Official 2018-2019 sledding post

22 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Small little tweaks like adding a little more weight to the primary won’t, the motor can pull more load.  And don’t care if it’s not as fast as a cat turbo.  It still hauls ass, sips gas and is super balanced.

My buddy wrecked his viper xtx. This year got a winder xtx.

Said if he would have tried it first, he wouldn't have bought it. Too heavy, too fast , too powerful.

Said his viper was a much better all round sled.

This guy is no foo foo sledder. He gives her!

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

My buddy wrecked his viper xtx. This year got a winder xtx.

Said if he would have tried it first, he wouldn't have bought it. Too heavy, too fast , too powerful.

Said his viper was a much better all round sled.

This guy is no foo foo sledder. He gives her!

Exactly...at some point what is the point of 900000 HP?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly...at some point what is the point of 900000 HP?

Anyone who claims a stock winder is too fast is a fucking pussy. They are a few lengths faster than a good running 800. No doubt Awful Mouthful hangs with some bitches though

I laugh at all the idiots that say they have something with too much power. If you don,t have the disciple to control the throttle, and the brake, don,t buy it.

Nothing says you have to run a sled at full pin, all the fukking time. It,s nice to have the power on tap, if the conditions and location allow you to give it a full squeeze. I run a sled with 240 HP. It goes 30 mph thru twisty trails without a problem. If you want to pass your buddies on a lake, it can also do that, without any problems as well.   

Throttle control On these big cat/ yam turbos can be a handful on the tighter stuff.  And anyone who thinks they can wheel one through a twisty shelled out 50 mile section as fast as an equal rider on a 600, is lying or built like the Rock.  My cat turbo was the first sled I ever rode that I came to that realization with.  The doo has that really slick driving mode switch and it’s awesome for that stuff, smooths out the power big time so you’re not wrestling thensled as much.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I laugh at all the idiots that say they have something with too much power. If you don,t have the disciple to control the throttle, and the brake, don,t buy it.

Nothing says you have to run a sled at full pin, all the fukking time. It,s nice to have the power on tap, if the conditions and location allow you to give it a full squeeze. I run a sled with 240 HP. It goes 30 mph thru twisty trails without a problem. If you want to pass your buddies on a lake, it can also do that, without any problems as well.   

It all depends on where:how you ride.  Nobody hunts squirrels with a .30-06.  The right tool for the right job.  :bc:

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Throttle control On these big cat/ yam turbos can be a handful on the tighter stuff.  And anyone who thinks they can wheel one through a twisty shelled out 50 mile section as fast as an equal rider on a 600, is lying or built like the Rock.  My cat turbo was the first sled I ever rode that I came to that realization with.  The doo has that really slick driving mode switch and it’s awesome for that stuff, smooths out the power big time so you’re not wrestling thensled as much.

Exactly.  You must have raced motorsports before!  :lmao:

If all somebody does is straightline shit...they can just stfu.  I clutched and geared my last 800 for bear.  It was similar clutching to a SX machine.  It was hoot...for about 10 minutes.  After that, it became a wrestling match in and out of every corner.  I’m pretty stout so I could handle it fairly well but, it just got old.  It was power that was hard to use and spinning the track or lifting the skis is for retards and amateurs thinking their shit is POWA!!!!!  It’s why the 600cc bikes would clean up the 750 and 900 bikes on the tighter tracks.  Sure, they may not lead at first, but it’s just a matter of time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

It all depends on where:how you ride.  Nobody hunts squirrels with a .30-06.  The right tool for the right job.  :bc:

If all somebody does is straightline shit...they can just stfu.  I clutched and geared my last 800 for bear.  It was similar clutching to a SX machine.  It was hoot...for about 10 minutes.  After that, it became a wrestling match in and out of every corner.  I’m pretty stout so I could handle it fairly well but, it just got old.  It was power that was hard to use and spinning the track or lifting the skis is for retards and amateurs thinking their shit is POWA!!!!!  It’s why the 600cc bikes would clean up the 750 and 900 bikes on the tighter tracks.  Sure, they may not lead at first, but it’s just a matter of time.

Yup.  I’m pretty stout too, and that cat turbo was the first sled I ever owned where my upper body and arms got a major workout keeping that thing on the trail with a pack of 600s and 800s.  Fast stuff it was like cheating, but in the rougher twister stuff forget it.  But there’s nothing physical about clamping the throttle on a long smooth straight.

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I had my '03 Rev clutched like that, the engagement RPM was ludicrously high. Fuckin' hell it was infuriating if you got stuck behind a groomer or some slowpokes on a tight trail.

39 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I had my '03 Rev clutched like that, the engagement RPM was ludicrously high. Fuckin' hell it was infuriating if you got stuck behind a groomer or some slowpokes on a tight trail.

Yeah...high clutch engagements can be shocking.  "Why do you spin the track when you take off?"  Cuz I'm at 6200 fucking R's!!!!  :lmao: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...high clutch engagements can be shocking.  "Why do you spin the track when you take off?"  Cuz I'm at 6200 fucking R's!!!!  :lmao: 

The first time my dad gave my sled a try he thought it was broken. He was asking why the clutch wouldn't engage through our communicators, I told him he wasn't revving it high enough yet.

Just now, Wildboer said:

The first time my dad gave my sled a try he thought it was broken. He was asking why the clutch wouldn't engage through our communicators, I told him he wasn't revving it high enough yet.

What was your engagement?

Just now, DAVE said:

Ooooh i like this idea!

Screenshot_20190214-164110_Facebook.jpg

I mean...theoretically...

4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ooooh i like this idea!

4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ooooh i like this idea!

Looks "flicakable" probably fold up like a tv dinner foil wrapper on the fist jump tho...

Just now, Zambroski said:

I mean...theoretically...

Looks "flicakable" probably fold up like a tv dinner foil wrapper on the fist jump tho...

Im sure it could handle the 30 mile loop!!!!