Check your account email address ×

Official 2018-2019 sledding post

On 2/19/2019 at 1:28 PM, DriftBusta said:

It’s not bad, Has a clip like the Dess cord, but it is going to get velcroed when I remember to bring some w me.

I clip my Oxygen cord to the tether attachment on jacket and I don't use the extension cord, when I come to a pit stop I take the the cord end and stuff them in my left jacket pocket, no concerns about losing the cord or some motherfucker lifting it. I also have a fused hot 24/7 power cord coming out of the dash to power my helmet to keep it heated even when the sled is off.

On my last trip while unloading the truck my helmet rolled out the door and although I caught it I dented in the visor, and doing so I might have broke the seal. In any event I go googling to buy a new visor for my upcoming NW Ontario trip.....not good as BuRP has no replacement visor and they pulled the catalog number as I am told there is an issue with our visors, I'll be wearing the BV2S  on the trip as a visor failure with the Oxygen in no mans land would be a disaster.

On 2/19/2019 at 1:32 PM, Angry ginger said:

i am sure at some point they will clean up that controller,  esp on a touring type sled having it built into the gauge would make sense in the long run.  

Nothing to clean up, works like a charm and I can control it at speed with my left hand.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I clip my Oxygen cord to the tether attachment on jacket and I don't use the extension cord, when I come to a pit stop I take the the cord end and stuff them in my left jacket pocket, no concerns about losing the cord or some motherfucker lifting it. I also have a fused hot 24/7 power cord coming out of the dash to power my helmet to keep it heated even when the sled is off.

On my last trip while unloading the truck my helmet rolled out the door and although I caught it I dented in the visor, and doing so I might have broke the seal. In any event I go googling to buy a new visor for my upcoming NW Ontario trip.....not good as BuRP has no replacement visor and they pulled the catalog number as I am told there is an issue with our visors, I'll be wearing the BV2S  on the trip as a visor failure with the Oxygen in no mans land would be a disaster.

Nothing to clean up, works like a charm and I can control it at speed with my left hand.

What’s your general NW Ontario route? 

42 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Get back to me when you learn how to turn and handle some bumps Mr. Adrenaline package :lol: 

There is nothing you do ....not a thing , that has you needing more than adrenaline shocks. I've bottomed out the front a few times and not the rear that I recall. You're a poser kid...sorry

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

WB giving the bidnezz to Benny!!  :lmao:

I NEED TO CLICK MY REBOUND STROKE COMPRESSION FLUID CLICKER AND GO BACK OVER THAT SWEET DRIVEWAY JUMP DOUBLE DERP DERP DERP

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

There is nothing you do ....not a thing , that has you needing more than adrenaline shocks. I've bottomed out the front a few times and not the rear that I recall. You're a poser kid...sorry

The center shock will repeatedly bottom if i ride an X through a decently whooped out trail. You sound like you're spewing Supertrax propaganda from the year Doo dropped the rMotion... "Just set all your clickers all the way soft, there's no way anyone can bottom this skid!!!"

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

The center shock will repeatedly bottom if i ride an X through a decently whooped out trail. You sound like you're spewing Supertrax propaganda from the year Doo dropped the rMotion... "Just set all your clickers all the way soft, there's no way anyone can bottom this skid!!!"

Admittedly the trails have been almost all perfect since I bought the 850 aside from when I rode the north shore with the fs guys. I hammered all the shitty trail just as fast as they did on their xcr and xrs sleds

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Admittedly the trails have been almost all perfect since I bought the 850 aside from when I rode the north shore with the fs guys. I hammered all the shitty trail just as fast as they did on their xcr and xrs sleds

IMO Doo has been valving the center shock too soft since the very first REV on '03, it's almost like they didn't realize that when they moved the rider forward they moved them from sitting on the rear shock to standing over the front of the skid.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

IMO Doo has been valving the center shock too soft since the very first REV on '03, it's almost like they didn't realize that when they moved the rider forward they moved them from sitting on the rear shock to standing over the front of the skid.

So revalve it and get a stiffer spring....easy peasy.

7 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Yes....you crash through the center shock on the g4 pretty easily. But I'd take the ride of the current Adr g4 over the xrs or Drew's xcr any day. Those sled are too stiff unless you are hammering moguls 100% of the time

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes....you crash through the center shock on the g4 pretty easily. But I'd take the ride of the current Adr g4 over the xrs or Drew's xcr any day. Those sled are too stiff unless you are hammering moguls 100% of the time

I like a more plush ride also, but I am old and have a bad back and bad neck. You are younger so quit being a little bitch! :bigfinger:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I like a more plush ride also, but I am old and have a bad back and bad neck. You are younger so quit being a little bitch! :bigfinger:

I'm old and have a bad back too....plus I'm not a fucking poser

5 hours ago, SnowRider said:

What’s your general NW Ontario route? 

Well unfortunately you can't just ride into Ontario from Minnesota unless you have a remote border pass, which takes several weeks to get after applying for it and we just pulled the trigger on this trip two weeks ago; so that leaves us starting in Ft. Frances and going east to Atikokan then north to Sioux Lookout.

Options on the way back are to enter MN via LOW and check into US Customs in Warroad, or go to Atikokan to hit the trail in Namakan Lake and  then check into customs at Crane Lake, with those options it would be a cab ride from Intl. Falls to Ft. Frances to get the truck and trailer. More than likely I'll ride along the north side of the Rainy River because I never have, and with that we will either load in in FF or do Atikokan and the cab ride.

38 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Well unfortunately you can't just ride into Ontario from Minnesota unless you have a remote border pass, which takes several weeks to get after applying for it and we just pulled the trigger on this trip two weeks ago; so that leaves us starting in Ft. Frances and going east to Atikokan then north to Sioux Lookout.

Options on the way back are to enter MN via LOW and check into US Customs in Warroad, or go to Atikokan to hit the trail in Namakan Lake and  then check into customs at Crane Lake, with those options it would be a cab ride from Intl. Falls to Ft. Frances to get the truck and trailer. More than likely I'll ride along the north side of the Rainy River because I never have, and with that we will either load in in FF or do Atikokan and the cab ride.

Take him for a trip, Vinney.  And also, bring him back through Duluth.  Make a stop.  I need to have a chat with the child.  :lmao:

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I'm old and have a bad back too....plus I'm not a fucking poser

Dude, the only ones of us who aren’t “posers” are the ones on the race tracks every weekend.  Other than that, we’re all just out there “posing”....what matters is how well we can pull it off!  :lmao:

Shit...I haven’t even wore my matching gear yet this year!  Been rollin’ rag tag style!  

“How’z about dat dude dat passed us at a high rate of speed in dat green trench coat thingy floppin’ around like a cape???  Wut wuz dat shit all abooot?!?!!”

:lmao: