GM

54 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

All American car companies should. 

yeah then we can all drive British and Italian junk around waiting for the next electrical melt down .

don't you  drive a clapped out minie van with over 200k on her ? good luck pulling close to that on a land rover 

11 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

She's a smooth talker, should be a politician.  

Anybody still think we should have bailed them out?  GM should have gone the way of Lehman Brothers.

GM paid it all back, Ford took more in Government loans.

11 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

She's a smooth talker, should be a politician.  

Anybody still think we should have bailed them out?  GM should have gone the way of Lehman Brothers.

Never once did I think the taxpayer should have bailed them out.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Optics are beyond horrible but there is more here than meets the eye regarding union contracts and what not.   I don't envy her position.   

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

GM paid it all back, Ford took more in Government loans.

The taxpayers picked up the bill for $11.2 billion in loses on the GM deal so they can now lay off US workers and assemble cars with Chinese parts.

Ford took a loan to make investments since GM and Chrysler were being subsidized.  They shouldn't have got anything either.  At least they are paying it all back with interest.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol:

I know, right.  GM and Chrysler got $80 billion in bailouts and cost the tax payer over $10 billion.  Ford took a $5.9 billion loan that they are repaying with interest tied to the US Treasure rate.

4 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I know, right.  GM and Chrysler got $80 billion in bailouts and cost the tax payer over $10 billion.  Ford took a $5.9 billion loan that they are repaying with interest tied to the US Treasure rate.

You'd have to be near braindead not to get it

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Optics are beyond horrible but there is more here than meets the eye regarding union contracts and what not.   I don't envy her position.   

It's business, small or large businesses have to have leaders that make decisions that are not very popular with the workforce, no business can survive by allowing the status to quo go on forever. You understand this, others do not.

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Nor I, however,  a lot of auto suppliers would have been taken down with them.  

Why?Americans will buy so many cars. If Ford is building those cars instead of GM they will still need parts for them.