Fireball's official old Ford Truck Thread

I've had questions from some members on here about my old Fords and what's going on with them.  So for the Ford Fans here to follow along here we go.

This truck I bought July 2018 from the original owner with just 97,000 miles on it.  Needed some work so I figured it was time to upgrade a few things.  I just picked it up from the alignment shop today so I'm done working on it for the year.  It's a 1994 F-150 in Calypso Green and Dark Tourine. 5.0L 4x4.  

Replaced/Added:  6 shocks, rear add-a-leafs, 2" front leveling kit, 2" front axle drop brackets, tie rods & drag link, steering box, PS pressure & return lines, PS cooler lines, radius arm brackets & bushings, front axle u-joints, rotors, seals, bearings, calipers, pads, CD player, TPS sensor, new tail lights, and all fluids changed.  It's been a lot of work and my first suspension lift.  I've had 2 alignments done in this process.  It's sitting on new 31" Cooper AT3's and I have a set of 33" Dayton Timberline's on offset wheels for it also.  That's it for this year, I'm seriously tired of working on it and I've so gone over the budget :lol: 

IMG_3450.JPG

IMG_3452.JPG

IMG_3453.JPG

IMG_3454.JPG

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

That was one of the best looking body styles ford ever had.

I agree. Ford got that front end right for those 92-96/97's. I had a '96 F250 Supercab LB 4x4 7.3 Powerstroke with a Dana 60 front axle. A buddy of mine pieced it together from a couple accident victims and some spare parts. It was my work/plow truck and daily driver. I put 400k kms on it. Hated it when I had to give it up.

I've been watching for a reasonable deal on a 92-96 F150 2wd shortbox. I'd like to clean one up for a weekend cruiser.

Found this for sale last night and its 15 minutes from me. Tempted to go look but I might come home with it.....lol

image.png.fe28d26eb4fdc8c98d6bb16d42533037.png

My first truck was a '77 F100 just like this but with the split grill obviously, it had twin stacks and dingle ball curtains in the back window. My dad bought it for me for my 17th birthday. I was supposed to pay them back but the thing was such a pig on gas I could never get any money together. after 8 months my mom traded it in on a used '81 Capri.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My 1995 "Old Red" cabin truck got a bunch of repairs over the summer so she could keep going for years to come.

Replaced all of the bushings in the front end, brakes all around, front axle u-joints, manual locking hubs, fresh plugs and wires on the old 300 straight 6, transmission filter and fluid change, new rear fuel tank.

CAM00329.jpg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

We pulled my sons 78 Bronco out of the back yard 2 weeks ago and started pulling it apart. Hoping to have it back on the road by spring.

351m, c6 auto, 61,250 original miles.

009.JPG

Love those Broncos.

23 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

We pulled my sons 78 Bronco out of the back yard 2 weeks ago and started pulling it apart. Hoping to have it back on the road by spring.

351m, c6 auto, 61,250 original miles.

009.JPG

Hey, love that colour combo.

78 Ford F150.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Hey, love that colour combo.

78 Ford F150.jpg

I think you and I have had this conversation before?

That is such a awesome truck! Love it.

My 79 F-150 is still all original and still looks decent. The original paint has some fading and I need to bring it in for some rust repair above the drivers side rear wheel but that's about it.

78 f-150 001.JPG

78 f-150 006.JPG

78 f-150 008.JPG

78 f-150 007.JPG

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

I think you and I have had this conversation before?

That is such a awesome truck! Love it.

My 79 F-150 is still all original and still looks decent. The original paint has some fading and I need to bring it in for some rust repair above the drivers side rear wheel but that's about it.

78 f-150 006.JPG

Ya, we probably have. I want a set of those box rails for mine.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I agree. Ford got that front end right for those 92-96/97's. I had a '96 F250 Supercab LB 4x4 7.3 Powerstroke with a Dana 60 front axle. A buddy of mine pieced it together from a couple accident victims and some spare parts. It was my work/plow truck and daily driver. I put 400k kms on it. Hated it when I had to give it up.

I've been watching for a reasonable deal on a 92-96 F150 2wd shortbox. I'd like to clean one up for a weekend cruiser.

Found this for sale last night and its 15 minutes from me. Tempted to go look but I might come home with it.....lol

image.png.fe28d26eb4fdc8c98d6bb16d42533037.png

My first truck was a '77 F100 just like this but with the split grill obviously, it had twin stacks and dingle ball curtains in the back window. My dad bought it for me for my 17th birthday. I was supposed to pay them back but the thing was such a pig on gas I could never get any money together. after 8 months my mom traded it in on a used '81 Capri.

I also had a 97 f250 4x4 . SOld the thing with 197k on the clock and not a spec of rust.. Should have never sold it.But it was tired.