Turkey Day (White man Imperialism day)

The hate this week is palpable.  We can take solace in knowing TDS has reached the next level(s). Man!  I’m gonna be pissed if it turns out to be a non-terminal mental illness!!!!!!  Gonna have to be a “manual process” I guess.

Meh......

MERRY THINKSGIVING PILGRIMS!!!!  I fucking love this holiday.  Gonna do serious food work tomorrow then racing all weekend!!!!!!!! Followed by leftovers for days!  Actually doing two turkeys this year!!!!  Mmmmmm........  Joey Chestnut is my bitch!!!!!!    :lol:

• Like 1

Three years ago we were all sitting around dreading the families & their misery .  So we said screw it , let’s not go   Now, we all go down town and spend it with strangers in parking lot.   Really gives the fun killers something to grouse about.  :lol:

• Like 1

Heading to my sisters house in Plymouth for turkey on thursday, then up north for the weekend.

Also have a funeral on Friday. My uncle passed this week, 98 fricken years old.😕

We were planning on smoking a 12lb turkey in the Kettle until we saw the forecast. With highs is the single digits and windchill's in the -15 to -20 range I don't think I would be able to regulate the heat to cook it right. It's going in the oven instead :sad: 

Just in case any is interested :ashamed:

In a tradition for this time of year right up there with turkey, stuffing and the Detroit Lions playing, ABC will air the nostalgia-inducing "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" from Charles Schulz at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 21. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Anyone get today & tomorrow off?

Leaving town? 

Just noticing the miserable/ angry guys on the  board get worse the closer you get to the holidays.   :mc:

You much be a bootlicker or a fascist!!!  Kill the cops!!   USA worst country in the world!!!!christianity is an opiate of the masses!!  Fake guy in the sky!!!  Jews are bad!! 

you are correct about the miserable/angry types.  There are several that pollute this place.

Taking tomorrow off have a lucrative appointment Friday am, then enjoying some r&r with the family.  oh yeah, happy thanksgiving!!  Be thankful of your blessings folks. :bc: 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ckf said:

We were planning on smoking a 12lb turkey in the Kettle until we saw the forecast. With highs is the single digits and windchill's in the -15 to -20 range I don't think I would be able to regulate the heat to cook it right. It's going in the oven instead :sad: 

Going to be cold here too.................   some cold tailgating.

21 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You much be a bootlicker or a fascist!!!  Kill the cops!!   USA worst country in the world!!!!christianity is an opiate of the masses!!  Fake guy in the sky!!!  Jews are bad!! 

you are correct about the miserable/angry types.  There are several that pollute this place.

Taking tomorrow off have a lucrative appointment Friday am, then enjoying some r&r with the family.  oh yeah, happy thanksgiving!!  Be thankful of your blessings folks. :bc: 

My Ex sisterlaw was a miserable bitch. Come holidays ,she went full out exorcist.   She could suck the happy out of a room before she even got her coat off. No patience for that bullshit anymore.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Been on vacation since last Thursday working on the kitchen. I'll spend the day with extended family tomorrow eating turkey, watching the Lions lose, shooting guns and drinking whiskey  :usflag:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Been on vacation since last Thursday working on the kitchen. I'll spend the day with extended family tomorrow eating turkey, watching the Lions lose, shooting guns and drinking whiskey  :usflag:

Fucking A! :saluting:

My personal favorite holiday. No silly elves and gifts, no scary costumes, no fucking egg laying rabbits! 

Fire off some rounds, eat until you're about to pass out, drink until you can't feel feelings, take a nap and repeat! Fuck yeah!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Its actualy a busier bar night then even new yrs eve.

👍busiest bar night of year.  Everyone goes out to eat or get pizza. 

No cooking night.