the darling of the left

Pete

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Don't remember if it was junior or senior year, but our social studies class was taught by the teacher's union president and the entire semester was nothing but how great unions are.  

i had a teacher whose class i failed because i could not stand his politics so i refused to play his games and do the work,  almost 30 years later he was still teaching his fucked up version of history and dragging my sons class to clinton for president HQ.  

When I was in school there wasn’t a big political bias, like there is today.  People voted every couple years and that was about it . Win or lose you went on with your life. 

Had a couple of women teachers that were  together.  I don’t think even other teachers knew they were a couple  until years after they retired. A lot of things just weren’t talked about. 

30 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i had a teacher whose class i failed because i could not stand his politics so i refused to play his games and do the work,  almost 30 years later he was still teaching his fucked up version of history and dragging my sons class to clinton for president HQ.  

At my high school, the only social studies teacher I liked was the one was not tied in tightly to the union president.  My econ teacher was the same way.  Taught very pro-union and the only acceptable sources for papers were alternet.net and some other sight similar.  

46 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

My whole time in school, all the way thru grade 12 I never had a teacher who inferred any political bias whatsoever. East coast is like a liberal shit hole country. :bigfinger:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

My whole time in school, all the way thru grade 12 I never had a teacher who inferred any political bias whatsoever. East coast is like a liberal shit hole country. :bigfinger:

You were lucky.....I still SMH thinking about my 10th grade English teacher was a hard core liberal. 

1 minute ago, T1R9sledder said:

You were lucky.....I still SMH thinking about my 10th grade English teacher was a hard core liberal. 

I can only remember one time where an election or politics was brought into the classroom and they had 2 kids (one republican and one democrat) debate in class. But I cannot ever remember a teacher speaking about it or being biased about it. However I really didnt give a fuck about politics back then. All I thought about was getting laid and getting loaded. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

I can only remember one time where an election or politics was brought into the classroom and they had 2 kids (one republican and one democrat) debate in class. But I cannot ever remember a teacher speaking about it or being biased about it. However I really didnt give a fuck about politics back then. All I thought about was getting laid and getting loaded. :dunno:

Ain't that the truth....:lol::bc:

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

My econ teacher berated a classmate in front of the whole class because her parents were vocal against the referendum that was voted down that year.  Not just a sentence or two, like 5 minutes worth and she just had to sit there and take it.  

Edited by racinfarmer

Best class i ever had was current Events .  

First thing in morning. Me and buddy waked and baked on our way to class.  Brought in our coffees. Even the young teacher who taught it was buzzed.   We spent the first half of class reading paper.  Second half debating the stories.  Never picked up a pencil.  Solid A .  Even if I was going to skip, I would pop in for my CE  class. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Best class i ever had was current Events .  

First thing in morning. Me and buddy waked and baked on our way to class.  Brought in our coffees. Even the young teacher who taught it was buzzed.   We spent the first half of class reading paper.  Second half debating the stories.  Never picked up a pencil.  Solid A .  Even if I was going to skip, I would pop in for my CE  class. 

That was my 10th and 11th History class. 1st class each day. Teacher read the paper , then a debate. Contribute to the debate it was an a. Just sit there and don't disrupt it , it was a b.

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

My econ teacher berated a classmate in front of the whole class because her parents were vocal against the referendum that was voted down that year.  Not just a sentence or two, like 5 minutes worth and she just had to sit there and take it.  

Yeah well that's bullshit. I know if a teacher lectured me about some shit my parents did my dad would be throwing that back like a mofo.