Amsnow Shootout

HSR

I,m not sure how many of you guys have actually been to the site of the shoot-out, but there is zero way there to actually measure how good or bad a sled runs. The ever changing conditions do not allow consistant launches, from one sled  to another.

It,s a bull dozed laneway, out in a rough field. IF it was held on ice, or pavement, you would actually be able to see more consistant runs, from all sleds.

This event is great for drinking beer, eating hot dogs and burgers, and teasing your buds, but does absolutely nothing to determine quickest or fastest sleds. I,ve see runs were sleds hook up and go, and I,ve seen 20 ft roostertails of mud and snow. Zero hook-up consistantzy.

Being brand loyal to zero brands, I,m not making excuses for any brand. The winners just happened to have the luck of launching better than others. They are all very close, and I,m sure real results of running your buddies will differ, from day to day. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I,m not sure how many of you guys have actually been to the site of the shoot-out, but there is zero way there to actually measure how good or bad a sled runs. The ever changing conditions do not allow consistant launches, from one sled  to another.

It,s a bull dozed laneway, out in a rough field. IF it was held on ice, or pavement, you would actually be able to see more consistant runs, from all sleds.

This event is great for drinking beer, eating hot dogs and burgers, and teasing your buds, but does absolutely nothing to determine quickest or fastest sleds. I,ve see runs were sleds hook up and go, and I,ve seen 20 ft roostertails of mud and snow. Zero hook-up consistantzy.

Being brand loyal to zero brands, I,m not making excuses for any brand. The winners just happened to have the luck of launching better than others. They are all very close, and I,m sure real results of running your buddies will differ, from day to day. 

I ran my sled there in 2016 after the new sled shootout was over,  3 runs all within a few tenths of each other, mph on every run nearly identical, my friend ran his sled 2 runs, same story.

18 hours ago, f7ben said:

You wouldn't  believe me if I told you lol. Under 10 mph with my daughter on the back and within sight of where I tore up that other cat turbo just 2 blocks from my house :lol:

Do you need glasses?

Just now, s pump said:

Why you keep hitting stuff tho?

I didnt even see what I hit this time. Ski hit a volleyball size rock frozen under the snow where there has never been a rock before. Of course I havent lived there for 3 years......they must have done some retarded landscaping along the big rock wall that leads out to the trail. 

well buying a new 850 doo this yr and digging in to it I am not at all surprised how it ran .

talk about shitty fit and alinment  what a pile of shit  and people rip on cat . I have never owned a new cat that I have had to move the whole fucking motor just to get the clutches close to alignment. shim here and there yes but not the whole motor and shims  

fit and Finnish my ass same junk diff name .

I guarantee your average toolkit has no idea how to even change a belt let alone align clutches .

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I didnt even see what I hit this time. Ski hit a volleyball size rock frozen under the snow where there has never been a rock before. Of course I havent lived there for 3 years......they must have done some retarded landscaping along the big rock wall that leads out to the trail. 

Sucks

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

well buying a new 850 doo this yr and digging in to it I am not at all surprised how it ran .

talk about shitty fit and alinment  what a pile of shit  and people rip on cat . I have never owned a new cat that I have had to move the whole fucking motor just to get the clutches close to alignment. shim here and there yes but not the whole motor and shims  

I guarantee your average toolkit has no idea how to even change a belt let alone align clutches .

Bullshit. Skidoo is light years ahead of the other 2 on fit and finish. You are fucking that sled up. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, s pump said:

Sucks

It barely tweaked the lower left arm but when we hit the rock my knee busted the custom painted side panel. I was riding way forward with the kid on the back and smacked it pretty good.

That really sucks as now I have to find a body shop to try and match that paint color

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

my M was totaled this year from bouncing off a rock .worse part I was the 6th sled through and did not get out of the track of the others . 

but to be fair it was just the last big hit the sled could take . 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Thats really surprising. Doos have had the edge for a while in those departments. New Poos are getting close and Cats are way better 14 and up.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It barely tweaked the lower left arm but when we hit the rock my knee busted the custom painted side panel. I was riding way forward with the kid on the back and smacked it pretty good.

That really sucks as now I have to find a body shop to try and match that paint color

Pics? :Bent7 :owned:

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Bullshit. Skidoo is light years ahead of the other 2 on fit and finish. You are fucking that sled up. 

yeah that is the ticket . I had a world record setting tunner over and he could not beleve how fucked up this thing was .took us 3/4 of a day to get it correct .

same junk diff name . prob is too has a great marketing dept and toolkits lap it up like cum at the glory hole 

• Like 1

Just now, Ez ryder said:

yeah that is the ticket . I had a world record setting tunner over and he could not beleve how fucked up this thing was .took us 3/4 of a day to get it correct .

same junk diff name . prob is too has a great marketing dept and toolkits lap it up like cum at the glory hole 

yup....the average doo buyer is easily the dumbest , lowest common denominator of sled buyers 

3 minutes ago, s pump said:

Thats really surprising. Doos have had the edge for a while in those departments. New Poos are getting close and Cats are way better 14 and up.

I was surprised my self . only excuse I can poss come up with is they all had a service update to shim pto side so dealer could have fucked shit up worse . but who knows . no excuse from a new ride . and I sure shit was not going to let dealer work on it again after seeing there work 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

yup....the average doo buyer is easily the dumbest , lowest common denominator of sled buyers 

Maybe but the fit and finish on the Doo are many levels above the others. That is just reality. 

• Haha 1