Official 2018-2019 sledding post

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yup....put 1" of fluff on the trail and it turns into a floaty useless no hook piece of fuck. Worst track ever built. I probably have 15k miles on that pile of fuck. I should cut them off any sled that comes with it and then disassemble to change

No that's u

Why they (SD) still use the RS1 and not the RS2 is beyond stupid . Wish I could order my new one with a 1.25" RS2   I know it's for weight savings, but the RS2 traction makes the tiny bit of extra weight well worth it.  Not to mention, it's way stronger. 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Sorry that you dont know how to ride

No that's u 2

Rump is diamond pounding trails you retarded faggot , he is not drag racing up and down the lake all day long like some dumb faggot .   And 1 1/4 rip is about perfect for that. If U knew how to ride fast then you wouldn't  need a 5 inch tsl superswamper track with 500 chisel picks and cna skis with 5 feet od triple point carbides like you have . SMH

Edited by Sal Rosenberg

I honestly think the 1.5 rip2 with 1.75 picks is about the perfect track for fast trail.  I kept the 1.75 and 2” picks on mine this year just to see.  It worked really well but, it demands scratchers almost all the time...it’ll run hot quick in packed snow.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I honestly think the 1.5 rip2 with 1.75 picks is about the perfect track for fast trail.  I kept the 1.75 and 2” picks on mine this year just to see.  It worked really well but, it demands scratchers almost all the time...it’ll run hot quick in packed snow.  

I didn't even want the rip 1 on my 13 but I said " f it , I'm not swapping it out"   I'm glad I kept it . It sucked for anything other than groomed trails but groomed trails is what I boughtt the sled for . 

2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I didn't even want the rip 1 on my 13 but I said " f it , I'm not swapping it out"   I'm glad I kept it . It sucked for anything other than groomed trails but groomed trails is what I boughtt the sled for . 

If you think the rip1 is acceptable in any condition other than perfect hardpack then you arent fit to ride a sled or you're a total know nothing hoob

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

considering theres been better options for 10 years i doubt it

I figured camoplast was discontinuing the Rip 1 and Doo was just buying them in bulk cheaper than the 2 but maybe not the case. :dunno: 

2 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

1 1/4 Rip 1 is a great trail track

I’ve put 12k each on my last 2, with studs, and they’ve lasted. My current one looks like it’s in good shape although if I was keeping the sled I’d prob get a new one just in case.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If you think the rip1 is acceptable in any condition other than perfect hardpack then you arent fit to ride a sled or you're a total know nothing hoob

I know EVERYTHING.   Including the fact that an equal rider on a slightly loose sled with be way faster than the same rider on a tight sled in the woods any day of the week.   You jamokes should lock up your checkbooks and yer tool boxes and practice how to ride a snowmachine properly

Edited by Sal Rosenberg
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I know EVERYTHING.   Including the fact that an equal rider on a slightly loose sled with be way faster than the same rider on a tight sled in the woods any day of the week.   You jamokes should lock up your checkbooks and yer tool boxes and practice how to ride a snowmachine properly

Blah blah blah

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It's a junk track

Nope .  It's good trail track for someone like rump who pounds on the miles / hours and isn't looking for a lot of steering effort.   It's also a fast top end track for hardpack and groomed trails . 

Nope .  It's good trail track for someone like rump who pounds on the miles / hours and isn't looking for a lot of steering effort.   It's also a fast top end track for hardpack and groomed trails . 

The only thing it does good is last 10k miles. Of course the jokes on the owner because its 10k miles of your sled underachieving and generally giving up a ton of performance 

• Thanks 1

Just now, f7ben said:

The only thing it does good is last 10k miles. Of course the jokes on the owner because its 10k miles of your sled underachieving and generally giving up a ton of performance 

What performance is an 1 1/4 rip giving up ? Straight line drag racing in loose slop ? Nobody bothers with that shit

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

What performance is an 1 1/4 rip giving up ? Straight line drag racing in loose slop ? Nobody bothers with that shit

Why dont you ride a fan cooled 440 if you don't care about your sled performing well....good god

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My current sled has a RS2 1.50" with 168 1.625" Fast Trac Top Gun IIs. Love it . Not sure if I'm going to do a 1.25" RS2 with 1.375s or another 1.50" RS2 with 1.625s. on my next one (mxz xrs or Polaris 129" )  I'm only 5-10% off trail , so IDK if the 1.50" is really worth it.  The 1.25" RS2 is a great track for the trails. Put one on my '99 670HO. Man, what a difference.

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

6 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

My current sled has a RS2 1.50" with 168 1.625" Fast Trac Top Gun IIs. Love it . Not sure if I'm going to do a 1.25" RS2 with 1.375s or another 1.50" RS2 with 1.625s. on my next one (mxz xrs or Polaris 129" )  I'm only 5-10% off trail , so IDK if the 1.50" is really worth it.  The 1.25" RS2 is a great track for the trails. Put one on my '99 670HO. Man, what a difference.

I guess it depends on what sled and balance you want.  Not sure how a 137 would react with. 1.5 on it in the corners.  I’m gonna prolly have to find out though.  137’s are what everyone is going to....sadly.

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I guess it depends on what sled and balance you want.  Not sure how a 137 would react with. 1.5 on it in the corners.  I’m gonna prolly have to find out though.  137’s are what everyone is going to....sadly.

My 137 with a 1 3/4 back country x isn't really ideal in the tighter stuff.  Def slower and a lot more work than a 128 / 9  1 1/4

My 137 with a 1 3/4 back country x isn't really ideal in the tighter stuff.  Def slower and a lot more work than a 128 / 9  1 1/4

Yeah, I’m failing to see the benefit of a longer track where I ride.  But again, not sure any of us will get a choice so, gotta make it work.  Gonna most likely keep my sled one more year then take a look around.

11 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

F7ben :owned:

• Haha 1