Tough Guy: The Bob Probert Story

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Probert had to be great for ticket sales. :lmao:

Even without him they still had great tickets sales but yeah it sure was fun to watch him play. 

Went to school with girl who crashed with them, while out partying. Couple years older than me, didn't know her other than who she was.  Came back to school all messed up, shuffling around the halls.   Attitudes were way different back then regarding sports hero's and lawsuits.     

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Went to school with girl who crashed with them, while out partying. Couple years older than me, didn't know her other than who she was.  Came back to school all messed up, shuffling around the halls.   Attitudes were way different back then regarding sports hero's and lawsuits.     

I knew a couple ladies that hung out with the players as well. It was a contest for them who could have a red wing baby first. And I know who won that bet. Let’s just say the kid is a real good hockey player. :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I knew a couple ladies that hung out with the players as well. It was a contest for them who could have a red wing baby first. And I know who won that bet. Let’s just say the kid is a real good hockey player. :lol: 

:lol: 

Yeah, statutory rape, drug use, steroids, assault, were all swept under the table if you were good enough player.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, brother groove said:

Where can I see this, is it on netflix, in the theater? 

:bc: 

Tough Guy: The Bob Probert Story Airing on Super Channel in Canada December 14th! https://www.toughguymovie.com/ FEATURING INTERVIEWS WITH: Bob Probert, Dani Probert, Joe Kocur, Tie Domi, Don Cherry, Jeremy Roenick, Chris Chelios, Stu Grimson, Sheldon Kennedy, Troy Crowder, Tony Twist, Steve Yzerman, Ptr Klima, and Marty McSorely

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhlvideos/tough-guy-the-bob-probert-story/vi-BBQ7YaR?fbclid=IwAR1wrgP0WrtGMTKBzTQo1JuNqrviV-PsFRjucs-fdC_d6lFAvydeGjOm6Vk

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

So Bob probert was the rock star of hockey? Fuck an A! :bc:

Him and Joey Kocur were the two best fighters at that time, and the wings had them both. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Him and Joey Kocur were the two best fighters at that time, and the wings had them both. 

Oh yeah everybody knew Probert. And I remember him getting in trouble with coke. No biggie. Makes the sport more interesting! :lol: 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Just watched this on Amazon Prime video.  It was very good  

I haven't watched it yet but plan to.

Many good vids of fights the 2 of them got into over the years. Wendel Clark and Joey Kocur, to my knowledge, never fought due to the fact they were cousins. Imo, pound for pound, that would have been one hell of a tilt. 

My one time boss at work, who played for the Sioux St Marie Greyhounds, (John Goodwin) said Joey had such a baby face on him that it was hard to imagine he was tough. He said he seen a few over the years challenge him but they learned pretty quickly you can't judge a book by its cover. :$

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The most remembered fight was the first Domi vs Probert, but Probert had some good one's vs Domi when he was skating for the Hawks.

Domi retired with all his marbles intact, hard to argue that he didn't end up the ultimate winner.

The thing is Probert started without all his marbles. He was always a bit off. Add the money, fame, alcohol and drugs and it went downhill from there.

58 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The most remembered fight was the first Domi vs Probert, but Probert had some good one's vs Domi when he was skating for the Hawks.

Domi retired with all his marbles intact, hard to argue that he didn't end up the ultimate winner.

:lmao: no it wasn't  The only reason why Domi survived that was because Probert stepped on a stick and lost his balance. 

Probert Owend Domi right after that, in the same game

• Like 1