So i got some shitty news here tonight...

Dave

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Just heard back from the daughter in law....hes breathing on his own now...he talked a bit....hes sleeping now

That's great news. Hoping for a speedy recovery and I hope they can figure out what caused it.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Sorry Dave, a call a parent never wants to receive, but glad to hear he is doing better. 

Any indications of what brought it on and what happened?

9 hours ago, DAVE said:

The wife and I were just buttoning up some things here at home before we leave for our trek down to AZ....

Our daughter in law messages my wife and says Bradley...our son is in ICU in stable but critical condition....they are in Maui on vacation....he is on a breathing machine and apparently he had heart failure...they said it wasnt a stroke...waiting to hear back for more info...we are kind of in shock here. Hes never had any issues ever with his health.

:(

Dude that’s horrible. I know he will be okay. Let us know what the cause was. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Just found out my sons back on life support....his hearts not getting any better...hes getting air ambulanced back to Ontario monday...will be heading there today.

Sorry to hear.  Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. 

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Just found out my sons back on life support....his hearts not getting any better...hes getting air ambulanced back to Ontario monday...will be heading there today.

Sorry Dave, thoughts and prayers for your boy.

You're always prepared for something like this to happen to you. You seen friends your age get nailed but you can never be ready for health issues with your kids. Can't imagine how horrible this is for you and your wife. Hope things improve for your family.

Edited by revkevsdi

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Damn.....this is very strange. You'd think once they stabilized him they'd get a regular heart beat back. He must be very stable for them to risk the flight back to Canada.

My thoughts too.  If they're willing to fly him 10 hours, he must be stable enough, which hopefully is a good sign.

If you guys end up needing to go to Maui instead but are struggling with flights and stuff, PM me.  I have gobs of United miles and might be able to help.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DAVE said:

WTF?  Sorry man. Keep spirits high when you see him.  It matters and makes a difference.  Best of luck to you all.