Cortez trying to break up the party

f7ben

14 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The demographics of D.C.  irrelevant Racer...these guys get it and as usual you don't.

LOL,

Keep going george, I love when you seem to think I don't get it.  Implement the stuff I don't get and see what happens.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, racer254 said:

LOL,

Keep going george, I love when you seem to think I don't get it.  Implement the stuff I don't get and see what happens.

You think that if senators and reps move out of DC the money and lobbyists won’t find them....when is this miracle going to be implemented?

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You think that if senators and reps move out of DC the money and lobbyists won’t find them....when is this miracle going to be implemented?

Oh boy.  Get past the easy simple arguments, then come talk.

49 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Oh boy.  Get past the easy simple arguments, then come talk.

What does this even mean Racer...I get your game as it has played out numerous times. You make some assinine argument and when called on it you make statements like the one above.🤣

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What does this even mean Racer...I get your game as it has played out numerous times. You make some assinine argument and when called on it you make statements like the one above.🤣

Honestly, there is getting to be only a few people on this site that care to discuss topics with understandable and comprehensive posts.  The rest are merely mundane.  Just like the last one....yeah lobbyists can travel, everyone knows that.  It is worth about one post in the discussion when it comes to getting politicians to move away from DC. 

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Honestly, there is getting to be only a few people on this site that care to discuss topics with understandable and comprehensive posts.  The rest are merely mundane.  Just like the last one....yeah lobbyists can travel, everyone knows that.  It is worth about one post in the discussion when it comes to getting politicians to move away from DC. 

By all means explain how the voting demographics of the residents of DC affects the voting of Representatives and Senators. Also it is universally acknowledged that money in politics is the number one issue so please explain how leaving DC will remedy that.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

By all means explain how the voting demographics of the residents of DC affects the voting of Representatives and Senators. Also it is universally acknowledged that money in politics is the number one issue so please explain how leaving DC will remedy that.

Nice try.  The idea was put forth, please explain why it should not be implemented.   Give any reason why Representatives and Senators should be in DC and can't do their job from their respective states offices all the time?    You already had help from benny.  He seems to think that corruption is what this  idea is trying to remedy.  LOL.

Edited by racer254

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Nice try.  The idea was put forth, please explain why it should not be implemented.   Give any reason why Representatives and Senators should be in DC?

Well because not everyone who wants to visit multiple congressional leaders are paid lobbyist.   Not everyone has the money to travel to 10 states to speak on behalf of an issue.   Lots of everyday American's go to DC to push legislation on everything from Jessica's law to 2nd amendment rights and gun control.  Home offices would make that virtually impossible.   

While I think some flexibility in voting away from DC could be done they need to be in DC quite a bit.    

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well because not everyone who wants to visit multiple congressional leaders are paid lobbyist.   Not everyone has the money to travel to 10 states to speak on behalf of an issue.   Lots of everyday American's go to DC to push legislation on everything from Jessica's law to 2nd amendment rights and gun control.  Home offices would make that virtually impossible.   

While I think some flexibility in voting away from DC could be done they need to be in DC quite a bit.    

Exactly.

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Nice try.  The idea was put forth, please explain why it should not be implemented.   Give any reason why Representatives and Senators should be in DC and can't do their job from their respective states offices all the time?

There is also something to be said for groups of legislators being able to meet together behind a closed doors to work on legislation...you can’t beat face to face arm twisting and discussion. 

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There is also something to be said for groups of legislators being able to meet together behind a closed doors to work on legislation...you can’t beat face to face arm twisting and discussion. 

Video conferencing.  Corporations do it all the time.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Then keep in mind , most real deals are hashed out in the evening over dinner and drinks. The house floor is just a dog and pony show.

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

How many VC's do you participate in each week?  

Probably a couple per week and we are not a very big company.

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not the same.   

I fail to see why there is so much opposition to something so simple.

10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Probably a couple per week and we are not a very big company.

I fail to see why there is so much opposition to something so simple.

US govt's from local to state are designed so people can go and see ALL representatives in one place.   Hell they get too many breaks the way it is.  

Don't get me wrong in most cases them doing less is better but I shouldn't have to travel to Michigan and Alaska if I want to speak to their representatives regarding the same issue for example snowmobile access on federal lands.  

Their is some justification for representatives being home more among their constituents but as a member of congress you really don't only serve your state.    

Edited by Highmark

On 12/5/2018 at 9:50 AM, racer254 said:

BINGO.  This is what should be pushed the most.  It would make it much harder for the DC establishment to have so much influence.

22 hours ago, racer254 said:

Take a look at the demographics of DC vs the rest of the country.  It doesn't represent the populace.

You wouldn’t address this comment earlier so how about now...what do the demographics of DC have to do with any of this? 

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

US govt's from local to state are designed so people can go and see ALL representatives in one place.   Hell they get too many breaks the way it is.  

Don't get me wrong in most cases them doing less is better but I shouldn't have to travel to Michigan and Alaska if I want to speak to their representatives regarding the same issue for example snowmobile access on federal lands.  

Their is some justification for representatives being home more among their constituents but as a member of congress you really don't only serve your state.    

Exactly interstate commerce, water issues, road bills....it goes on and on.

8 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

She’s just as dangerous as trump to America. Only from the other end. 

Bullshit....what's dangerous to America is deeply rooted corruption. She's not a part of that team.