Opinions on carbides please

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No...I would take the 99 over the old boat. Although the 97 is probably faster. 

The 99 looks better IMO as well.....for some reason this damn 98 MXZ 670 about 30 miles away has my attention. 

Nevermind...the ZRT ad  has been deleted.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The 99 looks better IMO as well.....for some reason this damn 98 MXZ 670 about 30 miles away has my attention. 

Nevermind...the ZRT ad  has been deleted.

99 had the narrow ski stance. It did make a difference in handling. 

Just now, GreenStreak said:

It'll walk all over a 670. 

yup.....badly. The older 600 would too but it would need a much longer distance to catch the rotary valve motor sled ....they were no slouch either 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

yup.....badly. The older 600 would too but it would need a much longer distance to catch the rotary valve motor sled ....they were no slouch either 

Agreed. The zrt600 I had was nonvalve and would stay side by side with my buddies 2010 renegade 800 ptek out to 600 feet with no issues and then of course he trucked on by

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Dang 

I hate them rotary valve frigs.......got two now in the jet boat and thinking about tossing them through the seadoo showroom window and putting a couple triple triples back there 11!11!

Just now, f7ben said:

I hate them rotary valve frigs.......got two now in the jet boat and thinking about tossing them through the seadoo showroom window and putting a couple triple triples back there 11!11!

I LOVE ROTARIES SO MUCH!

670 ho is revered as probably the best rotary they made. It made 126-130 hp. And weirdly was only made one year. Ski doo decided to replace it with the superior 700 reed valve style engine which made as much as 118 hp. 

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

I LOVE ROTARIES SO MUCH!

670 ho is revered as probably the best rotary they made. It made 126-130 hp. And weirdly was only made one year. Ski doo decided to replace it with the superior 700 reed valve style engine which made as much as 118 hp. 

the zrt 600 engine would make 130 with a set of pipes as I recall