Original Lummox

Official 2018-2019 sledding post

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, irv said:

I'd be happy with 600 Etecs if they come with R-Motion suspension? If I ever do upgrade, I am pretty much set on getting one with R-Motion. As I get older, ride/suspension is getting very important to me. Durability, which concerns with etecs, is paramount but ride/suspension is definitely a very close second. 

Take a new Poo axys chassis out for ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, irv said:

I'd be happy with 600 Etecs if they come with R-Motion suspension? If I ever do upgrade, I am pretty much set on getting one with R-Motion. As I get older, ride/suspension is getting very important to me. Durability, which concerns with etecs, is paramount but ride/suspension is definitely a very close second. 

Yup they do. 600etecs are pretty much bullet proof compared to the 800s

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Take a new Poo axys chassis out for ride.

Until they get their engines figured out and I hear some good news about them for 2-3 yrs in a row then maybe I will reconsider them again, but until then, Poo's are off the list unfortunately. Just my opinion. Don't anyone take it personally nor start a sled bashing/debate thread. I'm sticking with my decision and nothing will change that. :bc:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Yup they do. 600etecs are pretty much bullet proof compared to the 800s

I thought so but wasn't sure? :bc:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, irv said:

Until they get their engines figured out and I hear some good news about them for 2-3 yrs in a row then maybe I will reconsider them again, but until then, Poo's are off the list unfortunately. Just my opinion. Don't anyone take it personally nor start a sled bashing/debate thread. I'm sticking with my decision and nothing will change that. :bc:

600s are good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

600s are good

They are solid after 2012, before pos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

They are solid after 2012, before pos.

Cmon...theyve always been good...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Cmon...theyve always been good...

yup even in the fusion shitbox the 600's were fine.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got word we're heading to Old Forge on Tuesday morning. Storm chasing the foot of snow they're supposed to get that afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

yup even in the fusion shitbox the 600's were fine.  

Funny we were just talking about them over the weekend when we saw one at a stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, irv said:

Until they get their engines figured out and I hear some good news about them for 2-3 yrs in a row then maybe I will reconsider them again, but until then, Poo's are off the list unfortunately. Just my opinion. Don't anyone take it personally nor start a sled bashing/debate thread. I'm sticking with my decision and nothing will change that. :bc:

I can't see you buying an 800 though.  The 600 motor is stout.  So is the 600 etec so both good machines. :bc: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DAVE said:

600s are good

Poo 600s are one the most  bulletproof proof engines ever produced 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I can't see you buying an 800 though.  The 600 motor is stout.  So is the 600 etec so both good machines. :bc: 

If I go the 2 stroke route I'd most likely stick with 600 class sleds. I still haven't taken a 1200 Doo with R-Motion for a ride yet but would definitely do so prior to making any sort of a purchase. I'd also like to try a 900 T just to see what those are like as well but I also want to stick with a 129 skid, nothing longer, or else I'd be into a new trailer as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, f7ben said:

I actually dont like it that much. It's not fast enough or consistent enough

Grow some balls, and get a Sidewinder. You,re a very slow learner. LOL Did you ever sell your other 2 sleds ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, irv said:

If I go the 2 stroke route I'd most likely stick with 600 class sleds. I still haven't taken a 1200 Doo with R-Motion for a ride yet but would definitely do so prior to making any sort of a purchase. I'd also like to try a 900 T just to see what those are like as well but I also want to stick with a 129 skid, nothing longer, or else I'd be into a new trailer as well. 

There is no more 1200.  The 900 or 900T.  I actually liked the 900 in sport mode.  It's a torquey little motor.   It with an r motion would be a great replacement for your vector if you do.  :bc: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kev144 said:

There is no more 1200.  The 900 or 900T.  I actually liked the 900 in sport mode.  It's a torquey little motor.   It with an r motion would be a great replacement for your vector if you do.  :bc: 

Id take the 1200 over a 900...900 is boring. Not enough power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kev144 said:

There is no more 1200.  The 900 or 900T.  I actually liked the 900 in sport mode.  It's a torquey little motor.   It with an r motion would be a great replacement for your vector if you do.  :bc: 

Didn't realize that but I likely won't be buying new anyways. Good to hear about the 900 T but like I said, I need to stick to a 129" or less skid as I am not into purchasing a new trailer. I believe it was you or 04 or both that said they only come in a 137 skid? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, irv said:

Didn't realize that but I likely won't be buying new anyways. Good to hear about the 900 T but like I said, I need to stick to a 129" or less skid as I am not into purchasing a new trailer. I believe it was you or 04 or both that said they only come in a 137 skid? 

you have a 10 foot trailer??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

you have a 10 foot trailer??

Yes, and my 2 current 121" inch sleds fit just nicely with a bit of room to spare. Truthfully, I might be knackered even with 129" sleds fitting? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, irv said:

If I go the 2 stroke route I'd most likely stick with 600 class sleds. I still haven't taken a 1200 Doo with R-Motion for a ride yet but would definitely do so prior to making any sort of a purchase. I'd also like to try a 900 T just to see what those are like as well but I also want to stick with a 129 skid, nothing longer, or else I'd be into a new trailer as well. 

Yup, best choice out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, irv said:

Didn't realize that but I likely won't be buying new anyways. Good to hear about the 900 T but like I said, I need to stick to a 129" or less skid as I am not into purchasing a new trailer. I believe it was you or 04 or both that said they only come in a 137 skid? 

Nope the 900 non turbo comes in 129 and up.  Buddy has a 16 blizzard with a 129 r motion.  Nice sled.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, irv said:

Yes, and my 2 current 121" inch sleds fit just nicely with a bit of room to spare. Truthfully, I might be knackered even with 129" sleds fitting? 

yeah, a 137 definitely wont fit in a 10', a 129" will though..

Edited by Rigid1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, irv said:

Yes, and my 2 current 121" inch sleds fit just nicely with a bit of room to spare. Truthfully, I might be knackered even with 129" sleds fitting? 

Irv a 129 is what maybe another inch or so on the ground.  Our wives may notice an extra inch but your trailer won't :lol: :bc: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Poo 600s are one the most  bulletproof proof engines ever produced 

We currently have 6 Polaris 600s in our riding group 2007,2009,2010, 3 2015s plus i sold my 07 600 last year . All been bulletproof. This weekend the 800 Cat had too leave the ride early which actually is surprising as imo cat has the best 800 for reliability. He had start up issues, ran great if we pour fuel into the spark plug holes hut if you shut the engine down it would not syart unless fuel was added to spark plug holes. 4-5 times until we gave up in case it got worse

Edited by Original Lummox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.