Weekend thread!!!!!11

SSFB

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

I find the 4 days or nights too long. We work 12 hour shifts.

2 days, 24 hours off, 2 nights. 4 off. Goes better I find.

That 24 hours off is a nice break.

I work 12 hour shifts too.......4 nights is a bit long but on your turn going from days to nights you actually get 5 full 24hr periods off......its a nice long break 

With your schedule above your first day off is kinda shot cause you just got off midnights and its like that every 4 day off stretch.....that kinda sucks 

Just now, f7ben said:

I work 12 hour shifts too.......4 nights is a bit long but on your turn going from days to nights you actually get 5 full 24hr periods off......its a nice long break 

With your schedule above your first day off is kinda shot cause you just got off midnights and its like that every 4 day off stretch.....that kinda sucks 

You have to get up before noon or your first and second day off are fucked up!

I'm up between 10-11. Go to bed at 6. So 4-5 hours sleep 

Just now, awful knawful said:

You have to get up before noon or your first and second day off are fucked up!

I'm up between 10-11. Go to bed at 6. So 4-5 hours sleep 

I usually only nap for 2 hours on my first day off from midnights or sometimes I just stay up all day. Then I get to bed early and sleep about 10 hours......its the only way I can be productive coming off nights and get right back into day mode

On 12/7/2018 at 8:43 PM, Kivalo said:

Yesterdy i flew from Dutch Harbor to Anchorage then last night at 1am I flew to Portland and now I'm in Logan airport waiting for my flight home.

Nice! Waht's next on the agenda?

17 hours ago, f7ben said:

Decent .....I think I'd like 4 on 4 off and rotating 4 days and 4 nights better. 

One of my buddies used to work on the maintenance crew at a wood chip power plant. 12 hour shifts, 4 day one week and 3 the next. He rotated every month from days to nights.

A buddy came up this weekend and we fiddly fucked around and did a few projects around the house whilst consumed more than our share of the devils lettuce. Good times :thumbsup:

We t to the New England Motorcycle racer hall of fame induction ceremony last night.  Got to reconnect with a whole bunch of my old racing buddies.  Everyone from Doug Henry, John Dowd, and many more were there.  Jimmy Ellis was so fast back in the day, some races they made him start a lap down.  Later went on to win several national championships with the factory Honda team.  Another former factory Honda racer and friend, Jo Jo Keller and me.  Dude now weighs 350 lbs. and can still wheel a motocross bike like no ones business.  Another legend and former national champion Doug Henry with Mike Treadwell clipping my buddy the bird. :lol: .  :bc: 

3265087A-8E45-4BD9-9401-10830DBB4E09.jpeg

FA394419-A76D-427B-A13D-67299BBDA735.jpeg

E54E1151-4895-4B67-9205-6B276E42BCAB.jpeg

• Like 2

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, ckf said:

Nice! Waht's next on the agenda?

One of my buddies used to work on the maintenance crew at a wood chip power plant. 12 hour shifts, 4 day one week and 3 the next. He rotated every month from days to nights.

A buddy came up this weekend and we fiddly fucked around and did a few projects around the house whilst consumed more than our share of the devils lettuce. Good times :thumbsup:

For the next week, Im going to enjoy dry land and vacation time.. My boss told me that if they can repair the boat they would likely fly me back out, we still have a full load of fuel aboard. If that doesn't happen then I'll be done until May. In the meantime Im going to try and find a spot on an OSV  or maybe do some continuing ed. so I can up my license a bit. 

Oh and Im gonna do some duck hunting and snowmachining!  :bc:

Edited by Kivalo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

For the next week, Im going to enjoy dry land and vacation time.. My boss told me that if they can repair the boat they would likely fly me back out, we still have a full load of fuel aboard. If that doesn't happen then I'll be done until May. In the meantime Im going to try and find a spot on an OSV  or maybe do some continuing ed. so I can up my license a bit. 

Oh and Im gonna do some duck hunting and snowmachining!  :bc:

Nice! Enjoy your time off :bc:

Looks like your star QB is out again :(

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The new Samsung weighed in at #250. Yes I know I need a new floor. The three layers of old floor aren’t helping the ambition dept. Put the old girl to the curb.

E0EF17FB-3915-43E6-A7DD-CB823346AB55.jpeg

BD95B17F-407C-4922-A49C-78A4FFB50C80.jpeg

I know she's done for but that old Frigidaire is cool as hell....love the color.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I know she's done for but that old Frigidaire is cool as hell....love the color.

Nobody makes that exact size anymore , so it sucked balls putting in. I could have reconditioned the old one, but the wife wasn’t having it. Plus we both hate cooking on electric burners.  The new one was normaly $2600 one sale for $1450. That style is fucking spendy. When I bought the house 12 years ago, the oven was the first thing I was going to replace. Until I started pricing them out.:lol:

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

The new Samsung weighed in at #250. Yes I know I need a new floor. The three layers of old floor aren’t helping the ambition dept. Put the old girl to the curb.

Looks nice hopefully lasts a while.  The Samsung and LG appliances are the worst to work on.  Repair friend told me he won't work on them after 20 years too much electronical bullshit like tablets in fridges :lol: 

55 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Nobody makes that exact size anymore , so it sucked balls putting in. I could have reconditioned the old one, but the wife wasn’t having it. Plus we both hate cooking on electric burners.  The new one was normaly $2600 one sale for $1450. That style is fucking spendy. When I bought the house 12 years ago, the oven was the first thing I was going to replace. Until I started pricing them out.:lol:

U got that FU money though!!!!!

:lol: :bc:

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

$2600 normal on sale for $1450, I see your female side coming out.:lol:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Looks nice hopefully lasts a while.  The Samsung and LG appliances are the worst to work on.  Repair friend told me he won't work on them after 20 years too much electronical bullshit like tablets in fridges :lol: 

Ge is no better.

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

$2600 normal on sale for $1450, I see your female side coming out.:lol:

They tried to get me with buying everything for the kitchen so it would match? (Everything else was at full retail). You should have looked at the sales ladies face when I told her I didn’t care if my Sox matched?:lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Nice looking unit and smart for you not going with electric, propane stove kicks ass in every way it’s not even close. :bc: 

It’s natural gas. Took 40 amps off my electrical panel. The new one only draws 3.5 amps. Natural gas is dirt cheap. Fuck Com Ed. AKA Exilon........

Horrible weekend. Was going to put my new shocks on yesterday and threw my back out first thing. Hasn't been this bad since i ruptured a disc about 20 years ago. Barely made it to the couch where I laid frozen for a couple hours. Had my wife scour the house for drugs. Found some 6 year old Vicodin took 2. Took 4 ibuprofen and a muscle relaxer.

Had her and my son pick me up off the couch so I could go take a piss. Tried everything. Neighbors and friends brought over cbd oil, other essential oils, heating pads, massager, etc.. fuck this sucks. I have alot of shit going on right now. Felt a little better today. Going to the chiropractor tomorrow.  Getting old sucks!!!!+11

Edited by Anler
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Woodtick said:

That avocado green stove looks like brand new! Does your wife cook? If not why does she need a new one?

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Horrible weekend. Was going to put my new shocks on yesterday and threw my back out first thing. Hasn't been this bad since i ruptured a disc about 20 years ago. Barely made it to the couch where I laid frozen for a couple hours. Had my wife scour the house for drugs. Found some 6 year old Vicodin took 2. Took 4 ibuprofen and a muscle relaxer.

Had her and my son pick me up off the couch so I could go take a piss. Tried everything. Neighbors and friends brought over cbd oil, other essential oils, heating pads, massager, etc.. fuck this sucks. I have alot of shit going on right now. Felt a little better today. Going to the chiropractor tomorrow.  Getting old sucks!!!!+11

Fuck that chiropractor. Go to the doctor and get some prednisone and get better.

If you ready hurt yourself the chiropractor is going to make it worse 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Fuck that chiropractor. Go to the doctor and get some prednisone and get better.

If you ready hurt yourself the chiropractor is going to make it worse 

Had a script for back surgery about 17 years ago. Never did it and the chiro has kept me good. If I need something more he will tell me. If I go to the doc they are gonna want to operate and I'm not having it.