Opinions on carbides please

Just now, GreenStreak said:

Is a Woodys 8 inch carbide dually too much for my Thundercat? Bad idea?What do you guys recommend for aggressive trail riding? What length works for you

How many studs you got?

I have 8" Bergstrom Triple Points on my 08 Vector and although I have never tried the 6" ones, I believe that is the length I should have went. It would be great to try a set just to see but there are times where I think they would have been a better choice. Just an opinion, however, as a lot of folks run 8" ones so running 6" ones might not be a good idea?

• Thanks 1

Hey GS.....do you have darting problems? I hate all dually carbides. They bandaid other issues. A 6" shaper is plenty for your sled and can be dialed in well if there are no other issues 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

There's a seller on eBay selling dually Woody's carbides 4 inch for 49.95 free ship. How would those be with no studs?

4" ones on a T Cat sound like they are not enough. If you are planning on studding it in the near future, I wouldn't go anything less than 6 but I definitely check out a site specific forum first just to know for sure.

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hey GS.....do you have darting problems? I hate all dually carbides. They bandaid other issues. A 6" shaper is plenty for your sled and can be dialed in well if there are no other issues 

Darting? Lol, I really can't answer that question Ben. I haven't really been able to ride it that much to tell and darting ireally never bothers me I just roll with it relax my grip on the bsrs and let it do its thing. If I fight it my arms really get fatigued if I just roll with it doesn't bother me

Edited by GreenStreak

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, GreenStreak said:

Darting? Lol, I really can't answer that question Ben. I haven't really been able to write it that much to tell and darting ireally never bothers me I just roll with it relax my grip on the bsrs and let it do its thing. If I fight it my arms really get fatigued if I just roll with it doesn't bother me

Or just stay on the gas and keep them fuckers a couple inches in the air.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Shaper carbides FTMFW

27 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

Darting? Lol, I really can't answer that question Ben. I haven't really been able to ride it that much to tell and darting ireally never bothers me I just roll with it relax my grip on the bsrs and let it do its thing. If I fight it my arms really get fatigued if I just roll with it doesn't bother me

I would recommend proper toe out , shimming the skis as needed and a good set of shapes. That's what I run on mine and it tracks straight and has the perfect amount of push. That's my go to setup for every sled with stock skis

Edited by f7ben

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I would recommend proper toe in , shimming the skis as needed and a good set of shapes. That's what I run on mine and it tracks straight and has the perfect amount of push. That's my go to setup for every sled with stock skis

Don't you mean tow out?

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

What Ben said. Shapers are the best I have found

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

There is excellent info in here about shimming and darting and setting your sled up whether you run Bergstrom Carbides or not. I used his toe in/out tips/procedure and it made a vast improvement with my sled. I am also running Curve skis, and in my opinion, these are great skis.

http://www.bergstromskegs.com/index.htm