Apple vs Android

I have had an iPhone for longer than I can remember, I like it a lot and I live in a PC world; it's time to get a new phone and I'm thinking of going Android only because the Android outperforms the iPhone in cold weather.

I can live with my iPhone's cold weather weakness, so the question is: Is it worth it to switch or just stay with what's familiar and works for me in every other environment?

Looking forward to your responses.

Vince I've had iPhone, Samsung and google pixel phones.   I am mostly a pc guy as well but the iPhone while has less features always works.  Never have to reboot etc.   My Samsung phones have been nothing but issues, needing reboots, new battery after a year, crashes.   Most android guys just accept glitches.  Now having said that, I really like the google pixel phones.  It's a non fudged with OS from google.  It works well and I've never had to reboot it or had it crash like the Samsung phones.   If I were to ever go android again, it would be a google phone.

I've been in the it security field for 10 years now and I really don't need some of the fancy shit the Samsung has.    

Just now, Kev144 said:

Vince I've had iPhone, Samsung and google pixel phones.   I am mostly a pc guy as well but the iPhone while has less features always works.  Never have to reboot etc.   My Samsung phones have been nothing but issues, needing reboots, new battery after a year, crashes.   Most android guys just accept glitches.  Now having said that, I really like the google pixel phones.  It's a non fudged with OS from google.  It works well and I've never had to reboot it or had it crash like the Samsung phones.   If I were to ever go android again, it would be a google phone.

I've been in the it security field for 10 years now and I really don't need some of the fancy shit the Samsung has.    

my pixel XL was pretty flawless,  last OS update drains the battery i just haven't sat down to spend the time and do a full reset and reload it which supposedly will fix that.  been hoping for a steal on a Pixel 3 XL instead but it's nice not having any phone payments right now

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Really liking my Pixel 3 XL.  Sung has far too much bloatware, iPhone works nothing special.

• Gold Member

one thing to consider is purchased apps and native apps. if you use a lot of native apple apps they may not work as well on the droid, or even be available.  if you have purchased apps, you'll have to repurchase droid versions if you switch. 

All of my motorolas have been great. Usually last about 2 years before the battery starts to lose its ability to hold a charge for a long time. I have this new one and the battery is the best ever. Cameras are better on the droids too. And I can charge this to a full charge in less than a half hour and will charge to 75% in 10-15 minutes. 

But like the others said, its best to stick with what you are used to. Get an auxiliary battery for trips. I have one and it works great. 

34 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Really liking my Pixel 3 XL.  Sung has far too much bloatware, iPhone works nothing special.

The iPhone is very basic but it has all the things I need from a phone and works well.   I don't have to restart it daily like my Samsungs, it hasn't caught fire yet and I can usually get 4 years on one, sell it still working and buy another new non current iPhone.  

I don't care for the latest and greatest.  I bought a iPhone 7 128gb when the 8 and x came out for 400 less than new.   

Edited by Kev144

Iphones just keep going and going.  I havent turned my iphone off in months. Its 3 years old and still on the original battery. Will last all day with moderate use. 

Not the best at anything but good at everything. Stick with what you know. 

I think both platforms perform well for the vast majority of users. I prefer apple and iOS because of my hearing loss and the hearing aids I wear. Apple has baked in Bluetooth conectivity for hearing aids. Something android doesn’t see as a priority. I can adjust them either through the phone or Apple Watch. I can also stream music and do hands free calling. The hearing aids also adjust via GPS coordinates for programmed soundfield formats through the phone or watch. It’s been a total life changer. . 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I have had an iPhone for longer than I can remember, I like it a lot and I live in a PC world; it's time to get a new phone and I'm thinking of going Android only because the Android outperforms the iPhone in cold weather.

I can live with my iPhone's cold weather weakness, so the question is: Is it worth it to switch or just stay with what's familiar and works for me in every other environment?

Looking forward to your responses.

NO is all I am gonna say. You will hate the android.

my BIL the sparky did it and returned the droid before he tossed it into fresh concrete .

i have bee a Apple guy since 84

Edited by Mainecat

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I've been strictly samsung for 8 years now. These will be my last. I'd love to go apple but I cant deal with IOS. I'll be trying another android device. 

Trying something new or issues?  I'd recommend google for issue free/durable 

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Trying something new or issues?  I'd recommend google for issue free/durable 

Issues.....not with performance.....with the fucking things bricking themselves and needing replaced. Have had 3 phones need replacing in the first year of the 5 I bought. 

I'd like to try a pixel but I hate google as a company so bad I just cant stomach giving them my money. Maybe a motorola next.....IDK

Just now, f7ben said:

Issues.....not with performance.....with the fucking things bricking themselves and needing replaced. Have had 3 phones need replacing in the first year of the 5 I bought. 

I'd like to try a pixel but I hate google as a company so bad I just cant stomach giving them my money. Maybe a motorola next.....IDK

I think you gonna love this one. It’s $300 off today only 

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-Xperia-XZ2-Premium-deal-price-discount-Amazon_id111805

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Android is all google so they got you either way