Learned something...

Anler

So the light bulb goes bad in my garage door opener so I put a new LED bulb in it. Next morning wife says her garage door opener won't work. She is always complaining about something so I ignore her. Now I try to close the garage door with my opener and nope. Wtf?

Messed with it a bit. Worked fine before I changed the bulb. Take the bulb out and everything works again. Led's can emit interference . Now you know ...

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

So the light bulb goes bad in my garage door opener so I put a new LED bulb in it. Next morning wife says her garage door opener won't work. She is always complaining about something so I ignore her. Now I try to close the garage door with my opener and nope. Wtf?

Messed with it a bit. Worked fine before I changed the bulb. Take the bulb out and everything works again. Led's can emit interference . Now you know ...

Install rough service incandescent. But you probably know that. 

• Gold Member

My openers have no problem with LED bulbs.  The openers are like only 2 years old though so they may have been designed for LED’s.....  only thing with incandescent in my house is those wax melter thingys

6 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Shouldn't snowrider have some excellent input here?

he's likely to tell anler, that if the person that he bought the opener from didn't give him the owners manual, to return the whole damn thing and demand his money back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4