Quebec Trip

DeezNutz

Hi all, planning a Quebec Trip, starting in Kirkland Lake. 

I booked the super 8. Can anyone suggest a good trip and a place to stay in Quebec? I will be arriving in KL Friday night, and I want to be back to KL Sunday night so I can leave Monday Morning. I''m also open to the idea of coming back to KL satuday evening. 

Edited by DeezNutz

5 minutes ago, DeezNutz said:

Hi all, planning a Quebec Trip, starting in Kirkland Lake. 

I booked the super 8. Can anyone suggest a good trip and a place to stay in Quebec? I will be arriving in KL Friday night, and I want to be back to KL Sunday night so I can leave Monday Morning. I''m also open to the idea of coming back to KL satuday evening. 

Amos and back if you want bigger days. Rouyn and back if you want to shorten it up. 

2 minutes ago, DeezNutz said:

Is there anything good out that way?

Yeah the trails. Nothing fancy for site seeing or we just never bother to go see them. Ride 300 miles then find a hotel and food and beer all close and easy to get in Kbeec.

• Like 1

The Alpin (now Quality Inn) in Rouyn is good, O'toole's restaurant attached, you drive thru Can Tire P lot with beer wine n gas. Tons of sleds and covered parking

Forestel in Val D'Or is the go to spot, gas wine beer n SAQ (booze) is in town as is Beric Sport BRP dealer. L'Escale is nice too with limited heated storage. Nothing wrong with the Comfort Inn on the other side of town either with lots of places close by.

Motel Au Senabi in Senneterre, gas etc.. is in town

Eskers in Amos is just up the river with nice restaurant attached. Amosphere is the most popular but I prefer Eskers

Canadianna in Temiscamingue is a great start off spot, late check in, restaurant and bar attached. Order pizza from North Bay and it'll be waiting :) You can also just park at the Esso at the bottom of the hill. You can leave your keys and if you have a break down they can usually come up with a driver for you. They usually have passes there or the Tem Rose restaurant in town.

For trails, they're all good. The run across the top on 93 is excellent, silly lookin little local trails on the map around La Sarre are excellent and any of 307, 309, 313 north of Val d'Or are great, don't hesitate to loop up in down for either Val d'Or or Amos. Louvricourt is a good fuel n gas stop, the 83 North to Senneterre is smokin and the 386 down thru the Vendrye Park miight just be the best trail on the planet, huge jumps at the top and stoopid fast on the bottom. Gas in Kitsisakik (aka Kichiswiki) is good.

Giddy Up

Edited by Tinker
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tinker said:

The Alpin (now Quality Inn) in Rouyn is good, O'toole's restaurant attached, you drive thru Can Tire P lot with beer wine n gas. Tons of sleds and covered parking

Forestel in Val D'Or is the go to spot, gas wine beer n SAQ (booze) is in town as is Beric Sport BRP dealer. L'Escale is nice too with limited heated storage. Nothing wrong with the Comfort Inn on the other side of town either with lots of places close by.

Eskers in Amos is just up the river with nice restaurant attached. Amosphere is the most popular but I prefer Eskers

Canadianna in Temiscamingue is a great start off spot, late check in, restaurant and bar attached. Order pizza from North Bay and it'll be waiting :) You can also just park at the Esso at the bottom of the hill. You can leave your keys and if you have a break down they can usually come up with a driver for you. They usually have passes there or the Tem Rose restaurant in town.

For trails, they're all good. The run across the top on 93 is excellent, silly lookin little local trails on the map around La Sarre are excellent and any of 307, 309, 313 north of Val d'Or are great, don't hesitate to loop up in down for either Val d'Or or Amos. Louvricourt is a good fuel n gas stop, the 83 North to Senneterre is smokin and the 386 down thru the Vendrye Park miight just be the best trail on the planet, huge jumps at the top and stoopid fast on the bottom. Gas in Kitsisakik (aka Kichiswiki) is good.

Giddy Up

Fuck you tink now you got me planning an abtibi-temis ride. 83 was always piston ally from val dor to senneterre love 309 north lots of jumps on it to.

:bc:

10 hours ago, Tinker said:

Giddy Up

Tinker is a great source for some QC advice in this region, I used his same advice above with zero issues.....thinksno is another member with some great feedback!

:bc:

On 12/18/2018 at 6:13 PM, Stoney said:

Why not plan a bit longer stay instead....head up to Matagami, great area and trails.

Val-d'or will likely be the place with the most city life, if that is your thing. 

Unfortunately time off is very hard to come by. 

On 12/19/2018 at 9:19 AM, Tinker said:

Giddy Up

Tink,

I really appreciate it, so you think my best bet is to head to Val D'or from KL on Saturday Morning and then back Sunday? How long one way am I looking at? 

4 hours ago, DeezNutz said:

Tink,

I really appreciate it, so you think my best bet is to head to Val D'or from KL on Saturday Morning and then back Sunday? How long one way am I looking at? 

We trailered to temiscamique, bought our permits at corner store, hit the trails between noon and 1, and arrived in val-d'or around dinner after making a wrong turn and riding the wrong way through val-d'or.....so not exactly a long ride.

KL should be closer and a shorter ride.

Edited by Stoney

Traffic tends to be lighter up in Abitibi, I've yet to see it obnoxiously busy. Quebecers don't trailer much because they get snow everywhere. Ontario riders go elsewhere rather than buy another permit. Best place to go for best trails and less traffic imo.

Lots of good info here  Eskers is best food/bar in Amos, Amosphere is best hotel with good restaurant (not open on Sundays last year)

Can't go wrong in this area. enjoy

On 12/21/2018 at 11:12 AM, DeezNutz said:

Tink,

Keep an eye on the A110Q reports past Larder Lake, that can be very neglected until you hit QC side. You should have no problem going up to LaSarre from Rouyn across the top and down into Val d'Or. Hell drop your gear and loop up 309 or 307 n 311 back to VD and youll have done them all. Great running

If you stay in Senneterre try Motel Belle Villa on the main street at the East end of the towns main street. 1-877-737-2331 A lot nicer then Sennabi with gas, beer and wine right across the street. SAQ just down the street and a great Itallian place about a 200 yard walk. Pizza pasta ect all good. Ski Doo dealer on the main street as well AB sports. Great guys they have helped us out a few times.

I ran the miles from the PQ border to Senneterre through Val Dor 325km. From Seneterre back to the border through Amos 330 km cutting off 93 and going south through St Germaine on local trail (its a great trail). Add 50 KM to each day for Kirkland to the PQ border. Very easy days with low traffic fast trails and lots of gas and food.

1 hour ago, irv said:

Is Quebec in better shape, snow wise, compared to us here in Ontario? 

I have not checked trail status, but I am sure it is. The amounts of snow per year that fall as you hit Ottawa and East is significant more than here. There is a line where it can get sketchy, like around here, more in the South, but I think even that might not be as sketchy as it is here. A couple of co-workers in the Montreal area had a few feet not long ago, they got hit hard early, before they had their snow tires scheduled to be installed so getting around was difficult, but last I heard, they lost 2/3rd of it, but still about 12 inches on the ground...and that was 1 or 2 weeks ago.