What a difference a year makes

Anler

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

good luck with your investments :lol: 

I haven’t reached my goal yet, sitting on the sidelines isn’t going to get it done. I choose risk/reward thanks.

:bc: 

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I haven’t reached my goal yet, sitting on the sidelines isn’t going to get it done. I choose risk/reward thanks.

only a fool tries to time the market.  long time before i can retire so still time to take the risk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

less than year and I'll be retired. My agency has already offered me a sweetheart deal on coming back part time. 30 year pension from the State of Wisconsin plus my own personal investments. I have zero debt. I'll hold off a few more years before dipping into social security so I can pick up my ex-wife's SS as well. 

13 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

good luck with your investments :lol: 

I hope you at least have it in some laddered cds.  Even 3 months are 💰 north of 2% right now. :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta

13 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

less than year and I'll be retired. My agency has already offered me a sweetheart deal on coming back part time. 30 year pension from the State of Wisconsin plus my own personal investments. I have zero debt. I'll hold off a few more years before dipping into social security so I can pick up my ex-wife's SS as well. 

So doesn't your pension serve as your fixed income portion of the portfolio?  

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I hope you at least have it in some laddered cds.  Even 3 months are 💰 north of 2% right now. :bc: 

That’s where the bulk is sitting. I’m out of the market until there’s some stability in the message coming out of Washington. It’s simply too chaotic right now. 

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So doesn't your pension serve as your fixed income portion of the portfolio?  

It does, but I’m not drawing from it while I work part time. I can live comfortably on 24 hour work weeks. For one year I can still contribute to the fund. After that I’ll make some decisions. Who knows, the new governor might overturn some of the actions walker put in place.