Lower cost Navigation options

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, DAVE said:

If i rode there all the time nfp....you act like no one else has ever sledded....jesus....get over yourself.

:lol2:

I hadnt ridden Ontario trails or Quebec in a few yrs until last yr....and not once did i wish i had a gps.

Not  to mention he keeps bragging up how well he is doing but won't part with the 900 bucks to buy what he knows works well.

Come on Woolie...a legendary in your own mind snowmachiner deserves nothing but the best!!!! 🤑🤑

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, old indy said:

A LOT of trails change from year to year and its pretty easy to get turned around after blasting trails so fast you cant or dont read the little blurs that go by.....   

This . They keep changing shit around . Just when you think you have it down the trail doesn't exist anymore  :bc:

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not  to mention he keeps bragging up how well he is doing but won't part with the 900 bucks to buy what he knows works well. 🤑

It just goes on and on....

:lol:

3 hours ago, DAVE said:

If i rode there all the time nfp....you act like no one else has ever sledded....jesus....get over yourself.

:lol2:

I hadnt ridden Ontario trails or Quebec in a few yrs until last yr....and not once did i wish i had a gps.

Get over myself?  I was going to just suggest that you do that.  I asked for suggestions, quit being a dick head.

3 hours ago, favoritos said:

What do you want for motor data?

I have been using one for awhile.  There is a lot of data buried in the unit.

I also have a couple of Garmin units (60csx, Montana 650t) with bar mounts.  I usually start out on new sleds with stock gauges and use the Garmin units to compare speed accuracy.  I have been switching over to the NS1 pretty quickly after stock gauge verification.  I like the option of looking at older engine data on the NS1 setup.  I will say that it can still be improved.  I have not found a way to export the data to a spreadsheet type format.  You also have to click on the data to see top speed and RPM vs. having it locked onto the gauge.

I don’t need any motor data, standard gauge is fine for that, just looking for a decent size screen and all the trail maps.  I had 60csx for a while, looking for something bigger.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not  to mention he keeps bragging up how well he is doing but won't part with the 900 bucks to buy what he knows works well.

Come on Woolie...a legendary in your own mind snowmachiner deserves nothing but the best!!!! 🤑🤑

. :lol: let it flow guy!

2 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Not here :bc:

009.JPG

I think that was a 425 mile day and nav was needed for sure that day, that’s more than Smales put on in the past 5 seasons. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Let's drop Dave in the Allagash. Shouldn't be a problem.

I’d like to see that too :lol:  

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

So I don't ride a lot....WGAF other than you? 🤔

Mark doesn't much either for the big of a game he talks 2000 miles a year I did that in the freaking week last year

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Let's drop you in abitibi Canyon shouldn't be a problem

Pfffttt....everything the ECDL does  is harder, better, faster, more intense....you name it! 

Even the way they treat riding buddies is better....oh wait....never mind.😜

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Mark doesn't much either for the big of a game he talks 2000 miles a year I did that in the freaking week last year

Maybe but is was nowhere as badass and technical.😂😂

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Get over myself?  I was going to just suggest that you do that.  I asked for suggestions, quit being a dick head.

I don’t need any motor data, standard gauge is fine for that, just looking for a decent size screen and all the trail maps.  I had 60csx for a while, looking for something bigger.

. :lol: let it flow guy!

I think that was a 425 mile day and nav was needed for sure that day, that’s more than Smales put on in the past 5 seasons. :lol: 

Me too :lol:  

Yeah , never in a million years would I ever attempted that crossing to the lakehouse at night without a gps . We'd still be out there somewhere  :bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah , never in a million years would I ever attempted that crossing to the lakehouse at night without a gps . We'd still be out there somewhere  :bc:

You ride in the lower prairies here it's like being on a lake at night...there is absolutely nothing anywhere and pretty much zero trails

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

takes me well north of 3 yrs close to 4  to put that on my mountain sleds 

You can't compare Mountain riding to trail riding when it comes to the amount of miles you put on in a season