Ian K band. Anyone ever heard of them?

irv

A friend posted this on FB. A CDN band that I had never heard of before. I like this song but haven't really searched yet for others. The area in the vid looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it? Anyways, I thought it was worthy of posting.

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

Video sucks but the tune is good....sounds like another artist, just not sure who.

Guessing the video is from Peterborough area seeing as that is where the band is from.

I agree, but with not likely much of a budget, that's likely the best they can do for now. The song was just released on Dec 7th. 

51 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

Can't stand the tune, and the video is crap.

Looks like it was filmed in Little Lake Cemetery in Peterborough

A country and western guy are you John? I actually like the tune but I like hard rock as well so it suits me just fine. The vid, like I mentioned above, just came out so I would assume they will make a better one, maybe? He/they have a few which aren't bad but I doubt vids are cheap to make so who knows? 

This song (below) might be recognizable? It was the theme song for some CDN and American broadcast shows.

6 hours ago, Bigfish said:

Definitely NOT C&W!

More of a Prog Rock aficionado

I like most music, C&W, Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Progressive, etc, just not much of a rap guy. With that being said, it doesn't mean I like every song by a favorite band, just the ones that appeal to me. What are some of your favorites, Bigfish? 

10 hours ago, irv said:

I like most music, C&W, Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Progressive, etc, just not much of a rap guy. With that being said, it doesn't mean I like every song by a favorite band, just the ones that appeal to me. What are some of your favorites, Bigfish? 

Too many to list, but here is the last 5 artists from my recently played:

Pink Floyd, Genesis, Mike Oldfield, Jeff Buckley, and Alan Parsons

1 hour ago, Bigfish said:

Too many to list, but here is the last 5 artists from my recently played:

Pink Floyd, Genesis, Mike Oldfield, Jeff Buckley, and Alan Parsons

I like Pink Floyd and never really cared for Genesis other than a couple of their songs. Mike Oldfield sounds a bit familiar and I have never heard of Jeff Buckley before. Alan Parsons I have listened to and enjoy for the most part but I have zero albums of theirs. My variety may be strange. I can go from listening to a good C&W song right into a hard rock song. I enjoy John Prine but can listen to something from the Scorpions right after. As I have gotten older, however, I find myself listening less and less to some of the older music I once enjoyed but at the same time, if I hear one of the hits they had, then I'll usually crank that up. Same goes with an old C&W song my parents use to play. Those bring back some memories when my mom and I would sing along with them. Like the vid I posted above, there are many great bands/musicians out there that likely I and others have never heard of before, which is too bad as when I hear them sometimes, I always wonder why they never made it or why I have never heard of them before. 

54 minutes ago, irv said:

I like Pink Floyd and never really cared for Genesis other than a couple of their songs. Mike Oldfield sounds a bit familiar and I have never heard of Jeff Buckley before. Alan Parsons I have listened to and enjoy for the most part but I have zero albums of theirs. My variety may be strange. I can go from listening to a good C&W song right into a hard rock song. I enjoy John Prine but can listen to something from the Scorpions right after. As I have gotten older, however, I find myself listening less and less to some of the older music I once enjoyed but at the same time, if I hear one of the hits they had, then I'll usually crank that up. Same goes with an old C&W song my parents use to play. Those bring back some memories when my mom and I would sing along with them. Like the vid I posted above, there are many great bands/musicians out there that likely I and others have never heard of before, which is too bad as when I hear them sometimes, I always wonder why they never made it or why I have never heard of them before. 

Yeah I can relate. I'm primarily a Prog Rock/Blues fan, I also listen to an eclectic range of music.

Jeff Buckley was the son of the late Tim Buckley (folk/jazz artist in the 60s)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Buckley

On 12/13/2018 at 1:41 PM, irv said:

A country and western guy are you John? I actually like the tune but I like hard rock as well so it suits me just fine. The vid, like I mentioned above, just came out so I would assume they will make a better one, maybe? He/they have a few which aren't bad but I doubt vids are cheap to make so who knows? 

This song (below) might be recognizable? It was the theme song for some CDN and American broadcast shows.

1980’s all over...lol

On 12/13/2018 at 1:41 PM, irv said:

Way better hair