Can you snowmobile from home?

I've always been fortunate to be able to ride from home. When we lived in NH I did have to wait for the lake to freeze to access the trails. Here in VT I have access before the lakes freeze, but I can miss a bunch of crappy trails once the lakes freeze up. 

Can you ride from home or do you need to trailer to ride?

I have to go about 100 yards on the side of a town road that's open to snowmobiles to get to the trail that leads to the lake. If the lakes aren't frozen yet then I have to ride the edge of the road for about 3/4 of a mile to get to the trail.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Right across my front yard and down about 500' of my own access trail and I'm on NH corridor 5. Turn left and its 2 miles to town/gas. Turn right and it's into some of the best trails in New England. 

I could ride out of the house like the neighbor does. It's just a short run through the local high school and public school, but I don't want to damage our garage floor with the studs and carbides. I ride out of our shop on the other side of town, just a few hundred meters to the trail. Plus the sleds thawed off and I can clean it more easily. 

On 9/20/2016 at 10:57 PM, Mileage Psycho said:

I have to trailer to get to any type of snowmobile trail, and I have to ride illegally to get to legal ditch riding.

Same here 

But there are lots of country roads, fields and golf courses out be me. Plenty of riding if there's good snow