Tough Guy: The Bob Probert Story

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, irv said:

In that doc, Ice Guardians, some of the enforcers said they had to work out daily, year round, to stay in shape in order to retain their jobs. One of the enforcers said 6-8 hour days of nothing but workouts. 

I forget who it was on here a few years ago, but someone said hockey players weren't that tough off the ice:lol:Even if one of the smaller ones was somehow getting beat by some street goon, he would simply outlast him on endurance alone. 

Haha...good point!

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hockey players are the most talented athletes in the world. It’s no contest

I agree....their combination of skating, endurance, hand eye coordination and pain tolerance is hard to match. 

1 hour ago, irv said:

I never missed a home game when Lindros played for the Oshawa Generals. One particular game at the old Civic Auditorium, my bud and I were allowed to stand behind the net/boards where they Zamboni came on the ice. North Bay had a player in Darian Hatcher, who was assigned to watch/cover Eric. While my bud and I were standing there, the 2 of them got into a scrum/tussle right in front of us and I remember looking up about as high as my neck would allow watching these 2 to go at. The size of them, especially on skates, is something I will never forget.

Darien Hatcher: 6.5 feet tall bare footed.  Eric Lindros: 6.4 feet tall bare footed.  Add in the height of skate blades at 2/12-3/12 inches plus their helmet, and these guys were giants out there. 

Chara is almost 7' tall with his gear on!! :yikes:

Derian is a well know local and had quite a career in the NHL.   His older brother Kevin also played in the NHL and had an impressive career too. Kevin is a big guy also at 6'4" 232

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

When I was 12 my old man took me to a game right after Joe Louis opened and we were walking  down a hall to the Olympia Club or something and this guy walked by...holy hell he looked like a friggin giant! :lol:

41D61B8E-DBDD-45FC-9C63-3171FC1591DF.jpeg.358f1931922fc82d015938817eb61a37.jpeg

And little Francy mocks me when I said about concussions from head hitting ice ... smh :read:

5 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

And little Francy mocks me when I said about concussions from head hitting ice ... smh :read:

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

you realize that pic is 50 years old right? :lol: 

:lmao:

I saw him in Detroit in 79 at the end of his career.