Does Bernie Sanders want to be president?

ckf

Does Bernie Sanders want to be president?

By  | 

MONTPELIER, Vt. (WCAX) Now that the midterm elections are past, the next presidential campaign is beginning to take shape. And one big question is whether Bernie Sanders will run again.

berniesanders15.jpg
Sen. Bernie Sanders

Our Neal Goswami spoke with the senator about that this week.

Reporter Neal Goswami: Do you want to be president?
Sen. Bernie Sanders/I-Vermont: (laughs) Being president is an enormous responsibility. I think everyone understands that. I'll tell you what I do want very much. I think the current president-- I just have to say it-- is a pathological liar. I think he has strong authoritarian tendencies and he does not respect democracy. When you have a president who considers mainstream media to be an enemy of the people, this is a pretty dangerous moment. So if you're asking me what is most important to me, it's that Donald Trump doesn't get elected.
Neal Goswami: So there's a difference between feeling a calling and answering a call that people put out there and there's wanting to be president-- do you feel one or the other?
Sen. Bernie Sanders: Well, I did run for president. I think there's a historical record for that, so that may tell you something. Ok. Thank you.

Sanders says he doesn't have a timeline for making a decision. He says he will be talking to people around the country to see if they think he would be a strong candidate.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sorry Bernie but you had your chance and then after getting fucked by Hillary and The DNC you sold out.....go lay down.

X2.....and he can take his defense of the media in this country and shove it up his ass. I dont want their white house credentials removed.....I want their throats slit

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

Sanders is not & won't be President because  his party doesn't want him.  This interview is all  you need to know about his integrity .  Where was the media, that he so vehemently defends, when he needed defending?  Neck deep in Snooch.   

Sen. soldoutsanders. You had the greater good of the people behind you at a point in time  , YOU  sold yourself , AND  the people that were behind you cause , to a corrupt political machine you railed about . Enjoy  your future , you are part and parcel of the political problem.