Official 2018-2019 sledding post

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Now that’s a bug screen!

Not a fan of riding in that.  But, I’d take it over this hardpack I’ve weve got now with these temps

He’s too fucking stupid to realize they are basically the same sled he owns.  

That's Doo's medium height lol, we refuse to let cold weather stop us and you better believe it's nice to have that wind protection at 10 below.

My only complaint about the Gen 4  is actually that the open footwells let your feet get chilly when it's real cold out.

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

should have left the handguards on and done the handguard mirrors

I've tried those and they're borderline useless, personally I like the big windshield and mirrors on an XRS, it separates me from the flashy fuckboys who are all show and no go. Look at the windshields on XC race sleds.

Just now, Wildboer said:

I've tried those and they're borderline useless, personally I like the big windshield and mirrors on an XRS, it separates me from the flashy fuckboys who are all show and no go. Look at the windshields on XC race sleds.

could also try the rox flex handguards,  they work better as they are closer to you hand.  i run a medium ws and those on my freeride, think i have 1 spring day on the skinny windshield it came with

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

That's Doo's medium height lol, we refuse to let cold weather stop us and you better believe it's nice to have that wind protection at 10 below.

My only complaint about the Gen 4  is actually that the open footwells let your feet get chilly when it's real cold out.

That’s a medium?  Holy shit!  Large must wrap around the top of your head and snap to the back of the helmet!

I don’t get cold easily so, I’ve never had a problem with ultra low screens and have never had cold feet.  But I also don’t ride lakes, fields and open straights.  I’m active in the woods so, it makes a difference.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Now that’s a bug screen!

Not a fan of riding in that.  But, I’d take it over this hardpack I’ve weve got now with these temps

He’s too fucking stupid to realize they are basically the same sled he owns.  

I never was before either, but I've grown to really look for that field or slope the have fun on. My riding buddy has a 144 assault, I had the nytro a frigging trail rocket, but I'd try and follow him off trail, always with bad results. 

So intro the  Axyx switch back,.. Definitely slower on the trail, and straight line is not in the picture,..but it's still fun,..But Z, with that longer track in it,  I am off in every field and drift I can find,..It's so much fun! and fuck me the workout doing it..my arms and shoulders are Jello! Haha

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I never was before either, but I've grown to really look for that field or slope the have fun on. My riding buddy has a 144 assault, I had the nytro a frigging trail rocket, but I'd try and follow him off trail, always with bad results. 

So intro the  Axyx switch back,.. Definitely slower on the trail, and straight line is not in the picture,..but it's still fun,..But Z, with that longer track in it,  I am off in every field and drift I can find,..It's so much fun! and fuck me the workout doing it..my arms and shoulders are Jello! Haha

Well jump off on an old fire road every now and then.  It’s fun for a bit.  Like wave runners.

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

could also try the rox flex handguards,  they work better as they are closer to you hand.  i run a medium ws and those on my freeride, think i have 1 spring day on the skinny windshield it came with

The XRS comes with handgaurds but the dealer must have removed them when installing the medium height windshield, I'm gonna go in and say, "Hey, the handgaurds don't hit the windshield, why'd you take them off?" and hope they just give me a set of stock guards.

Can you tell I'm Dutch? 😂

5 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

The XRS comes with handgaurds but the dealer must have removed them when installing the medium height windshield, I'm gonna go in and say, "Hey, the handgaurds don't hit the windshield, why'd you take them off?" and hope they just give me a set of stock guards.

Can you tell I'm Dutch? 😂

Well they should...you paid for them.

13 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Well they should...you paid for them.

I'm 99% sure they will.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Pretty sure all the XRS models come with them.  Dealer fuckery here.

Nah, Doo has a new adjustable handlebar system this year and a two inch riser that bumps you up from the stock height. In previous years adding the windshield caused your handgaurds to interfere with it, but the extra rise this year is the reason it actually clears the shield on this model with this configuration.

Just now, Wildboer said:

I'm 99% sure they will.

Nah, Doo has a new adjustable handlebar system this year and a two inch riser that bumps you up from the stock height. In previous years adding the windshield caused your handgaurds to interfere with it, but the extra rise this year is the reason it actually clears the shield on this model with this configuration.

Huh.  Interesting.  :bc:

That's on the xrs model?

Just now, Zambroski said:

Huh.  Interesting.  :bc:

That's on the xrs model?

X and XRS have a quick adjust riser with 4 different positions, the option for raising your bars and keeping the adjustable system is a 2 inch riser that goes on top of the stock riser. It sounds gimmicky but I've found it useful so far. A lot more useful than the adjustable carbides and quick adjust suspension Doo offers.

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

X and XRS have a quick adjust riser with 4 different positions, the option for raising your bars and keeping the adjustable system is a 2 inch riser that goes on top of the stock riser. It sounds gimmicky but I've found it useful so far. A lot more useful than the adjustable carbides and quick adjust suspension Doo offers.

So how high is it in the highest position?

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

All you kids with your fancy options.  :lol: I have hand warmers with an on/off switch.  I be rollin' in luxury, baby!!!!!  :lmao:

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

So how high is it in the highest position?

I'd say stock the highest is equivalent to a  6" riser and lowest is about a 4" rise, most of the adjustment is front to back, at least 4" which definitely affects where you stand on the running boards.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

All you kids with your fancy options.  :lol: I have hand warmers with an on/off switch.  I be rollin' in luxury, baby!!!!!  :lmao:

My XRS was a spring order someone decided not to buy, it doesn't have the adjustable carbides or the quick adjust suspension and I'm honestly loving that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I'd say stock the highest is equivalent to a  6" riser and lowest is about a 4" rise, most of the adjustment is front to back, at least 4" which definitely affects where you stand on the running boards.

My XRS was a spring order someone decided not to buy, it doesn't have the adjustable carbides or the quick adjust suspension and I'm honestly loving that. 

Two things that were incredibly stupid IMO.  

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Two things that were incredibly stupid IMO.  

The quick adjust carbides are actually quite interesting and functional, the quick adjust suspension just leads to people fiddling with their settings instead of just setting their sled up properly.