Official 2018-2019 sledding post

I think I am going to be a young buck on a trio coming up .

one of my customers has been doing a guys weekend of sledding for 54 years .

thus will be 55 . oldest guy is 98 and he bought a new xf800 last yr. the young guy is my customer coming in at 84. 

only 3 left out of the original 9 

I told Roy this fall if they needed a guy to yank them out i would go .

the daughter of the old man was all worried last yr attempted to put the cabosh on the deal even hid his brand new sled lol. 

well she called me tonight and asked if I really was going to go and make sure theses guys did not get stranded in the woods. 

kind if sad in a way but pretty cool this core crew is on yr 55 of a yearly tradition.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

I think I am going to be a young buck on a trio coming up .

one of my customers has been doing a guys weekend of sledding for 54 years .

thus will be 55 . oldest guy is 98 and he bought a new xf800 last yr. the young guy is my customer coming in at 84. 

only 3 left out of the original 9 

I told Roy this fall if they needed a guy to yank them out i would go .

the daughter of the old man was all worried last yr attempted to put the cabosh on the deal even hid his brand new sled lol. 

well she called me tonight and asked if I really was going to go and make sure theses guys did not get stranded in the woods. 

kind if sad in a way but pretty cool this core crew is on yr 55 of a yearly tradition.  

A 98 year old trying to wrangle an 800? Sounds like 2 out of 9 next year 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Wildboer said:

A 98 year old trying to wrangle an 800? Sounds like 2 out of 9 next year 🤷🏻‍♂️

no I have met this guy . he sold his apex for it lol . old school stone mason with the spunk of oll blue .

I am not saying these guys are going boondocking but last yrs trip around coracpia was 3 days and just over 300mi 

pretty much mid day runs for lunch and back to the cabin to talk shit drink and play cards for money 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

no I have met this guy . he sold his apex for it lol . old school stone mason with the spunk of oll blue .

I am not saying these guys are going boondocking but last yrs trip around coracpia was 3 days and just over 300mi 

pretty much mid day runs for lunch and back to the cabin to talk shit drink and play cards for money 

Sounds like a good time. :bc: 

I'm at lunch about 80/90 miles into today's ride, trails are holding up to the traffic well so far. Should be interesting to see what it's like as we head back towards Old Forge. Those trails are gonna see a lot of traffic today.

• Like 1

We did a little 40 mile loop with a lunch stop. This wknd is try the trails free weekend so we did a ride thru our little area and stayed off the main trails. Tons of old sleds out there and it was busy in town at the lunch stop. We'll go out tomoro for a long loop and hope it's not too busy lol

20190202_103153.jpg

Edited by smokin george
  • Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member

Well got out for a quick local solo ride,..got on the trail at 35* got off and it was up to 48*..We are done here locally after today till something changes. Was nice to get out though

IMG_20190203_123457190_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190203_131242136_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190203_134732676.jpg

IMG_20190203_134720305.jpg

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well got out for a quick local solo ride,..got on the trail at 35* got off and it was up to 48*..We are done here locally after today till something changes. Was nice to get out though

IMG_20190203_123457190_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190203_131242136_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190203_134732676.jpg

IMG_20190203_134720305.jpg

Wow...that sucks....theres a colorado low coming your way i think...hopefully it gets cold.

We got so turned around trying to find a new route back from Oxbow Lake yesterday that we didn't make it back to Old Forge until this afternoon.

After asking a few people for directions unsuccessfully we happened upon a house we recognized, we've always guessed it belongs to the guy who runs the dump we use back in Jersey. We could see there were a bunch of people drinking beer in the garage so we knocked on the door. They invited us in, we're covered in freezing rain that was making it damn near impossible to see out on the trails, and we ask how to get back to Old Forge... "You're not making it back to Old Forge tonight." was the answer. We were still 100+ miles out at 8:00pm in shit conditions. We were thinking we're fucked and then he says we can stay there. Dude had a living room/bar and a bedroom with two beds in the garage. He had a 300 gallon gas tank full of 94 octane out back too, we bought gas from him and rode back this morning.

8146DB35-8DD7-4464-B81D-C05B0142734C.jpeg

61D3BBB9-577D-4494-BFEA-3540B9C43B87.jpeg

301DF721-7C65-40B0-B7B1-20FC8BAB4A27.jpeg

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

We got so turned around trying to find a new route back from Oxbow Lake yesterday that we didn't make it back to Old Forge until this afternoon.

After asking a few people for directions unsuccessfully we happened upon a house we recognized, we've always guessed it belongs to the guy who runs the dump we use back in Jersey. We could see there were a bunch of people drinking beer in the garage so we knocked on the door. They invited us in, we're covered in freezing rain that was making it damn near impossible to see out on the trails, and we ask how to get back to Old Forge... "You're not making it back to Old Forge tonight." was the answer. We were still 100+ miles out at 8:00pm in shit conditions. We were thinking we're fucked and then he says we can stay there. Dude had a living room/bar and a bedroom with two beds in the garage. He had a 300 gallon gas tank full of 94 octane out back too, we bought gas from him and rode back this morning.

8146DB35-8DD7-4464-B81D-C05B0142734C.jpeg

61D3BBB9-577D-4494-BFEA-3540B9C43B87.jpeg

301DF721-7C65-40B0-B7B1-20FC8BAB4A27.jpeg

Hahah...that is awesome!  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAVE said:

Wow...that sucks....theres a colorado low coming your way i think...hopefully it gets cold.

End of the week, "supposed" to be back in business..we will see,..I just have to trailer 30min to the tug Hill, not a big deal, but I can't bring my son up there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Wow, did that ever work out great for you guys! :bc:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

SOmetimes those unexpected stays are the best.

It's the second time my dad and I have not made it home while riding, the first time we figured we might end up in a hotel that night. The catch was we when we resorted to staying in a hotel the first place we tried was booked for the next two months straight. Fortunately they spent a half hour making calls and found us a room about a half hour ride away. I forget the name of the place we ended up but it was in Redfield NY and they had some surprisingly good Italian food.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wildboer said:

It's the second time my dad and I have not made it home while riding, the first time we figured we might end up in a hotel that night. The catch was we when we resorted to staying in a hotel the first place we tried was booked for the next two months straight. Fortunately they spent a half hour making calls and found us a room about a half hour ride away. I forget the name of the place we ended up but it was in Redfield NY and they had some surprisingly good Italian food.

We were on motorcycles in the bighorn mountains of Wyoming . Headed for Sheridan Stopped at a little resort just to get a coffe and warm up. ( mid august and it was mid 40's ) Ended up staying there , got the owner drunk off his ass. Kept feeding the cook beers so he didn't want to leave. Had a feast. burned out back and then crashed.

https://www.arrowheadlodgewyoming.com/

this place

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

We were on motorcycles in the bighorn mountains of Wyoming . Headed for Sheridan Stopped at a little resort just to get a coffe and warm up. ( mid august and it was mid 40's ) Ended up staying there , got the owner drunk off his ass. Kept feeding the cook beers so he didn't want to leave. Had a feast. burned out back and then crashed.

https://www.arrowheadlodgewyoming.com/

this place

Good times!

:lol: