Check Out This Barn Find

55 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I still own one, which I gifted to my son a few years ago. I purchased it used in 96 for around $6,000 dollars. It only had a 1,000 miles on it. One of the best sleds I ever owned and it still, even by today's standards, gets the job done.

That one is definitely in real nice shape!  

100_1786.jpg

HPIM0999 (Large).JPG

HPIM1002 (Large).JPG

HPIM1027 (Medium).JPG

HPIM1018.JPG

IMG_1228 (Large).JPG

IMG_0505 (Large).JPG

IMG_1319 (Large).JPG

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I thought the special was 15" , no?

No the production special was xtra 12. In 94 there was a limited release xlt with Xtra-14 suspension that used a vector rear single shock if I recall and had like a 48" ski stance or something ridiculous. Rich guy in my town had one, He also bought 1 of the first 25 Blades.

18 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn Irv yours is very minty.:thumbsup:

Thanks Jimmy. :bc:

17 hours ago, DAVE said:

@irv help us oot here mang!!!!

:lol:

Sorry, Dave, had a crazy busy afternoon!

2 hours ago, HSR said:

No the production special was xtra 12. In 94 there was a limited release xlt with Xtra-14 suspension that used a vector rear single shock if I recall and had like a 48" ski stance or something ridiculous. Rich guy in my town had one, He also bought 1 of the first 25 Blades.

Thanks for jumping in/answering, HSR. :bc: I owned a 93 XLT SP, which also came with the Fox shocks, but wasn't an Xtra 12 sled. I sold it to a guy who bugged, bothered, harassed me to no end to sell it to him. I finally did and that's when I purchased my 95 XLT SP. I never knew/heard of the 94 Xtra 14 sled. I assume they didn't sell many of those at all?  I am currently not a big Polaris fan but if they built them like they did back in 95, I wouldn't be thinking of any other sled to ride. This sled, as was my 93, has been trouble free. The only thing I ever did to them was change the belts, but that is only because I thought I should. Speaking of one offs or limited builds, does anyone ever remember seeing the 1988 400 Indy Specials with the Gold tunnel and 2 tone painted hood? I owned one for 2 years before I upgraded to my 93 XLT SP. It was a decent sled, although it wasn't as free from issues as were my XLT's. 

1988400classic.gif

88 400 SP.jpg

• Like 2