Official 2018-2019 sledding post

38 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

0-100 I would eat it for lunch

That would depend on conditions and traction.  I’ve yet to ride or own an 800/850 that has the legs a turbo does.

14 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

except for the fact the new cat for 20 has a full k load of major motor parts making about 8 more hp. add that to the fact that the 18 and 19 cats I ride with  are neck and neck with my summit . and that is after the 1/2 day of fucking around to get this doo motor in alinment 

Who races summits?

15 hours ago, Wildboer said:

The fuck? Doo and Polaris are the only real games in down unless you want a turbo 4-stroke...

I'll keep my KYB 36's and 40's thank you very much.

enjoy the marketing as presented to you by the best marketing team in the biz across all there lines  . kyb lol who do you know that has ever said oh yeah I am going to upgrade my insert brand here with a,set of kyb  

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Who races summits?

any crew of guys with new sleds on a trip who don't like them up are well not really men are,they ? 

line em up on the hard pack and the pow flats,and the pow hills . how else to you het the real story  ? 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

any crew of guys with new sleds on a trip who don't like them up are well not really men are,they ? 

line em up on the hard pack and the pow flats,and the pow hills . how else to you het the real story  ? 

Yer a cat guy.

The end.

:lol:

:bc:

15 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

It’s got its work cut out for it if it’s going to be as good as a Skidoo Back Country 850.  Very impressive sled, and I’ve gotten to spend some time with a couple friends who have them this year.

the summit has some benefits for sure.  so do the cats and poo . all what you want . like I said if the 850 summit sells this fall I am back on a mountain cat . if not new fox all around with a z broz center shock kit . 

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

enjoy the marketing as presented to you by the best marketing team in the biz across all there lines  . kyb lol who do you know that has ever said oh yeah I am going to upgrade my insert brand here with a,set of kyb  

This would be a decent argument if they actually made shocks for other brands sleds...

• Thanks 1

Just now, Wildboer said:

This would be a decent argument if they actually made shocks for other brands sleds...

funny thing is all the summits I saw out west with upgraded shocks this yr were #1 fox #2 z broz . end of story no one upgraded to top of the line kyb ever 

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

and I have given  the doo a legit try .can't ask for more than a full season test ride  just over 800mi at this point .

And you just dont like it...i get that...youre a gay cat guy...embrace it...get some furry crocks and a pit coat...and you and @Zambroski can cuddle by the fire.

14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I upgraded to kyb 40s on my jesus sled.

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

and I have given  the doo a legit try .can't ask for more than a full season test ride  just over 800mi at this point .

You sure have.  That’s credit where it is deserved.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

And you just dont like it...i get that...youre a gay cat guy...embrace it...get some furry crocks and a pit coat...and you a @Zambroski can cuddle by the fire.

Winners can wear what they want and cuddle with whomever they want!

WB is your date.  PUCKER UP!!!! He wants your butthole lips!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

funny thing is all the summits I saw out west with upgraded shocks this yr were #1 fox #2 z broz . end of story no one upgraded to top of the line kyb ever 

This is the dumbest shit. If you want KYBs you don't upgrade your shocks, you just buy an X...

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

This is the dumbest shit. If you want KYBs you don't upgrade your shocks, you just buy an X...

That’s the point...they don’t want KYBs.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That’s the point...they don’t want KYBs.

I think KYB’s are overall a better shock from an adjustability standpoint over Fox.  But, it depends on what you want them for too.  Fox can take a bigger pounding, but KYB’s Pros have a wider range for adjustments.  If I try to make my Evols more “comfortable”, it seems they just work like shit. 

Of course, I think the Qs3’s are now giving Fox the edge on an overall great shock for everything..from what I hear anyway.  I’d like to give them a run.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think KYB’s are overall a better shock from an adjustability standpoint over Fox.  But, it depends on what you want them for too.  Fox can take a bigger pounding, but KYB’s Pros have a wider range for adjustments.  If I try to make my Evols more “comfortable”, it seems they just work like shit. 

Of course, I think the Qs3’s are now giving Fox the edge on an overall great shock for everything..from what I hear anyway.  I’d like to give them a run.

If I hit the lotto I'd get a full set of Ohlins for my XRS, for now I'm quite happy with the KYB pros.

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

And you just dont like it...i get that...youre a gay cat guy...embrace it...get some furry crocks and a pit coat...and you and @Zambroski can cuddle by the fire.

if anything i would be transgender having been on the doo this season . 

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

He never said he didn't see any X's with stock shocks.

saw,a,few .in fact one of there ambassador guys was running fox on both his sleds .

again turn to the shock page in the doo catalog now tell me what they are selling 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

saw,a,few .in fact one of there ambassador guys was running fox on both his sleds .

again turn to the shock page in the doo catalog now tell me what they are selling 

Either way I'm not gonna take my shock advice from riders that are more concerned with angle of attack than actual shock absorption :news: 

• Thanks 1