Key Afghanistan Taliban commander killed in US air strike

• Platinum Contributing Member

One of the Taliban's most senior commanders has been killed in a US airstrike in Afghanistan.

Mullah Abdul Manan Akhund was the Taliban's "governor" and military chief for the southern Helmand province.

He was killed in the Nawzad district of Helmand on Saturday night, provincial officials said.

The Taliban said his death was a "major loss" but it would not deter them in their efforts to take back control of Afghanistan.

But Afghan interior ministry spokesman Najib Danish told the AFP news agency his death was a major blow to the Taliban and would "lower the moral" of its fighters in southern Afghanistan.

Why are we still in Afghanistan? We are not "at war" with Afghanistan or the Taliban. The Taliban has never attacked us they are merely d fending their Homeland against a foreign invader. If we leave they are not going to come here to get us. So what is the objective?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

Why are we still in Afghanistan? We are not "at war" with Afghanistan or the Taliban. The Taliban has never attacked us they are merely d fending their Homeland against a foreign invader. If we leave they are not going to come here to get us. So what is the objective?

Trump’s war. 

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, Anler said:

Non carbon energy raw materials.

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Trump’s war. 

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm? This is his war, but he isn’t the sole proprietor here. He’s barely shows up as a minority shareholder of that fucking mess... We need to get the hell out. No question about that. Although, let’s not confuse why and how we got to where we are, and that isn’t Trump’s doing. It is his fault if we continue on. Which we will... Ben is right, deep state mess.

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

Trump just said that if you don't fight them there, they will come to America.

You are so lucky to have him as Commander in Chief. 

9 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm? This is his war, but he isn’t the sole proprietor here. He’s barely shows up as a minority shareholder of that fucking mess... We need to get the hell out. No question about that. Although, let’s not confuse why and how we got to where we are, and that isn’t Trump’s doing. It is his fault if we continue on. Which we will... Ben is right, deep state mess.

Several local NG just shipped out last week. Mechanized units. This war is a never ending mess. Trump has it within his power to end it tomorrow. So yes, it’s his. 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Several local NG just shipped out last week. Mechanized units. This war is a never ending mess. Trump has it within his power to end it tomorrow. So yes, it’s his. 

He said he was going to reduce the troops, but he increased them.  It's unlike him to lie to the people, I wonder what's up.

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Whackamole for a billion dollars a month.....

Deep state

It was $2 billion a week a few years ago. Are we trying to enslave the afghanis to mine rare earth minerals like we do in Libya? 

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Why are we taking over Afghanistan? I didn't know we were at war with them. Thought we were there looking for bin laden...

weve been protecting the poppy fields for decades now,, gotta keep the heroin flowing into the US you know.    

1 minute ago, old indy said:

weve been protecting the poppy fields for decades now,, gotta keep the heroin flowing into the US you know.    

CIA slush fund money

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Anler said:

It was $2 billion a week a few years ago. Are we trying to enslave the afghanis to mine rare earth minerals like we do in Libya? 

Preventing China and/or Russia from getting their hands on them.  That’s what we are doing.

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

What’s the odds of any country enslaving such an independent group of people? If China or Russia tried the west would simply funnel weapons into the valley to destabilize the mess. I’m convinced that this war is now more about stupidity and false national pride than resources or profit. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe
  • Thanks 2