Official 2018-2019 sledding post

30 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Yeah, because damping is so fuckin crucial in 2 feet of power :lol: 

Youve never ridden in the mountains obviously....ever hear of hero snow?

49 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

it is not always fresh and then there are the  jumps and drops 

Still doesn't work the shocks half as hard as pounding moguls. The Float upgrade on Summits is for people who want to save a few pounds and have money burning a hole in their pocket.

34 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

they are like a 1500 upgrade through doo

Are they a spring option now or do you still have to buy them outright and try to sell the stockers?

19 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Youve never ridden in the mountains obviously....ever hear of hero snow?

Of course I have, it's still about 100,000x softer than diamonds. 

3 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Still doesn't work the shocks half as hard as pounding moguls. The Float upgrade on Summits is for people who want to save a few pounds and have money burning a hole in their pocket.

Are they a spring option now or do you still have to buy them outright and try to sell the stockers?

Of course I have, it's still about 100,000x softer than diamonds

Ummm.....no

5 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I dont know I have never busted ribs hitting the bars on a trail 

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ummm.....no

Oh Dave, dumb dumb Dave, trails are literally super packed down hero snow... You might as well be claiming fresh poured concrete is as hard as set concrete   :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I dont know I have never busted ribs hitting the bars on a trail 

You're not riding the trails hard enough then bud, also invest in a God damn tekvest!

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Oh Dave, dumb dumb Dave, trails are literally super packed down hero snow... You might as well be claiming fresh poured concrete is as hard as set concrete   :lol: 

You're not riding the trails hard enough then bud, also invest in a God damn tekvest!

my new air bag has a chest plate in it . 

also 3 foot rollers are at least consistent at 70 they dont just pop out of no place like a black hawk chopper  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

my new air bag has a chest plate in it . 

also 3 foot rollers are at least consistent at 70 they dont just pop out of no place like a black hawk chopper  

Tell that to the off kilter 3 footer that sent me fish tailing until the sled flipped out from under me last season because the HPG Plus center shock couldn't take the hit. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Wildboer said:

Tell that to the off kilter 3 footer that sent me fish tailing until the sled flipped out from under me last season because the HPG Plus center shock couldn't take the hit. 

ski doos are not built for that shit . lol 

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

ski doos are not built for that shit . lol 

Whatever helps you sleep at night SlowRyde.

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

He was on his moms base model sled.

Actually I was on Pops' X when I wrecked because he was tired of me telling him the handlebar adjustable airshock in mom's Enduro put his X rear suspension to shame. We switched sleds with me before a whooped out section of trail and I proved myself right by eating shit on his undersprung, undervalved X :lol: 

Edited by Wildboer

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I had my decades of that fucked up trail shit . cant pay me to ride that 2 or 3 foot roller shit any more .  fuck I can hardly stand running a tucker down it at 7mph lol 

I don't know where you ride but up in NY they're really on point with grooming now, if you know where to avoid the real heavy traffic you rarely see big rollers anymore. 

3 hours ago, Wildboer said:

I don't know where you ride but up in NY they're really on point with grooming now, if you know where to avoid the real heavy traffic you rarely see big rollers anymore. 

So youre a poser on an xrs then...

Hmmm

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I had my decades of that fucked up trail shit . cant pay me to ride that 2 or 3 foot roller shit any more .  fuck I can hardly stand running a tucker down it at 7mph lol 

Buy a RR or R-XC and they'll take it on pretty good. 

Edited by racinfarmer

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

But a RR or R-XC and they'll take it on pretty good. 

Where are those sleds on the scale of shock stiffness and actual XC Race setup...guessing the R XC is basically race ready but how close is the RR? 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Where are those sleds on the scale of shock stiffness and actual XC Race setup...guessing the R XC is basically race ready but how close is the RR? 

I haven't ridden a RR since the 2014 and I never rode a RR and R-XC back to back, but I'd say they are fairly close.  Most people, unless they are riding them back to back, probably wouldn't notice.  

With the new QS3's on the R-XC, #1 would be a trail riding setting, #2 as close to a XC race setting as you'll get without reworking the shocks, and #3 is just odd.  Like a cross between a sno-x and XC setting.  

You'd be happy with either one once you get the suspension set up for you.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I haven't ridden a RR since the 2014 and I never rode a RR and R-XC back to back, but I'd say they are fairly close.  Most people, unless they are riding them back to back, probably wouldn't notice.  

With the new QS3's on the R-XC, #1 would be a trail riding setting, #2 as close to a XC race setting as you'll get without reworking the shocks, and #3 is just odd.  Like a cross between a sno-x and XC setting.  

You'd be happy with either one once you get the suspension set up for you.

That sounds good....I had a used R XC on the line but I let it go and went with this IQR...nice sled but needs a little softening up. :ylsuper:

36 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Buy a RR or R-XC and they'll take it on pretty good. 

no thanks . 

11 hours ago, Wildboer said:

like I said I avoid the places I know that shit happens . if i trail ride around the house I know exactly what was groomed and when and by who . at the cabin I know the scedual . 

places lime the UP in low snow every place else you can't pay me to go to . really I won't travel more than a day trip north any more . if i am going to be out of town for more than a day I will just fly out to CO for a 3 days  .

Edited by Ez ryder

13 hours ago, rump-rider said:

Done deal. :bc: Ice ripper 1.5, medium windshield, mirrors, 2" riser, transferring all the other stuff from my old sled, and I chose the June-September delivery so I can at least sit on it and play with it in the garage. :lol: 

XRS900T.thumb.png.093fec79c09333d4803d12227b3b8f49.png

Nice, but I wouldn't have wasted your $ on the IR 1.50".  Should have just ordered it with a 1.25" RS1 and then swapped it out for a 1.50" RS2 and sold the RS1 on DY or CL. That's what I'll be doing :bc:

13 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Pretty sure you can either do that or dealer will swap out stock shocks and give you so much $ credit towards whatever shock you choose.