Weekend thread!!!!!11

SSFB

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There isn't one here either which is why we always buy a dozen or two when there is a fundraiser...pop in the microwave for 8 seconds and inhale!

Wrap them in a damp paper towel before throwing them in the nuker :thumb:

We have one of those stores here, I didn’t even know it existed until my daughter took me there. I need to stay away from that place. Those donuts are incredible...

We get them at Costco whenever they bring them in. There's always a lineup for the free samples lol. The last time they had them the rack was empty and the guy had one box on the sample counter. When he turned away I grabbed it and threw it in the cart lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn....hereditary condition...hope you heal up fast.✌🏻👊🏻

We aren't sure yet.  I have to go through "genetic counseling " to determine if it is hereditary or random.  As far as I know, we don't have a known family history.

Follow-up scans and lab work every 3 months for at least 2 years, every 6 months for at least another 2 years, and probably every year after that for who knows how long.  

2 hours ago, DAVE said:

X2! :bc:

Thanks.

49 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

How long is recovery? Looks like you lost a few body parts!

Month of lifting no more then 10 pounds, another month of no more then 20-25 pounds.  Not really sure after that.  

Lay awake at night a lot lately with a lot of unanswered questions that may not ever be answered.  

Edited by racinfarmer

14 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Another month or so of laying low.  Was feeling pretty good until the morning.  Think I did something stupid or slept funny and pulled stuff around my incision.  Still feel fine, but it hurts at times.  

My youngest son had his adrenal gland removed from his kidney 12 years ago. He had a 2 centimeter mass growing out of it. They found it when they did a X-ray when he got the wind knocked out of him. He is perfectly fine now, just has to go in for tests once a year. He was lucky they found it. Good luck in the recovery.

7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My youngest son had his adrenal gland removed from his kidney 12 years ago. He had a 2 centimeter mass growing out of it. They found it when they did a X-ray when he got the wind knocked out of him. He is perfectly fine now, just has to go in for tests once a year. He was lucky they found it. Good luck in the recovery.

Mine was around 10cm.

7 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Of course the line to get through the TSA is long as fuck. Fuxk these fucking fucks! :fuckyou:

Rookie, TSA precheck is the only way to roll, never wait more than a few minutes.  Had to get it for the wife too.

Global Entry too if you get outside the States.

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Mine was around 10cm.

He was only 7 years old when they found it. Had they not found it,he probably would be going through what you are as an adult. They think he was born with it but not sure? It took almost a year from when they found it until they removed it. The Chief of surgeons at the University of Chicago was the only one in the area willing to do the procedure. Not one surgeon in Chicago had done the procedure on a child. They typically only see it with adults. With the new technology with X-rays and cat scans , his doctors said they are starting to see it in kids. 

32 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

We aren't sure yet.  I have to go through "genetic counseling " to determine if it is hereditary or random.  As far as I know, we don't have a known family history.

Follow-up scans and lab work every 3 months for at least 2 years, every 6 months for at least another 2 years, and probably every year after that for who knows how long.  

Thanks.

Month of lifting no more then 10 pounds, another month of no more then 20-25 pounds.  Not really sure after that.  

Lay awake at night a lot lately with a lot of unanswered questions that may not ever be answered.  

Getting old sucks.  Hope everything turns out ok for you.

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That's not going to be enough to please the chicks .....good thing you had it removed

10cm if I'm pulling pretty hard on it.

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

He was only 7 years old when they found it. Had they not found it,he probably would be going through what you are as an adult. They think he was born with it but not sure? It took almost a year from when they found it until they removed it. The Chief of surgeons at the University of Chicago was the only one in the area willing to do the procedure. Not one surgeon in Chicago had done the procedure on a child. They typically only see it with adults. With the new technology with X-rays and cat scans , his doctors said they are starting to see it in kids. 

Mine typically doesn't happen to someone  in their early 30's.  That is one of the really concerning parts of this.

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Getting old sucks.  Hope everything turns out ok for you.

Thanks.  The outlook at the moment is good, but at the same time, as far as I knew, 3 months ago and was a fairly healthy and in-shape person too.  I still am, but with a whole new set of health concerns.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

10cm if I'm pulling pretty hard on it.

Mine typically doesn't happen to someone  in their early 30's.  That is one of the really concerning parts of this.

Thanks.  The outlook at the moment is good, but at the same time, as far as I knew, 3 months ago and was a fairly healthy and in-shape person too.  I still am, but with a whole new set of health concerns.  

I'm right there with you on the Outlook of the future... I've had 3 major surgeries in the past 3 years, and still have more in the future. Just remember 1/4 people end up on social security disability... Just something I never thought would happen to me! 2 ribs removed and brain surgery for me. Most likely need neck surgery yet as well. Getting old sucks! If you ever want to talk, pm me. 

9 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

I'm right there with you on the Outlook of the future... I've had 3 major surgeries in the past 3 years, and still have more in the future. Just remember 1/4 people end up on social security disability... Just something I never thought would happen to me! 2 ribs removed and brain surgery for me. Most likely need neck surgery yet as well. Getting old sucks! If you ever want to talk, pm me. 

Sounds like we both have a long few years ahead of us.