Wut up niggas

1 hour ago, irv said:

Good on you! Our cat belonged to a neighbor behind us but we never knew it for about 6 months. He came to our place after we had to put our other cat down and just hung around. He looked like a stray and ate the leftover cat we had like he was starving to death. He would follow me to school when I went to pick up my son then follow us back home. My son, who was in grade 4 at the time, loved it! Long story short, we found out he was neighbors cat and when I inquired where they were that day, they said they were on holidays for 2 weeks. I asked who was feeding him, etc, and the person told me they had a friend who would come around every 3-4 days and fill his food bowl that was outside. :sad: After a few months, we finally ran into the father and asked if we could keep him. He practically lived at our house anyways and needed some vet care. The Father agreed and let us keep him. The wife came around about 6 weeks later and proceeded to tell us how much she loved and took care of him! I could barely contain my laughter. After spending some serious money on shots, deworming, etc, he has been a great cat! He has a favorite chair that we let him abuse and everyday, when I come in the house, before I can even get my boots off, he runs to this chair and lays upside down  through the armrest kicking at the arm enticing me to play with him. Unfortunately, just this past January, he was diagnosed with being diabetic and is slowly going down hill. It is surprising, however, imo, that it has been almost a year and he is still alive. He's a trooper and is going to be sadly missed when he does go.

That's the same name my son named our cat. 

Huh? I have owned cats my whole life and have never seen a cat walk around in their own shit once. Not getting into a dogs/cats things and which are better, but I've never, not once, seen a cat eat it's own shit or another cat's shit. I love dogs too so don't get me wrong. 

HPIM1775 (Large).JPG

IMG_0213 (Large).JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

Wow.  Awesome story , with a sad ending tho . Part of me really wants our older cat to get along with him, and I'm hoping nobody claims him ,unless he came from a good home . Right now were trying to get him to use the litter box...and I literally mean box lol. We were unprepared for an extra cat last night so I cut up an old box so he could have a temporary litter box. I'm trying to show him how to dig in the sand  but hes more interested in playing. 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Cats shit in the same 1x2' area........they prance around in that fucker like its their job. Gross

Our older cat actually washes his paws off when comes out lol. We have a little bowl next to his box. Hes usually pretty good at washing his feet . Weird cat lol

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

Our older cat actually washes his paws off when comes out lol. We have a little bowl next to his box. Hes usually pretty good at washing his feet . Weird cat lol

kitty is smarter than momo !!!!!!1111

39 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

A dog will love and respect anyone. That’s the default setting. Get a cat to appreciate you like a dog does and that’s an accomplishment 

Never heard it put like that bit that's the damn truth.  Look at this little fucking bitch!  Our frosty princess.  CUNT!!!

IMG_1921.jpg

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

A dog will love and respect anyone. That’s the default setting. Get a cat to appreciate you like a dog does and that’s an accomplishment 

I like that too. Well said and very truthful. :bc:

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

Wow.  Awesome story , with a sad ending tho . Part of me really wants our older cat to get along with him, and I'm hoping nobody claims him ,unless he came from a good home . Right now were trying to get him to use the litter box...and I literally mean box lol. We were unprepared for an extra cat last night so I cut up an old box so he could have a temporary litter box. I'm trying to show him how to dig in the sand  but hes more interested in playing. 

42 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Our cats paws are full of litter. He drinks so much due to the diabetes that piss runs on his paws and the clumping cat litter sticks to them. He's a scrapper who hates his paws being touched/cleaned but I have to sometimes as the build up gets to be too much. That would be great if he washed his own paws. Never seen nor heard of that before!

His days are numbered unfortunately, but just when I get thinking its time, he has a great day or two and I reconsider. He still looks healthy, still purrs, has a ferocious appetite, etc, and besides wanting to eat constantly, he still manages quite well. We have been feeding him tins of tuna and Fancy Feast. We read to keep them off carbs if possible as that is hard for cats/dogs with diabetes. I am going through litter and food like no tomorrow but I know the inevitable is just around the corner. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Here is Buddy hanging out with Izzo the PomChi...old bastard showed up with fucked up chiclets, a limp and frost bit ears....he is a super nice cat.

5F69623D-ADED-402B-8A6D-260ED5A2976F.thumb.jpeg.2ea39bab6229a619da7ce14f99bdc7ca.jpeg

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, irv said:

I like that too. Well said and very truthful. :bc:

Our cats paws are full of litter. He drinks so much due to the diabetes that piss runs on his paws and the clumping cat litter sticks to them. He's a scrapper who hates his paws being touched/cleaned but I have to sometimes as the build up gets to be too much. That would be great if he washed his own paws. Never seen nor heard of that before!

His days are numbered unfortunately, but just when I get thinking its time, he has a great day or two and I reconsider. He still looks healthy, still purrs, has a ferocious appetite, etc, and besides wanting to eat constantly, he still manages quite well. We have been feeding him tins of tuna and Fancy Feast. We read to keep them off carbs if possible as that is hard for cats/dogs with diabetes. I am going through litter and food like no tomorrow but I know the inevitable is just around the corner. 

That's sad knowing the end is near. Its a rough day ,especially if you think he still has some good days left. I hate playing God like that.  The wife was thinking we may have put our dog down a tad early, but her quality of life was going south fast . 

5 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

That's sad knowing the end is near. Its a rough day ,especially if you think he still has some good days left. I hate playing God like that.  The wife was thinking we may have put our dog down a tad early, but her quality of life was going south fast . 

I've been down this road before but it never gets any easier! I know the day is coming soon but no matter how hard I try not to think about it, I well up just the same dreading the day. And like a fool, I say never again but that usually changes within a couple weeks/months just so I can do it all over again. O.o

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

Do yourself a favor, get him to shit outside. 

• Haha 1

Awesome on bringing a new member into your family and especially when he didn't have a home before! :bc:

Cats can be great!  Here's my cat (Rocky) when I first saw him.  Notice he's clamped on to my hand.  He's such a biter and so damn much fun.  He's my pal.

image.thumb.png.d7ff9f184bc0e00d24d3c4d051f51fef.png

Edited by SmeeAgain
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

Awesome on bringing a new member into your family and especially when he didn't have a home before! :bc:

Cats can be great!  Here's my cat (Rocky) when I first saw him.  Notice he's clamped on to my hand.  He's such a biter and so damn much fun.  He's my pal.

image.thumb.png.d7ff9f184bc0e00d24d3c4d051f51fef.png

Holly crap is that cat ever cute lol 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, irv said:

I've been down this road before but it never gets any easier! I know the day is coming soon but no matter how hard I try not to think about it, I well up just the same dreading the day. And like a fool, I say never again but that usually changes within a couple weeks/months just so I can do it all over again. O.o

I'm with you Irv.....I've laid on the floor at the vet and sobbed while they have taken their last breaths and yeah we always do it again as well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

I couldn't do it. The wife was on the ground holding her when she passed ...I just couldn't stomach it. I cried closed her eyelids as best as I could ,and once I did that I nearly died myself

I’ve lost 5 now.  Every fucking one teared a part of my soul out when they died.  Thinking about my last one (my polar bear cub) still makes me physically hurt.  It’s unreal the affect they have on you.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve lost 5 now.  Every fucking one teared a part of my soul out when they died.  Thinking about my last one (my polar bear cub) still makes me physically hurt.  It’s unreal the affect they have on you.

Yeah. It really sucks. I think I'm getting over our rottie a bit ,but still tear up looking at photos around her shrine . The absolute worst is watching video of her . That really fucks me up 

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i feel fortunate to have never had to put down a dog,  that would rip me.  wife put down the last one when i was travelling and my parents my childhood dog.  i've had to do a few cats and cried like a baby over those.  

I dont think it matters if it's a cat or dog. Boils down to what they meant to you I guess 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2018 at 2:09 PM, irv said:

Unfortunately today was the day. :sad: Over the last 3 days, Buddy went downhill fast. His left rear leg started to go bad on him and the next day it was his right. He could hardly get around anymore no matter how hard he tried so we knew his quality of life just wasn't there anymore. Like I said, he was a trooper! It was almost exactly a year to the day he was diagnosed with diabetes so we were lucky we got the extra time we did with him. It was very painful doing what I had to do today because, despite his rear legs, he still seemed ok mentally. He would still purr and still loved getting his ears rubbed and being petted but he would basically just eat, use the litter box then lay down and rest. RIP my furry friend, We are going to miss you!! 

IMG_0213 (Large).JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

• Sad 4

15 minutes ago, irv said:

Unfortunately today was the day. :sad: Over the last 3 days, Buddy went downhill fast. His left rear leg started to go bad on him and the next day it was his right. He could hardly get around anymore no matter how hard he tried so we knew his quality of life just wasn't there anymore. Like I said, he was a trooper! It was almost exactly a year to the day he was diagnosed with diabetes so we were lucky we got the extra time we did with him. It was very painful doing what I had to do today because, despite his rear legs, he still seemed ok mentally. He would still purr and still loved getting his ears rubbed and being petted but he would basically just eat, use the litter box then lay down and rest. RIP my furry friend, We are going to miss you!! 

IMG_0213 (Large).JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

Sad to hear Irv.

29 minutes ago, irv said:

IMG_0213 (Large).JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

I’m sorry