Official 2018-2019 sledding post

6 hours ago, franks pond said:

on my way to work on monday

ap1.jpg

What caused that? Guessing a bear trap like what happened to Spider and RR a few years ago?  

5 minutes ago, franks pond said:

slab of ice off a transport,401 and thickson rd, oshawa

Same thing happened to me about 15 years ago, passenger side.  Good thing wife was sitting in back with our son.

On 3/28/2019 at 10:22 PM, Woodtick said:

Ok, the RMK is riding like shit at 48deg. I think the Posshocks have the wrong oil in them? A lot of fade after giving it hell for five miles or so? I’m going to see what the dealer has for take offs tomorrow when I pick up the Nitro? I don’t remember this sled riding so bad? It’s getting up in the miles and doesn’t warrant new front shocks. @AKIQPilot

6F347EB4-2FD5-4D7A-ABBE-E1B55872DAA8.jpeg

FC95402F-B5B8-4B16-9D75-4CA6E34C85AC.jpeg

I can get you those shocks cheap.

On 3/30/2019 at 11:04 AM, Mileage Psycho said:

How's the snow around Sidnaw? Dan is twisting my arm bigtime to head up today, all I have to do is show up as he has a brand new Switchback for me...........

Dan dumped off just north of Manistique, ran up to Munising and clocked 200 miles for the day and he saw the groomer 3 different times.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Going to put a 685 in the IQR...has reverse and oil injection...hell maybe I’ll double my mileage to 20 next season!!!!! 🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

17 hours ago, franks pond said:

slab of ice off a transport,401 and thickson rd, oshawa

White Ram and right in my neck of the woods as well. Glad you are alright, or I assume you are? 

On 3/29/2019 at 8:37 AM, AKIQPilot said:

Yea those are just throwaway shocks. You should be able to get yourself some similar shocks for about $90 each. They will at least get the ride back similar to stock. 

A walker evans piggyback shock should fit too but those are about $350 each by the time you buy all the bushings and sleeves it will need for each end. 

If you can measure the overall length I can try to find a pair of shocks for ya. 

And they're upside down, body down is supposed to help keep the oil on the right side of the valving on hydraulic shocks.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Kev144 said:

You're getting lots of mileage on the pic between both sites :lol: 

I heard from my uncle's dead roommate the throttle lag was so bad he had time to make the sign waiting for it to respond... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tinker said:

And they're upside down, body down is supposed to help keep the oil on the right side of the valving on hydraulic shocks.

Body up keeps the oil on the right side of the valving on hydraulic shocks. 

Body up reduces unsprung weight. 

Body up is how the vast majority of shocks are mounted on all motorized equipment. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Body up keeps the oil on the right side of the valving on hydraulic shocks. No, not without gas charge

Body up reduces unsprung weight. True but more importantly it looks kewler 

Body up is how the vast majority of shocks are mounted on all motorized equipment. Uh.. no and even the numbers are upside down

Didn't mean to correct you, neither your sled or your assembly and possibly these Ryde FX are different

GSX Gas.jpg

Truck shock.jpg

GSX hydraulic.jpg

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Kev144 said:

You're getting lots of mileage on the pic between both sites :lol: 

From now on I’m gonna post that pic like it’s going out of style. Just for the angry ontario ace hating clan to see. :lol: 

19 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

From now on I’m gonna post that pic like it’s going out of style. Just for the angry ontario ace hating clan to see. :lol: 

I like th 900 motor.  Just not all the issues Aaron has had with his turbo 

15 hours ago, Kev144 said:

I like th 900 motor.  Just not all the issues Aaron has had with his turbo 

And other than a prematurely failing primary spring, most in our group of riders have been rock solid.  Myself and 2 other guys including Silverbacks, consider it the best trail sled they’ve ever owned.  I respect and know Aaron, so I know and recognize that he had issues with his, but think it’s more the exception than the norm with that sled.  Further, it was the first year for the sled, hopefully they’ve gotten the consistency a little better or ‘20.  I’m going to try and make mine a half assed off trailer for next year cuz I like it so much.  :lol:  ( track and skis )

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

And other than a prematurely failing primary spring, most in our group of riders have been rock solid.  Myself and 2 other guys including Silverbacks, consider it the best trail sled they’ve ever owned.  I respect and know Aaron, so I know and recognize that he had issues with his, but think it’s more the exception than the norm with that sled.  Further, it was the first year for the sled, hopefully they’ve gotten the consistency a little better or ‘20.  I’m going to try and make mine a half assed off trailer for next year cuz I like it so much.  :lol:  ( track and skis )

Some ski's and a track and that rig should be pretty respectable in the fluff I would say .   :bc: 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Paaso Racing ripping some trail on his Turbo Polaris.

Marks really got some serious seat time on that turbo Poo this season,   and its still together!

• Like 1