GM to close Oshawa Operations.

irv

Considerations for Businesses

• Carbon pricing impacts businesses primarily through direct increases in fuel prices. The impact on any individual business will depend on how emissions intensive the business is, and the ability of the business to pass the cost of carbon pricing through to customers.
  • Businesses in Canada have expressed preferences for both cap and trade and a carbon levy pricing system such as the federal backstop, and there does not appear to be a consensus as to which method of carbon pricing is preferred.[9]
  • Both the cancelled cap and trade program and the federal backstop offer transitional support to businesses in emission intensive and trade exposed industries. The cancelled cap and trade program offered free emission allowances to eligible participants that would have declined over time with the emissions cap. The federal backstop will allow large industrial emitters to only pay the carbon levy on emissions above a set limit (the output-based standards). The output-based standards are still under development. However, the federal government has indicated that the stringency of the standards will increase over time.     

More winning for Ontario Businesses 

When Bill 4, the Cap and Trade Cancellation Act, 2018, was introduced in July 2018, the price of carbon in Ontario was approximately $18.7/tonne.[36] By 2022, the FAO estimates that the price of carbon would have risen to approximately $23.9/tonne.[37]

Unlike the cap and trade program, the federal backstop places an explicit price on carbon emissions. Natural gas distributors and fuel suppliers will no longer have the obligation to acquire emissions allowances. Instead, the carbon levy will be applied directly to the cost of fuels at the producer/distributor level and passed through to the end consumer. The price will align with the federal benchmark that will begin at $20/tonne in 2019 and will rise to $50/tonne in 2022.

figure-4-1.png

I have no idea why Doug gave Ontario to the FEDS :dunno:  what a tool douche

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:51 PM, 1trailmaker said:

wow this is going to be a long 4 years listening to you - So working on the sale of a dead property and having a auto type buying in the future shouldn't be brought up?  Sorry 02sled lame

I waited for his response, he gave it with a white flag - why are you so upset  :dunno:   

How many times was it you've been dropped on your head? Give that deluded head of yours a shake. What auto manufacturer is going to buy the very old building and try to retrofit it? Honda... nope they are in Alliston, Ford... nope they are in Oakville, Chrysler... nope... who do you think would want to buy it and on top of that GM doesn't have any current plans to sell it.

Just think of the environmental clean up that would have to happen. Why have the port lands in Toronto been empty for so long? Oh that's right... the cost of environmental cleanup.

Quit trying to deflect and switch from your BS. You said you expected Doug to come with a plan to save the operations and you believed there was lots he could do but refused to say what could be done since really you knew there is nothing the province can do to change the GLOBAL restructure plans.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:56 PM, 1trailmaker said:

I said you didn't notice it - try to keep up.

The amounts the government quoted (200+ dollars) is an average of what an average person  my spend on gasoline to hydro ect.   

Its not the same for everyone.  

But yes its coming in this form now thanks to Doug.

Now back to Cap and Trade which IS NOT TRUDEAU'S plan was far more cost effective for the consumer.  STOP CONFUSING THE TWO we had the system for 2 years what do you think Doug cancels things and magically you have more money?  no that isn't what happened.

I guess that's another memo from Fail that the financial experts didn't get. After all he is such a financial wizard.... what's 12 + 17 Fail... challenging when you run out of toes and fingers isn't it.

23 hours ago, Sksman said:

Your words as taken from your quote above were as follows:

The new carbon tax Doug is going to get will be a direct tax unlike Cap n trade where it could cost you nothing.  

So Fail, I ask you again, how could Cap and Trade cost you nothing?

Lets here your bullshit again.  Or admit you were wrong again.

Don't hold your breathe waiting

23 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

The cancellation of the cap-and-trade system will cost $3 billion in lost revenue over the next four fiscal years, Ontario’s fiscal watchdog said Tuesday,

See even Fail said it. Cap & Trade would cost business $3B over the next four years. That's $3B that would be passed on to consumers in higher costs. Too bad he doesn't understand that. Actually sad really.

5 hours ago, 02sled said:

deflect and switch from your BS. You said you expected Doug to come with a plan to save the operations and you believed there was lots he could do but refused to say what could be done since really you knew there is nothing the province can do to change the GLOBAL restructure plans.

When did I say this?  I never thought Doug would have any plan :dunno:  I wanted to hear his response which is changing back in the past days to blaming Trudeau ( as expected)

6 hours ago, 02sled said:

See even Fail said it. Cap & Trade would cost business $3B over the next four years. That's $3B that would be passed on to consumers in higher costs. Too bad he doesn't understand that. Actually sad really.

Its going to cost much more now- what don't you get about that?  MORE WILL PAY NOW 

Edited by 1trailmaker

19 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Its going to cost much more now- what don't you get about that?  MORE WILL PAY NOW 

Your stupidity continues. EVERYONE ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE was paying under Cap & Trade. EVERYTHING WE PURCHASE WOULD GROCERIES, CLOTHING, FUEL, EVERYTHING would see increased costs passed on to the customer. Virtually everything gets to the retailer by truck... that's right they have increased operating costs. You really don't think before you let those fingers key things in do you?

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

Your stupidity continues. EVERYONE ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE was paying under Cap & Trade. EVERYTHING WE PURCHASE WOULD GROCERIES, CLOTHING, FUEL, EVERYTHING would see increased costs passed on to the customer. Virtually everything gets to the retailer by truck... that's right they have increased operating costs. You really don't think before you let those fingers key things in do you?

so you are saying PRICES HAVE DROPPED?  please show me where :dunno: 

You didn't notice it NOW YOU WILL thanks DOUG 

Please state all these increased Prices that have gone down - I will wait for your post

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so you are saying PRICES HAVE DROPPED?  please show me where :dunno: 

You didn't notice it NOW YOU WILL thanks DOUG 

Please state all these increased Prices that have gone down - I will wait for your post

Your stupidity continues to be endless. Don't forget it takes time for everything to work it's way through a system. Cap & trade was just cancelled.

On a side note... I was in Pizza Hut yesterday. They have a notice stuck on the counter by the register that prices increased effective Jan 2018 due to the increase in minimum wage. Another one where they didn't get your memo. Tim's has increased the price of coffee again. They didn't get your memo either.

02sled as it stands today Doug will be giving money to businesses YOUR MONEY to reduce emmisions .......

So instead of credits buying and selling, they just now ask for money from the tAX PAYER -  savings?  no

so you are 100% for this?  its not a tax but rather a gift of cash from Doug. :dunno:  

A major plank of the new plan is the Ontario Carbon Trust, to which the Ontario government will commit some $400 million over four years, to work with the private sector on developing clean technologies to reduce emissions.

so much for being against carbon and climate :lol: 

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Your stupidity continues to be endless. Don't forget it takes time for everything to work it's way through a system. Cap & trade was just cancelled.

On a side note... I was in Pizza Hut yesterday. They have a notice stuck on the counter by the register that prices increased effective Jan 2018 due to the increase in minimum wage. Another one where they didn't get your memo. Tim's has increased the price of coffee again. They didn't get your memo either.

so you can't afford to pay and extra 50 cents a pizza STAY HOME.  Myself better pay is good for the eocnomy and I can afford to pay 50 cents more for a meal.  

You are about yourself it seems.  STAY HOME

was there a price drop from the cancelling of cap and trade?  nope nor a sign saying increased because of.   Gullible as it gets.

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

02sled as it stands today Doug will be giving money to businesses YOUR MONEY to reduce emmisions .......

So instead of credits buying and selling, they just now ask for money from the tAX PAYER -  savings?  no

so you are 100% for this?  its not a tax but rather a gift of cash from Doug. :dunno:  

A major plank of the new plan is the Ontario Carbon Trust, to which the Ontario government will commit some $400 million over four years, to work with the private sector on developing clean technologies to reduce emissions.

Increasing costs to businesses just gets passed onto consumers with everyones markups added.  

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Increasing costs to businesses just gets passed onto consumers with everyones markups added.  

and? 

I guess added debt now means nothing :lol: sorry you are still paying Doug lied to you it seems.   

NO TAX I guess is the same as Millions in hand outs of TAX MONEY :dunno: 

not surprised at all.  Go Doug

On 11/26/2018 at 10:14 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

What do you think GM's obligation to its workers should be?  Do you own any GM stock that has done fuck all to its new investors after the bailout over a 10 year period?  Nevermind the ones who were cleaned out before the bailout?  I'm sure the answer is no, but those  folks are the drivers here.

Its called a "Soft Closing". Most employees have their 30+ years and entitled to full pension. Plant closing contract language is very good for the employees. When the Windsor Transmission Plant closed, most were eligible to retire just like Oshawa today. They also got $70,000 to $80,000 for trades along with a $25,000 new car voucher. (This was 10 years ago). Some people that had 28 or 29 years seniority got to take a layoff till they got their 30 years then retire. Some that didn't have seniority to retire did a pref hire to London and Oshawa. The retirement package will be offered to St. Kitts and CAMI and if they retire that leaves room for the pref hires to go there. I will bet that there were no employees retired from Oshawa for years waiting the the plant closing to come and get a better deal. That is why some people have 30-34-37 years seniority. I bet CAMI people are waiting to retire too to get the Golden Handshake. See, GM does take care of the employees much better than all the feeder plant people who is what we and the government should be worrying about. So in the end its a Golden Parachute for most of the employees just like what happened in St. Therese when it closed and the Truck Plant. The media and the Union make it sound like they are just sent out to the street with nothing. The biggest worry with the union is the loss of 2,500 monthly union dues which is their only source of income. As GM looses market share which it has been doing since the removal of the tariffs in foreign cars back in the Regan days and the loss of the Auto Pact. GM is making tons of money right now but can't continue to make and build vehicles that won't sell just to keep people working. St. Kitts and CAMI are safe till the next contract and after that don't be surprised if they might get one more then gone. Its just a fact. We could have had UAW support if Bob White didn't pull out in 1987. To the UAW, the CAW is outsourcing just like Mexico.

2 hours ago, Algonquin Rider said:

Its called a "Soft Closing". Most employees have their 30+ years and entitled to full pension. Plant closing contract language is very good for the employees. When the Windsor Transmission Plant closed, most were eligible to retire just like Oshawa today. They also got $70,000 to $80,000 for trades along with a $25,000 new car voucher. (This was 10 years ago). Some people that had 28 or 29 years seniority got to take a layoff till they got their 30 years then retire. Some that didn't have seniority to retire did a pref hire to London and Oshawa. The retirement package will be offered to St. Kitts and CAMI and if they retire that leaves room for the pref hires to go there. I will bet that there were no employees retired from Oshawa for years waiting the the plant closing to come and get a better deal. That is why some people have 30-34-37 years seniority. I bet CAMI people are waiting to retire too to get the Golden Handshake. See, GM does take care of the employees much better than all the feeder plant people who is what we and the government should be worrying about. So in the end its a Golden Parachute for most of the employees just like what happened in St. Therese when it closed and the Truck Plant. The media and the Union make it sound like they are just sent out to the street with nothing. The biggest worry with the union is the loss of 2,500 monthly union dues which is their only source of income. As GM looses market share which it has been doing since the removal of the tariffs in foreign cars back in the Regan days and the loss of the Auto Pact. GM is making tons of money right now but can't continue to make and build vehicles that won't sell just to keep people working. St. Kitts and CAMI are safe till the next contract and after that don't be surprised if they might get one more then gone. Its just a fact. We could have had UAW support if Bob White didn't pull out in 1987. To the UAW, the CAW is outsourcing just like Mexico.

One thing is for certain, there won't be another GM bailout.

20 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

and? 

I guess added debt now means nothing :lol: sorry you are still paying Doug lied to you it seems.   

Doug is MOGA.  Go Doug.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, 1trailmaker said:

$400 M is a far cry from the $B's Cap & Trade was costing business.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:56 PM, 1trailmaker said:

so you can't afford to pay and extra 50 cents a pizza STAY HOME.  Myself better pay is good for the eocnomy and I can afford to pay 50 cents more for a meal.  

You are about yourself it seems.  STAY HOME

was there a price drop from the cancelling of cap and trade?  nope nor a sign saying increased because of.   Gullible as it gets.

BS hypocrite says what? You're the one that pays the backyard unlicensed mechanic to save paying the licensed mechanic working for the legitimate business.... Stupid as they come. You spout nothing but BS day in day out.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:04 PM, 1trailmaker said:

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:04 PM, 1trailmaker said:

and? 

Fail... do you ever think at all before you make statements. AC mentions increased costs for business being passed on to consumers and your comeback is added debt means nothing. Really... get yourself checked. Your thought processes are really bizarre.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, Algonquin Rider said:

Shhh! Fail will never believe it. I've seen situations where people who were 53 or within 6 months of their 53rd birthday sent home. They collectied their salary until they were 55 and able to collect their pensions. The smiles on their faces were undeniably huge. Some would go get another job and essentially double their income. Others just retired earlier than expected.

47 minutes ago, 02sled said:

BS hypocrite says what? You're the one that pays the backyard unlicensed mechanic to save paying the licensed mechanic working for the legitimate business.... Stupid as they come. You spout nothing but BS day in day out.

Why do you keep sayng this?  He is a LICENSED MECHANIC what the fuck is wrong with you :dunno:  

He runs a business out of his garage - you have a problem with that :dunno:  

16 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Why do you keep sayng this?  He is a LICENSED MECHANIC what the fuck is wrong with you :dunno:  

He runs a business out of his garage - you have a problem with that :dunno:  

I bet his neighbors do.:lol: