Official 2018-2019 sledding post

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Sal Rosenberg and bro in the williwacks.    :lol:  

C00E88CF-AC46-4B4B-A51A-A043DB8AA10E.jpeg

E51B003B-A671-49D3-B94B-7EA1FA79C390.jpeg

C1F9CB95-7DB9-441C-AC07-E018A6495890.jpeg

D43F9EF0-B152-4C02-A523-7A70FD1129F0.jpeg.072fcd057fd9a5505973017c6d2ba6e5.jpeg

J/K..Jealous you guys have all that snow...looks good!

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Coulda used one of those this weekend.  :lol:  the groomed stuff is deteriorating quick but the woods will be good for another month or so.  Tits deep!

15 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Coulda used one of those this weekend.  :lol:  the groomed stuff is deteriorating quick but the woods will be good for another month or so.  Tits deep!

I looked at that picture of Gary and thought fuck I’ve been there!:lol:

20 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Looks like alotta the powder we caught yesterday and this morning.  Heavenly.  Mountain lion siting sounds pretty epic. 

It was awesome, I came around the corner and saw it running and instantly thought, "That's no Coyote, it's running like a cat... oh shit, that's a mountain lion!" We pulled over and caught a glimpse of it looking back at us from a distance before it disappeared over a ridge. It's the second time my dad and aunt have seen one and it was my first one. I really thought the season was over, I was skeptical the storm would actually make for good riding, but I'm damn glad I was wrong.

• Like 3

Just now, Wildboer said:

It was awesome, I came around the corner and saw it running and instantly thought, "That's no Coyote, it's running like a cat... oh shit, that's a mountain lion!" We pulled over and caught a glimpse of it looking back at us from a distance before it disappeared over a ridge. It's the second time my dad and aunt have seen one and it was my first one. I really thought the season was over, I was skeptical the storm would actually make for good riding, but I'm damn glad I was wrong.

X2.  I was lukewarm about even going, season was winding down and it’s been warm.  But the temps stabilized, they got a fresh 8-10” on Saturday, and the conditions were awesome.  My favorite kind of riding is ripping 30-70 mph through unplowed logging roads with a fresh couple of feet, and we found a bunch all 3 days.  Several crust layers covered 90% of the rocks and stumps, so you could pull off some pretty stupid shit and get away with it.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

First I thought ....." Pfft , I can make it "

Then I thought  "  Uh oh , I ain't gonna make it "

Then I thought  " I need a longer track "

Then I thought   " Nah , I just need to learn how to ride this one "

Then I thought  " I might need one of those de fibulator thingys about any second now "

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

First I thought ....." Pfft , I can make it "

Then I thought  "  Uh oh , I ain't gonna make it "

Then I thought  " I need a longer track "

Then I thought   " Nah , I just need to learn how to ride this one "

Then I thought  " I might need one of those de fibulator thingys about any second now "

😆:thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

😆:thumbsup:

Me and pup crested that ridge looking for you guys, and all I could see was a bunch of knocked down Alders and your sleds nose pointed at the sky. :lol: 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m still laughing at “williwacks”. :lmao:

Gonna add that to the “pucker brush”, “rhubarb” and “picker sticks” terminology.

:lol:

Williwacks:  Any type of wood species that you can knock down if going fast enough. :lol: 

Holyshit I see new doo belt #571 at the dealer and I saw the price tag showing $239  thought it was in nook dollars but nope. US! Damn! I can remember getting new #127 doo belt for $65 , from what I was told #571 is also the same belt BRP uses in their Ryker machines. 

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

18 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Holyshit I see new doo belt #571 at the dealer and I saw the price tag showing $239  thought it was in nook dollars but nope. US! Damn! I can remember getting new #127 doo belt for $65 , from what I was told #571 is also the same belt BRP uses in their Ryker machines. 

Fuck.  I rolled the dice all year on my turbo because I knew how cool those clutches run.  2300 miles, original belt, no issues and lots of deep snow running.  My buddy said he ran his wife’s 900 nap almost 5000 before changing it out.  Guess I’ll need to break down and get a spare.

20 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

$32 for the OEM Yami belt for the mighty GP292!