Official 2018-2019 sledding post

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What are you looking at?

I bought my 3rd BVS2 two years ago, they are a great helmet. I hope this Oxygen is as good, it's lighter for sure but the real test is does it frost up.

What causes it to frost up? Never had that issue. I have some anti fog spray I put on my sheild every day before I go out. Been doing this for years. Shaving cream will work also.

Edited by Edmo

11 hours ago, Edmo said:

What causes it to frost up? Never had that issue. I have some anti fog spray I put on my sheild every day before I go out. Been doing this for years. Shaving cream will work also.

The test for my new Oxygen will be whether it frost up or not, my BVS2 will start to frost up at -10F,  the frost starts low then creeps up the visor.

16 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The test for my new Oxygen will be whether it frost up or not, my BVS2 will start to frost up at -10F,  the frost starts low then creeps up the visor.

never had that issue with mine.  i resisted buying one for years and wish i had gotten one when they first came out

Fired up the Polaris. Thing runs awesome now. Wife and I went for a little ride down the road and back. Not enough snow to do much else. Wish we had the same amount of snow the Original Lummox has.

20181112_133150.jpg

• Like 5

On 11/10/2018 at 5:50 PM, Sal Rosenberg said:

Picked up one of these at Fremont .   Hopefully it turns out decent .   Couldn't get a new shield for my current bucket and the thing had some nasty branch whips in it :bc:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-exo-at950-neocon-helmet-dual-lens?kclid=ed53a1f9-e75a-4b85-9bed-b91283f88eec&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1_id_vPK3gIVw4qzCh0i5QheEAQYAiABEgL0VPD_BwE

Just noticed the name of that helmet.  I bet Anler has one!  :lol: 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

Fired up the Polaris. Thing runs awesome now. Wife and I went for a little ride down the road and back. Not enough snow to do much else. Wish we had the same amount of snow the Original Lummox has.

20181112_133150.jpg

Good looking pair of sleds my man...glad you got them all squared away and purring  like kittens! :thumbsup:

Thanks snacks! They are running quite good. Very happy with how they turned out. 

I was curious if you still had that doo. It has been awhile since you mentioned it and I wasn't sure if it had morphed into a Polaris or Arctic Cat lol. How's the daughter/sled issue working out?

23 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Just noticed the name of that helmet.  I bet Anler has one!  :lol: 

Yeah , I dunno wtf is up with that , It's listed as an AT 950 everywhere else . They make the same helmet for Castle X also.   At any rate , hopefully it's not a POS  :lol:   :bc:

6 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Thanks snacks! They are running quite good. Very happy with how they turned out. 

I was curious if you still had that doo. It has been awhile since you mentioned it and I wasn't sure if it had morphed into a Polaris or Arctic Cat lol. How's the daughter/sled issue working out?

She decided she would rather get back into downhill skiing and honestly I'm good with it....there is a great hill just outside of Marquette and a lot less headaches involved.✌🏻

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

She decided she would rather get back into downhill skiing and honestly I'm good with it....there is a great hill just outside of Marquette and a lot less headaches involved.✌🏻

Yeah , that sounds cool. Plus there will be a good amount of other girls at the slope , instead of just a pack of wolves at every fuel stop :lol:  :bc:

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2018 at 7:38 AM, DriftBusta said:

I’d still be wearing mine if this new one hadn’t come out, I loved it and even wore it off trailing.  I took a chance on this new one, hopefully it’s dialed in.  I was really happy with my bv2s but after 7-8 seasons, it was starting to give me trouble with the seal that goes along the top.  Glasses are always a challenge.  Temp changes and or room inside the helmet are often an issue.

Hey Mark were there any instructions that came with your helmet that state what size fuse to use for the helmet?

I don't if mine didn't come with the info or if I accidently threw it away.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He’ll yeah, season pass is peanuts compared to sled expenses. My kids love to snowboard, wife loves to ski, and I go sledding. 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Hey Mark were there any instructions that came with your helmet that state what size fuse to use for the helmet?

I don't if mine didn't come with the info or if I accidently threw it away.

Thanks!

I just used the plug and play Polaris one that is in their accessories catalog.  I don’t know what the fuse rating is on it.  The led shouldn’t draw much but not sure about the heater part.   No real instructions at all, and I noticed that the ear cups it comes with are either different for each side or I got one that is defective.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Original Lummox said:

Any snow out there? All grass here

We have a foot in central NY, but can't ride the trails till December 22

• Confused 1