inclement weather.  Perhaps guys are waiting till they are finished up before giving fsa a final tally on bushels?  I think it's what, $1.40 and change/bushel payout?  Corn is a penny I think. :lol:

I live on a former dairy farm, there were 1200 farms in the 70's, 51 in Aug. of this year at least 3 more have gone out since, we allow our neighbor to hay our fields and pasture his young cattle for free, I fear the end is near for them.

18 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I live on a former dairy farm, there were 1200 farms in the 70's, 51 in Aug. of this year at least 3 more have gone out since, we allow our neighbor to hay our fields and pasture his young cattle for free, I fear the end is near for them.

Many of them are last generation dairy farmers.  We quit milking several years ago.  I'm sure it would have been a decade or two ago if it wasn't for stubborn farmers wanting to keep up family tradition.  

25 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

We have 1 left in our county, and he's 80-something, and milks about 12 cows.  Can't believe the milk truck travels all the way from where ever it comes from to pick it up.  We're in Monroe.  Are you in Tioga or east of there?

And good on you for lending your land.  Beleive me, he ain't getting rich. 

20 minutes ago, hayward said:

We have 1 left in our county, and he's 80-something, and milks about 12 cows.  Can't believe the milk truck travels all the way from where ever it comes from to pick it up.  We're in Monroe.  Are you in Tioga or east of there?

And good on you for lending your land.  Beleive me, he ain't getting rich. 

I'm not sure he isn't losing money.  Our hayfield 15 to 20 acres he never even got first cutting started this year too wet.

31 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Many of them are last generation dairy farmers.  We quit milking several years ago.  I'm sure it would have been a decade or two ago if it wasn't for stubborn farmers wanting to keep up family tradition.  

That's them to a t.  When his Mom and Dad started their farm they lived in a shed. His Father told me he married his wife when she was 15 her family was so poor she didn't own a pair of shoes. They worked themselves to death, literally.

18 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

That's them to a t.  When his Mom and Dad started their farm they lived in a shed. His Father told me he married his wife when she was 15 her family was so poor she didn't own a pair of shoes. They worked themselves to death, literally.

I've heard and even seen some pretty sad dairy farming stories played out over the years.  I don't think that is the life for me.