Another low snow winter

Just now, smokin george said:

We have a rail trail behind our house and when the conditions are good we leave from home. We trailer a couple times a season

Ya thats convenient....i live near the trail as well...but living rural we can ride anywhere....we just dont get snow anymore.

56 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I drive 4+ and it does suck. Until you get a waft of burnt 2 stroke, and you’re braaaaping through the woods grinning from ear to ear. Unfortunately the really good paying jobs and good schools aren’t in the same zip code as the good trails in the Midwest. :dunno: 

I'm going to see hwo this year is without that.  for the last 5 years i've taken the 3.5 hour drive 10-12 fridays over the winter.  We have the same issue,  very few good jobs where the best riding is.  i can ride 20 minutes from my house but to be honest just not worth it for the types of trails and the 6-8 week season we have down here.  

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I'm going to see hwo this year is without that.  for the last 5 years i've taken the 3.5 hour drive 10-12 fridays over the winter.  We have the same issue,  very few good jobs where the best riding is.  i can ride 20 minutes from my house but to be honest just not worth it for the types of trails and the 6-8 week season we have down here.  

You should hang onto one of those sleds. Never know when you’ll get the urge to ride. 

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

You should hang onto one of those sleds. Never know when you’ll get the urge to ride. 

I don't like having money into something that i am not using,  if i don;t use it i sell it.   I might go into the spring with absolutely no toys in the arsenal anymore as I am dumping my bike as well.  Far cry from the days i had a lake house,  2 boats,  2 jet skis, 3 sleds

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I don't like having money into something that i am not using,  if i don;t use it i sell it.   I might go into the spring with absolutely no toys in the arsenal anymore as I am dumping my bike as well.  Far cry from the days i had a lake house,  2 boats,  2 jet skis, 3 sleds

Im the same way...can always buy it again.

:bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I have a trail across the street from my driveway. Never been on it on a sled. Its a goatpath at best.That may be riding a snowmobile thru the woods , but its not snowmobiling.

On 11/27/2018 at 11:50 AM, XCR1250 said:

Like this buggy?

IMG_0005.JPG

There are a few of them on the lake back home.  One house always has 2 sitting on the ice out front.  $35,000+ a pop for the cheap ones, I think.  

6 hours ago, snoughnut said:

x's 2 and warm temps and with that said, prepare for severe backlash :lmao:

Can't snowmobile or shovel for most of the winter.  Might as well sit in the living room swearing at the snow and snowplow.  

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

LPO710.jpg

52 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

There are a few of them on the lake back home.  One house always has 2 sitting on the ice out front.  $35,000+ a pop for the cheap ones, I think.  

Can't snowmobile or shovel for most of the winter.  Might as well sit in the living room swearing at the snow and snowplow.  

Better off tracking Ranger Crew.