Adjustable Trailer Drop Hitch Ball Mount

I currently have an adjustable steel mount and fixed steel mounts, and I'm tired of handling the rusty and dirty motherfuckers; so have any of you folks had any experience with these aluminum units? 

Looking forward to your feedback, thanks!!

340525jpg-212-shank-rapid-hitch.jpg

3410-rapid-hitch-10inch-drop.jpg

undefined

https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/ball-mount.aspx

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

I currently have an adjustable steel mount and fixed steel mounts, and I'm tired of handling the rusty and dirty motherfuckers; so have any of you folks had any experience with these aluminum units? 

undefined

I have this one.  Its nice but heavy.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Curt/229/45900/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710586359&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=15769068431&CATCI=pla-192605914391&CATARGETID=230006180037475929&cadevice=c&gclid=Cj0KCQiArqPgBRCRARIsAPwlHoUIDNWPKCCNsyJ6s5F6MWlNASx1LO2dZQ96QwKpMax5AbD6IalsF_caAhwgEALw_wcB

Got a construction buddy that swears by this one.   Says its amazing.   Expensive but amazing at smoothing out towing.  

https://www.realtruck.com/shocker-hitch-ball-mount-towing-system/sh-620-250.html?utm_campaign=product_ads&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=1084644&gclid=Cj0KCQiArqPgBRCRARIsAPwlHoWuimU8s8aQ13HPSzH7Kx5wqoW92J_EaWJW3_EHZV5mzI7LkQYFohcaAl3HEALw_wcB

The salt and shit they put on your roads down there will turn that thing into a useless POS in short order.  

Why do you need an adjustable ball?  How many different trailers do you pull?  I pull 5 different trailers on a regular basis.  They all take the same receiver height and ball.  

This is what I was looking to get.  Anyone have one of these?  Folds up and out of the way real nice when not in use.

https://www.amazon.com/TS10048B-Magnum-Receiver-Hitch-Mount/dp/B000S0N2RU/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1544118643&sr=8-13&keywords=towing+hitch+b%26w

Edited by teamgreen02

15 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

undefined

I have the second one in the photos. No complaints, works pissah.

19 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The salt and shit they put on your roads down there will turn that thing into a useless POS in short order.  

Why do you need an adjustable ball?  How many different trailers do you pull?  I pull 5 different trailers on a regular basis.  They all take the same receiver height and ball.  

Smaller boat trailers use the 1 7/8” for some reason

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Smaller boat trailers use the 1 7/8” for some reason

Most use 2" these days.  Both my boat trailers use 2" balls along with one 2 place sled trailer.  Everything else I have uses 2-5/16 balls.  

35 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I have one very similar to the the Curt you have.

31 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

3 trailers all 2" balls, I don't need the adjustable ball, I need the adjustable height. The reason I'm looking aluminum is because I'm tired of handling the rusty steel ones I have, yes I have trailer gloves but inevitably I never have them when I need them :lol:

22 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I have the second one in the photos. No complaints, works pissah.

:thumb:

What size trailer are pulling? And do you folks see a lot of salt?

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What size trailer are pulling? And do you folks see a lot of salt?

Lots of different size trailers, two place snowmobile to 30ft  Boats, it will handle anything you throw at it. I'm in the Northeast, lots of salt, never had an issue. Great hitch for the money.

• Like 1

I have a solid steel hitch from back in the hauling days.  I ovaled out several normal ones until I found this one.  I am not a fan of the adjustable ones, most I’ve seen have alotta free play-more rattles.  It’s heavy and alwYs dirty, but it doesn’t rattle around much and will never wear out.

Vince, I have a similar 1 like you posed but it uses  holes instead of the notches, has 2 stainless fasteners,  1 is a pin, the other a lock, also has a keyed alike same locking pin for the vehicle.. Love it, no corrosion from salt at all. Called Uriah Products, Aluma-Tow model number UT623900.

Edited by XCR1250

Uriah Products Aluma-Tow Aluminum Adjustable, Interchangeable Hitch Mount w/ 3 Balls – 6”Drop
  •  
Click image to open expanded view

Uriah Products Aluma-Tow Aluminum Adjustable, Interchangeable Hitch Mount w/ 3 Balls – 6”Drop

Price: $116.99 & FREE Shipping

In Stock.

Arrives before Christmas.
Get it Tue, Dec 11
Business Seller  Ships from and sold by VMInnovations.

• Made of solid, aircraft quality extruded aluminum alloy aluminum
  • Rated for towing 12, 000 gross weight trailers using the 2 5/16" hitch-ball
  • Comes with 1 7/8", 2" and 2 5/16" completely interchangeable Steel, hard chrome plated hitch-balls
  • Adjustable to a maximum 6" Drop or maximum 6 3/4" rise in 1" increments
  • Comes with (2) keyed alike Locking hitch pins for maximum theft protection
  • 5/8” diameter pin holes
  • Currently not compatible with bulldog coupler styles when using 2-5/16” ball
 See more product details

4 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

This is what I was looking to get.  Anyone have one of these?  Folds up and out of the way real nice when not in use.

https://www.amazon.com/TS10048B-Magnum-Receiver-Hitch-Mount/dp/B000S0N2RU/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1544118643&sr=8-13&keywords=towing+hitch+b%26w

This is the one I have except mine has two different sizes not three. I've had it for 13 years and still using it. The first couple months the pins are snug then they loosen up for easy adjustments.