UP Michigan , Grand Marais prepares for busy snowmobile season

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Im not waiting for perfect conditions. There is nothing wrong with opening and closing trails based on conditions. Let the groomers get out first the first fews days to get snow groomed. Thats all 

So people that make reservations possibly a year in advance and are driving from let's say Pennsylvania have their trip ruined because someone decides conditions aren't optimal....yeah that sounds like a great plan.

27 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Im not waiting for perfect conditions. There is nothing wrong with opening and closing trails based on conditions. Let the groomers get out first the first fews days to get snow groomed. Thats all 

Are you fucking retarded? Half the trails cant be groomed because of water unless sleds go out and pound them down. The clubs beg guys to go bang the trails out. You been told this 1000x

Fucking downstate citiot retard lol....stay in Baldwin or wherever the fuck you lower uiqp slackjaws ride

• Haha 1

This video is from this morning. Snow is starting to stack up in areas. There is less than a foot 10 miles south of this location. They definitely need more snow. Not one club is grooming yet. Just a few panning. Most of the snow up there is lake effect, I hope they get some system snow soon.

8 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

This video is from this morning. Snow is starting to stack up in areas. There is less than a foot 10 miles south of this location. They definitely need more snow. Not one club is grooming yet. Just a few panning. Most of the snow up there is lake effect, I hope they get some system snow soon.

This is the problem. With no snow anywhere else all of the fibs and downstaters flock to the North shore and it's a fib fest. 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Zero system snows in the forecast and a massive warmup next week. It's all gonna be gone like usual. 

Fuck mothernature

I know right? I'm selling and buying a sxs. 

14 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

if you guys think you have it rough try Tug Hill, every Fucker Hibbert wannabe goes up there and fucks thing up

Oof ahh.  Rode there a couple seasons 16-18 years ago.  Saturday afternoon, every main corridor is a shelled out mess.  It’s pass or be passed.  Like you said all Tucker wannabes.  No thanks.  Pittsburgh And even Jackman can be similar and why we get off the beaten path.  Here it’s the long track backpack crowd.

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Rule book says dec 1 ......that's all that matters

Yup.  

32 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Are you fucking retarded? Half the trails cant be groomed because of water unless sleds go out and pound them down. The clubs beg guys to go bang the trails out. You been told this 1000x

Fucking downstate citiot retard lol....stay in Baldwin or wherever the fuck you lower uiqp slackjaws ride

I’ve riding sleds in Michigan since I was 2 with my family before  there was a trail system. I have family that run groomers in Fife lake. They’ve been my cousin that grooms is in his late 50’s and has been riding since he was very young. He’s lived up there his entire life. He complains about people getting out to soon as well. I think he knows more than a big mouth asshole from Indiana that doesn’t even live in Michigan you fucking faggot 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Good thing Dump continues to ignore climate science :lmao: 

Climate has zero to do with weather dipshit. Average temps and snowfall haven’t changed in Michigan in 100 years. Go to johndees website and look at the historical snowfall chart. 

Maybe instead of repeating everything the msm tells you you should do some research on your own. 

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Zero system snows in the forecast and a massive warmup next week. It's all gonna be gone like usual. 

Fuck mothernature

I looked at accuweather I don’t see a massive warmup. Some slightly above freezing temps for highs but the lows are below freezing. Crossing my fingers

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

I know right? I'm selling and buying a sxs. 

Remember we talked about why I keep running my clapped out shit? I was going to call you and see if you wanted to take a quick rip next weekend. No need to call........

50993692-823F-45E1-8A1E-E63200DC1F59.png

57B74066-B308-47DA-9E47-D1287E8DAB41.png

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, jtssrx said:

Climate has zero to do with weather dipshit. Average temps and snowfall haven’t changed in Michigan in 100 years. Go to johndees website and look at the historical snowfall chart. 

Maybe instead of repeating everything the msm tells you you should do some research on your own. 

The difference is it melts now in Dec, Jan, and Feb. so the accusation totals on the ground are less :lmao: must be the flat earth phenomenon eh Einstein :lol: 

in our area we don't mind the sleds going out to beat the trails down a bit before groomers, we get a lot of lake effect snow in our area which needs to be beat down before we can groom it, the biggest challenge for us is the riders that go out before the trails open and get land owners all pissed off, I have already had 3 calls and have had to calm them down to prevent trails being closed for good, our trails open at sundown Dec 18, hope the snow holds off until then

15 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

The difference is it melts now in Dec, Jan, and Feb. so the accusation totals on the ground are less :lmao: must be the flat earth phenomenon eh Einstein :lol: 

I’ve been riding on my own for 20 years some years there’s more snow some years there is less. You clearly do not understand the difference in climate “average temps” and weather patterns.  Having a discussion with you is like talking to a rock. You’re so ignorant your best come back as flat earth or some emoji you never have 1 ounce of factual data to back up any of your claims ever again flat earth and emoji’s are you response

43 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Remember we talked about why I keep running my clapped out shit? I was going to call you and see if you wanted to take a quick rip next weekend. No need to call........

50993692-823F-45E1-8A1E-E63200DC1F59.png

57B74066-B308-47DA-9E47-D1287E8DAB41.png

I'm planning on going up next weekend unless it's super horrible. That will be my last chance before the first of the year. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jtssrx said:

30 years ago by people who road 30 years ago. The 20 somethings who are weekend warriors had yet to find it until last year. 

I don’t know about that.. Mountain sleds, backcountry riding, flat bill hats, and monsters littered across the trails didn’t start last year. 

7 hours ago, Anler said:

I'm planning on going up next weekend unless it's super horrible. That will be my last chance before the first of the year. 

It looks pretty good up there.:lol:You will be fine, if you stay north of the bridge.

17CC1222-B559-4BFA-9BAF-462DF28721DA.jpeg

8B959973-DA1F-4FF3-95DE-BB54115486EF.jpeg

19 hours ago, Anler said:

If there isn't better snow south it's gonna be a shit show this winter too. 

fuck the up.  every time I ha e gone up there in the last 5 yrs I have tralered to my drop spot every morning . fucking shit show on the trail and in the ad to get to  woods 

now with leagal rec pot it will be even more people .

in the 99s and in to mid 2000s you would  it see another sled in the woods all day .you were shocked when you did . 

but that  speaks volumes  to how ez the new shit is to ride .

the main lot was full at rabbit ears today big top lot only a few,trucks