Official 2018-2019 sledding post

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good on trail review. 

Here's another. I generally agree with both of these guys' impressions from my test ride. I preferred the Backcountry 850 for sure though.

18 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Here's another. I generally agree with both of these guys' impressions from my test ride. I preferred the Backcountry 850 for sure though.

18 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

if I can dump the 850 summit this fall I am deff getting a new 20 mountain cat.  

1 minute ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Well yeah, they are 10 years behind on engine techonlogy :D 

except for the fact the new cat for 20 has a full k load of major motor parts making about 8 more hp. add that to the fact that the 18 and 19 cats I ride with  are neck and neck with my summit . and that is after the 1/2 day of fucking around to get this doo motor in alinment 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

except for the fact the new cat for 20 has a full k load of major motor parts making about 8 more hp. add that to the fact that the 18 and 19 cats I ride with  are neck and neck with my summit . and that is after the 1/2 day of fucking around to get this doo motor in alinment 

Nice, sounds like cat has a winner, so which 8000 models does cat get the new 800 for 2020? all of it ? 

19 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Nice, sounds like cat has a winner, so which 8000 models does cat get the new 800 for 2020? all of it ? 

It’s got its work cut out for it if it’s going to be as good as a Skidoo Back Country 850.  Very impressive sled, and I’ve gotten to spend some time with a couple friends who have them this year.

40 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

if I can dump the 850 summit this fall I am deff getting a new 20 mountain cat.  

The fuck? Doo and Polaris are the only real games in down unless you want a turbo 4-stroke...

39 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

with a 10x better shock package to boot

I'll keep my KYB 36's and 40's thank you very much.

• Thanks 1

Conditions were top notch for a sunday last afternoon ride in the Pembina Valley

Image may contain: sky, ocean, outdoor and nature
Met  Snocap beer_cheers.gifat the Morden shack, seen 40-50sleds in total a couple big groups
Image may contain: tree, plant, sky, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: sky, snow, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, tree, snow, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature

Decided this AM to go for a solo ride, drove down to La Riviere and rode out from there, got lost a couple times but fantastic conditions, IMO if you can take a day this weeken and ride next week starts the melt, I am sure myself I will ride into April somewhere this year.

Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, sky, snow, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: one or more people, tree, snow, sky, outdoor and nature

No photo description available.

84561-bobbynj66-albums-emots-picture11455t-fluffy.gif84561-bobbynj66-albums-emots-picture11455t-fluffy.gifGet out and ride!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good on trail review. 

This guy is a  simple.  He shouldn't be reviewing anything..."The riser seems kinda low for stand up riding".....on a trail?  Retard right off the bat.  And about the 5th time he mentioned how the Poo lifted the skis easier, I was done.  That's because this is a real suspension and many performance riders prefer to be able to steer with their skis.  Also, those trails warrant a turbo sled..

I have no interest in this sled tho so, maybe he is the kind of rider that does.  Just pull the coupling blocks, set up the rear for shit and wheelie away!  Woo hoo!  Retard.

8 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You wearing Crocs too?

I should have been.  And a dress.  I was PMSing pretty bad with my clothing malfunctions.  Not having my tunes really upset me and a bag of socks under my helmet calling itself a balaclava exacerbated the situation. Luckily, my new goggles kept fogging up so I looked like Chucky Schumer out there.  WHAT A GREAT RIDE!!!!  :wall:

Still, I was able to run down a couple of fancies on their new 850 "hypersleds".  They were probably still in break-in mode tho.  At least they had all matching gear....they looked really good......as they waved me by.  Prolly wanted some space to practice their wheelies or something. O.o

6 hours ago, Wildboer said:

The fuck? Doo and Polaris are the only real games in down unless you want a turbo 4-stroke...

I'll keep my KYB 36's and 40's thank you very much.

I'd still say the KYB's are the best stockers out there on any sled but the new Fox shocks are seemingly pushing for the top spot.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Any of you Cat guys looking for a shock upgrade......

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/326-arctic-cat/1852410-qs3-r.html#post20179768

That's not a bad price.  If somebody could snag all three for $11-1200, it's a good deal.  Wonder why he's not selling the center with them?  Kinda weird.  He's better off selling them as set.

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

The new mapping for the 800 cat is causing more problem for some.  The new 800 is an awful motor.  It's like 12-13 cat all over again. :snack: 

• Thanks 1