Weekend thread!!!!!11

SSFB

3 hours ago, Dieselgeek said:

Agreed! I hate being home/not working. My wife doesn't work, so financially it has been incredibly hard on my family. 

We really haven't had that part, but mentally I struggle from day to day.  I plan on going back to work after the new year, maybe as late as mid-January.  Going a little stir crazy feeling like I'm ready to go and try to lift the vacuum cleaner and bam!  Icing my incision for a day.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hang in there fellas and all the best on your recoveries and futures.:ylsuper:

I'm struggling to see much past March right now.  I need to plan like I'll be here 5-10-20 years from now, but it is really hard for me at the moment.  

Edited by racinfarmer

8 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Sitting at an airport bar in Seattle like...

giphy.gif

You're supposed to post a picture of what you're drinking at the Airport bar while you're waiting.

SMFH

25 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

We really haven't had that part, but mentally I struggle from day to day.  I plan on going back to work after the new year, maybe as late as mid-January.  Going a little stir crazy feeling like I'm ready to go and try to lift the vacuum cleaner and bam!  Icing my incision for a day.

I'm struggling to see much past March right now.  I need to plan like I'll be here 5-10-20 years from now, but it is really hard for me at the moment.  

Quit clinging to life like it means anything. You're fucking wrecking it. Live until your dead and then dont. Nobody is gonna remember you ever existed 50 years from now. Suck it up and make plans and have fun and live life. All of us will be dead and gone in what seems like an instant. 

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Quit clinging to life like it means anything. You're fucking wrecking it. Live until your dead and then dont. Nobody is gonna remember you ever existed 50 years from now. Suck it up and make plans and have fun and live life. All of us will be dead and gone in what seems like an instant. 

Much easier said then done.  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'll probably need another month or two to figure it out.

Well....I hope you get your head straight and your health follows. Your wife dealing with it ok??

4 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I struggle with the mental aspects at times, especially being that this is the 3rd year in a row I've had 12+ weeks off due to surgeries. Also lost my grandma and mom in the past 2 months, so I'm ready for better days ahead. It's very hard to feel productive/worthwhile sitting at home, yet it's part of the healing process. What is your career currently? Is it something you can/will return to when able? I mourn the "old" me at times, yet I've been struggling with health/chronic pain for 25+ years, so it's a big part of my life. It's very hard to plan for the future with major health issues, so I understand where you are coming from there. 

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Ben, I'm not here to defend, but have you been through major surgery(s), uncertain health future?

7 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

I struggle with the mental aspects at times, especially being that this is the 3rd year in a row I've had 12+ weeks off due to surgeries. Also lost my grandma and mom in the past 2 months, so I'm ready for better days ahead. It's very hard to feel productive/worthwhile sitting at home, yet it's part of the healing process. What is your career currently? Is it something you can/will return to when able? I mourn the "old" me at times, yet I've been struggling with health/chronic pain for 25+ years, so it's a big part of my life. It's very hard to plan for the future with major health issues, so I understand where you are coming from there. 

Ben, I'm not here to defend, but have you been through major surgery(s), uncertain health future?

Not myself....but did with my wife. It gave me a new look on things which is always evolving. I'm no longer religious at all which helps my views concerning life and death.

18 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

Very sorry to hear about your health and recent losses.  

I'm pretty much just a desk jockey and feel like I could have gone back to work after I was off the pain pills.  Doc says no and HR says I can't come back without a doctor's note.  

I'm thankful that I have been fairly healthy most of my life and have what should be a good medical outlook, but I still struggle with pretty much seeing past the end of my nose right now.

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Not myself....but did with my wife. It gave me a new look on things which is always evolving. I'm no longer religious at all which helps my views concerning life and death.

I've been trying to read my Bible.  

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Yeah.  My doctor thinks it was all contained to what was removed.  

I sure hope he's right. Good luck.

I spent a week in the hospital last year with 2 large blood clots in my left lung. Thought I was done when I left the hospital. Wrong, all kinds of things damaged from the clots. Lunge and heart issues now. I'm 57 and trying to figure out a way to retire. I'm done helping other people that don't appreciate the effort. Need to take care of myself and my family.

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I've been trying to read my Bible.  

Well you'll find nothing but a twisted egotistical sadist of a god and a pile of your own hypocrisy there. Good luck

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

I've never had much concern for either.  I don't struggle at all with mortality.  My wife does and I feel sorry for her.  I can see why people turn to religion to help them deal with the ultimate (and guaranteed) end.  I don't blame them.  I just don't care.  Dead is dead.  It's the suffering beforehand we should all try to avoid....some people choose weirdly.  I mean...really weirdly.  When their choices selfishly make others around them suffer, I hope for their earliest possible departure from this life.

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Yeah.  My doctor thinks it was all contained to what was removed.  

Jesus...had to back read to see WTF this was all about.  Hope you're ok...and gonna be ok.  Ben, while brash, isn't all wrong.  You just gotta roll with the punches and think positive.  If that means getting religious, so be it.  Many do.  Whatever it takes to get your through it.  Faith is what each of us wants it to be.  :bc: