Apple vs Android

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I know......I hate google 

I have a pixel, its a great phone but I know what you mean about google as a company. If you got a smartphone, regardless of brand or operating system then big brother has you, end of story. Considering this I made the call to start using all the various location features and all that anti-privacy stuff. Once you get the taste of boot out of your mouth some of it pretty helpful actually. 

I just got a Pixel3 xl for half price on black Friday. I see the Pixel as a bridge between the iPhone world and Android. iPhone has a bunch of little software items which are great but there are starting to be just as many useful items on the Pixel. Google maps, Google translate and Google assistant are all equal or better than their Apple counterparts. I would say that having swapped phones a few times that the Pixel did the most complete job of transferring my last phones content to the new phone. I would not be in a hurry to buy a Samsung as they really seem to have just a bunch of crap on them that is just not required or even useful over time.

6 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Thank you to everyone for posting your opinions and thoughts, and the consensus is that I should stick with an iPhone, so now the decision is down to an XR or XS.

I’ve got the x with the OLED display. Quite honestly it’s only marginally better than the LED display of the XR. The XR doesn’t have the press feature on the screen. I rarely use it. 

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

There were some pretty good deals on those at Verizon. 

I saw you Google Pixl post right after I posted sticking with iPhone, I have a Chromebook so I'm familiar with Google.

I'm going to use Sprint to beat down Verizon which I use for a carrier because of the coverage have up north, my company is all Sprint and they just got upgraded to XS and XR phones all for $50.00 per phone line unlimited everything.

why are you guys needing to re boot your phones ? i have only had to re boot any of my samsungs 1 time in years . my current one has not been off or rebooted in 1.5 yrs at least . I always get the restart for updates notifications but never do it 

21 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I saw you Google Pixl post right after I posted sticking with iPhone, I have a Chromebook so I'm familiar with Google.

I'm going to use Sprint to beat down Verizon which I use for a carrier because of the coverage have up north, my company is all Sprint and they just got upgraded to XS and XR phones all for $50.00 per phone line unlimited everything.

That is a big thing for me as Google Chrome gives you a pretty good cross platform access to just about everything.  The Pixel comes with unlimited Google drive storage so your phone pics and documents backup automatically which is pretty handy.

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

That is a big thing for me as Google Chrome gives you a pretty good cross platform access to just about everything.  The Pixel comes with unlimited Google drive storage so your phone pics and documents backup automatically which is pretty handy.

How does the Pixl do in the cold?

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

How does the Pixl do in the cold?

Same as an iPhone.  All the phones battery deteriorate over time and performance is ugly in cold weather.  There just isn't a silver bullet system.  If you are a moderate or power user you will need to plug in your phone every evening, if not a mid-day charge.

Neal

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Thank you to everyone for posting your opinions and thoughts, and the consensus is that I should stick with an iPhone, so now the decision is down to an XR or XS.

the XS is a beautiful piece of hardware, i am buying the wife an XR she doesn't need the screen

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

There were some pretty good deals on those at Verizon. 

i haven't found anything great from verizon.   best deal right now is trade in direct with apple unless you want to add a line.  250 trade on the wifes clapped out 6s+vs 175 from verizon

only reason i'm buying direct through verizon is i have a couple hundred in device credit but i'm hoping to get a deal right before xmas,  doesn't need to come in on time.

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I have only ever owned Android phones but I bought an iPhone XR a couple months ago. It is much less buggy than the Android devices I have had but I find myself shaking my head every time I have to look thru the menu because IMO the way Apple organizes things is just bizarre. Doesn’t matter though if you’re used to it. 

Also, I don’t know what it is but sometimes the touch doesn’t work worth a shit. I’ve had times where I can repeatedly click on something within the browser and it doesn’t work. Never experienced that with an Android, ever. It’s not locking up, it’s just not even registering the click. 

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I have only ever owned Android phones but I bought an iPhone XR a couple months ago. It is much less buggy than the Android devices I have had but I find myself shaking my head every time I have to look thru the menu because IMO the way Apple organizes things is just bizarre. Doesn’t matter though if you’re used to it. 

Also, I don’t know what it is but sometimes the touch doesn’t work worth a shit. I’ve had times where I can repeatedly click on something within the browser and it doesn’t work. Never experienced that with an Android, ever. It’s not locking up, it’s just not even registering the click. 

My s8 has started doing that from time to time

Just now, f7ben said:

My s8 has started doing that from time to time

I have experienced the browser just being slower than fuck on an Android but never have I had it not even register the click.

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

I have experienced the browser just being slower than fuck on an Android but never have I had it not even register the click.

You know how the icon distorts when its clicked.....you can visually see that its being pressed. I know im hitting it but sometimes I have to do it 3-4 times before it opens the app

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

I know......I hate google 

I fucking love Google. All my user names and passwords are stored in Google, Google maps is brilliant when you spend as much time in the car as I do, our whole family is linked in Google calendar, our operations at work run thru Google, it's just great. Kill yourself

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I fucking love Google. All my user names and passwords are stored in Google, Google maps is brilliant when you spend as much time in the car as I do, our whole family is linked in Google calendar, our operations at work run thru Google, it's just great. Kill yourself

A website that I have an account on recently got hacked so I have moved all of my passwords over to “LastPass”. It’s really slick. No two websites now have the same password but it’s simple to copy the password and login. LastPass will even put it in automatically when it can. 

Its the only place I store my passwords now. 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

When deep state takes over they’ll know everything about you. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

8 minutes ago, SSFB said:

A website that I have an account on recently got hacked so I have moved all of my passwords over to “LastPass”. It’s really slick. No two websites now have the same password but it’s simple to copy the password and login. LastPass will even put it in automatically when it can. 

Its the only place I store my passwords now. 

I had that app once, made me feel like a faggot so I didn't use it!!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

Vince, go to apple.com, they claim to have phones for a decent price if you trade in an iPhone (not sure how old your current phone is.) 

I got $100 trade in for my old as fuck Galaxy s7. That really surprised me.