Check Out This Barn Find

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You should buy that Jim, it would be a cool sled to hit the local establishments with :bc:

5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

You trying to get Snacks back on the wagon again? :lmao:

🤣🤣

• Haha 1

A couple better pics of the Xtra-12 suspension. I added those extra rear idlers wheels as this suspension is hard on sliders! Once the suspension is setup, and it takes some tinkering, this sled can still get the job done once your shocks get some warmth in them. 

HPIM1034 (Large).JPG

IMG_1233 (Large).JPG

• Like 1

The 93-94 xlt 580's came with xc-100 rear suspension. In 94 they released the limited build xcr600 (I had one,it's still around town) with xc-101 suspension(quick adjust limiter straps is the only diff). The xtra-14 was an extremely limited build , not even sure if they were offered to the public or just dealer demo's.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

The 93-94 xlt 580's came with xc-100 rear suspension. In 94 they released the limited build xcr600 (I had one,it's still around town) with xc-101 suspension(quick adjust limiter straps is the only diff). The xtra-14 was an extremely limited build , not even sure if they were offered to the public or just dealer demo's.  

My buddy was a big fan of those XCR's, I just don't know if he had a 94 or not? I liked them a lot too but went a different direction as I wanted better suspension.

My 93 580 XLT sounded piped. Everyone who heard it thought for sure it was but they quickly changed their mind when I opened the hood. My 95 sounds snotty as well but nothing like my 93 did. The previous owner could have done something to the exhaust, but if he did, he never told me. I loved that sled as well as it was wicked fast and handled great for a sled in its time. I believe it is still around/alive as well somewhere?

xcr.jpg

12 minutes ago, HSR said:

polaris sent complete x-tra 12 suspensions to the dealers to replace the '94 x-tra suspension.

dealers had to send the '94 x-tra suspension back to polaris.

1 hour ago, irv said:

A couple better pics of the Xtra-12 suspension. I added those extra rear idlers wheels as this suspension is hard on sliders! Once the suspension is setup, and it takes some tinkering, this sled can still get the job done once your shocks get some warmth in them. 

HPIM1034 (Large).JPG

IMG_1233 (Large).JPG

Most ran those tracks way too tight. A lot of movement as the suspension cycled thru it travel.

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Can't be yours . dosnt have dog cum mixed in with it

Yours would have NIGGA-CUM mixed into it!!! Rub it in your face, faggot. 

1 hour ago, HSR said:

The "93 had the ITS rear. Basically Polaris removed the linkage rods for additional transfer. Wheelie machines. The Xtra-14 was a pilot build. Vic Moyer got one locally. It was a falling rate suspension. I didn't think it rode very well. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

11 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

About four years ago I found a 95 formula 3 600 with 25 original miles on it. Guy wanted 4000. Regret not buying it 

When I first move back to MN, I rented a place out in the country next to Philip Mickelson.  You should have seen what he stockpiled over the years from his time with Doo.  Holy shit!  When he passed...he left it all to a bunch of retard family members that shoveled off to lucky bidders because they didn't know what he had.  FUCK!  I was asleep at the wheel again!!!!

3 hours ago, irv said:

My buddy was a big fan of those XCR's, I just don't know if he had a 94 or not? I liked them a lot too but went a different direction as I wanted better suspension.

My 93 580 XLT sounded piped. Everyone who heard it thought for sure it was but they quickly changed their mind when I opened the hood. My 95 sounds snotty as well but nothing like my 93 did. The previous owner could have done something to the exhaust, but if he did, he never told me. I loved that sled as well as it was wicked fast and handled great for a sled in its time. I believe it is still around/alive as well somewhere?

xcr.jpg

That's a 94 special exactly the same as mine.

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The "93 had the ITS rear. Basically Polaris removed the linkage rods for additional transfer. Wheelie machines. The Xtra-14 was a pilot build. Vic Moyer got one locally. It was a falling rate suspension. I didn't think it rode very well. 

Damn you're right Greg I forgot about that skid.

2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I got somethin' " SPECIAL " for you, faggot. 

P3030044.JPG

Can we not have 1 sled related thread without you coming in a screwing it up with your BS. Seriously dude,, enough

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

When I first move back to MN, I rented a place out in the country next to Philip Mickelson.  You should have seen what he stockpiled over the years from his time with Doo.  Holy shit!  When he passed...he left it all to a bunch of retard family members that shoveled off to lucky bidders because they didn't know what he had.  FUCK!  I was asleep at the wheel again!!!!

Owned!

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Momos lunch?

3 hours ago, HSR said:

Can we not have 1 sled related thread without you coming in a screwing it up with your BS. Seriously dude,, enough

3 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Owned!

:lol: 

Yeah....I found out after I moved out and after the fact.  :wall:

I met him at a fish fry and we got skunked and stumbled over to his place to check out his collection.  He signed a couple of his Ski Doo books for me.  Talk about stories!  Quite a character.