Official 2018-2019 sledding post

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Did you enjoy the museum?  Are you suddenly becoming more friendly to owning a minivan and taking up golf?  These are serious questions.

I did enjoy the museum actually. It was an exhibit on the effects of Brewing on Guelph and Wellington county.  Some very rare artifacts on display from Sleeman and private collectors and I was the only person there on a Saturday morning. Had the whole place to myself for over an hour.......lol

This is an extremely rare Sleeman Tray from the turn of the century and the main item I went to see. I've talked to several big collectors who say they've never seen one in person. On loan from a private collector.

435756642_1900SleemanTray.jpg.c1947bb63805cb66cde9ca9a3db4660b.jpg

This picture is just fantastic for a brewery collector. Taken in the late 1920's or early 30's. I own one of the Kuntz's trays the waiter is holding. Notice the empty beer cases stacked up behind the bartender and the Labatt advertisement on the wall to the right. I have a collection of the "On Draught Today" signs myself. Picture on loan from a private collector whom I met in person last September. He's written several books on Canadian Brewerianna including "The Canadian Brewerianist Beer Tray Inventory" which is a complete list of all beer trays manufactured for the Canadian Market. Ignore my reflection.

1599572347_1920sTavernPic..jpg.e81129e52738cc5c94ebd52faa57859c.jpg

Just something I got started in a year ago and I find interesting.

No minivan or golf in my future.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Last Sunday in the UP.   This is on the trail, not a plowed road.  Trail had a solid 2-3' base too.

IMG_1128.thumb.jpg.2f6275c849304aebd7b66fefe5d74501.jpg

That's my 18 year old who is 6' 4 1/2". Shit ton of snow up there, and they are expecting another 2'+ in the next couple of weeks.  We'll be riding well into April again this year. 

Looks like snows been pushed up there? :dunno: 

23 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Looks like snows been pushed up there? :dunno: 

We we're riding from lanse to big bay and we hit a pocket that must of had 6-8' of snow on the ground. Was weird but it was like riding in a snow canyon. You couldn't see over the banks of the trail. I wish I had my GoPro on for that. Great riding that day. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Ive got to check that area out.

Yes. Come on up. We will put the hammer down! We have great trails and no traffic

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Ive got to check that area out.

6 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Yes. Come on up. We will put the hammer down! We have great trails and no traffic

Do it Steve. Shifty is a great tour guide and he isn't  affraid of a little wind :lol: 

• Haha 1

Windy out and drifts were 2-3 feet in places.  Fun but was caught flat footed a few times.  Kinda felt like a gay sled commercial out there at times busting into and over the drifts.  My buddy thinks he blew out a rear because he used “a friend of friend” to revalue his shocks.  :lmao: So..just me bombing around today.

Been a  couple years since I’ve seen the snow half way up the shelters.

2E7222C7-0581-414A-B37B-AA24F64997EC.jpeg

Chillin’ in the shelter and saw Benny out there....he went by me a couple of times hitting the throttle and flipping me off.  I think he wanted a piece of me!!!!!  :lmao:

62A891FF-65D9-4DBB-99AE-E015F40DACC8.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You'd be wrong like always

There is snow like that in nw Maine and Quebec right now.  Probably the deepest snow, and best conditions in years imo.  We hit some untracked logging roads yesterday that were just heaven.  60-70 mph, drop it down a bit and jump off onto the bank, powder exploding, just awesome stuff.  Sno bunje came out at least a half dozen times with bro Sal Rosenstein and me. :bc: 

Decided to head out again for a quick power line jaunt to test out some new ear buds and spy goggles with my 509.  Sweet fuck it’s fun out here today!!  Not another slender in sight!!  Winds tend to scare people?  It is crispy out here tho.  Blizzard warning tonight I guess?

F7F629B5-DF0A-40E5-AEED-CA3B31BA57E3.jpeg

7 hours ago, Anler said:

We we're riding from lanse to big bay and we hit a pocket that must of had 6-8' of snow on the ground. Was weird but it was like riding in a snow canyon. You couldn't see over the banks of the trail. I wish I had my GoPro on for that. Great riding that day. 

Same here.  We saw tons of broken down Polaris's too .    :bc:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yes we did .  The people were walking down the trail with paper bags on theirs heads , at first I thought it was the unknown comic from the gong show . Come to think of it , maybe it was . :bc:

Sounds like massholes to me. They ride skidoo I thought. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

They were all on the trails and hanging out at club brp except for wollie . we were off trail for the most part .  We both saw the end of the Poo rope tho :lol: 

You're welcome :bc: