Official 2018-2019 sledding post

Trails have been good so far today except for the guy who panicked when he saw us coming and duffed it right into me. Damage appears to just be one plastic piece above the left side panel, fortunately the front end looks like it didn't get bent.

A4E3BE3E-CC28-4630-B3E4-D0FD358AB3D8.jpeg

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Trails have been good so far today except for the guy who panicked when he saw us coming and duffed it right into me. Damage appears to just be one plastic piece above the left side panel, fortunately the front end looks like it didn't get bent.

A4E3BE3E-CC28-4630-B3E4-D0FD358AB3D8.jpeg

Was it a tourist from Jersey??

Haha,..sorry, had to do it... plastic can be replaced,..be careful out there man.

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Was it a tourist from Jersey??

Haha,..sorry, had to do it... plastic can be replaced,..be careful out there man.

Shockingly it was someone from NY! We were probably doing and easy 25-30 at the time, the guys coming at us were going at a good clip but nothing too crazy. The first guy made it past fine, the second guy saw my dad coming and swerved right going into a right hand turn. His inside ski caught the berm on the inside of the turn and it launched him straight across the trail at me. I probably could've dived left to the inside of the turn and missed him but I didn't want to get into a head on with the next guy in his group. Instead I hooked right and locked the brakes so we'd collide side to side. The dude's body was what did the damage to the plastic and knocked my windshield loose, windshield popped back in place no problem though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just got back from a quick blast.  Hot as shit and I overdressed.  Miserable!  Ran into a couple of guys on Poo’s that we’re cool.  They kept a decent clip so I didn’t mind.  Gave me a chance to scroll through my playlist as we rode. :lmao:They weren’t the 850 hypersleds though...just plain old 8’s.  Nice guys though.  Decent riders too.

Also, love this...fenced off but that doesn’t mean for the deep-pow, gnar-ass boondockers!!!  Just rip the fence down and run over all the newly planted trees!!!  Woo hooo!!!  Awesome!  :wall:

ECD79E93-F5D2-4F45-AD3D-92C862AC16C7.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just got back from a quick blast.  Hot as shit and I overdressed.  Miserable!  Ran into a couple of guys on Poo’s that we’re cool.  They kept a decent clip so I didn’t mind.  Gave me a chance to scroll through my playlist as we rode. :lmao:They weren’t the 850 hypersleds though...just plain old 8’s.  Nice guys though.  Decent riders too.

Also, love this...fenced off but that doesn’t mean for the deep-pow, gnar-ass boondockers!!!  Just rip the fence down and run over all the newly planted trees!!!  Woo hooo!!!  Awesome!  :wall:

ECD79E93-F5D2-4F45-AD3D-92C862AC16C7.jpeg

Snowmobilers are their own worst enemy.

We really should self-police more.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nice pics!  Pretty sure that rocket is racist tho...

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nice pics!  Pretty sure that rocket is racist tho...

Triggered!!!!!!

0C2353F0-0DA3-4E9E-8AE6-F9D8F2A68A5E.jpeg

• Like 1

Pounded out about 200 miles today.  The lakes are so rough it felt like we were riding on a rock pile.  Visited some friends out on the lake having a drinking party with a little fishing thrown in.

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Pounded out about 200 miles today.  The lakes are so rough it felt like we were riding on a rock pile.  Visited some friends out on the lake having a drinking party with a little fishing thrown in.

The lakes were mint here in the morning before it warmed up. Got my 600r pDrive clickers all the way to position 5 and I'm finally holding 8100, with the occasional jump up to 8200. IN position 4 it would hold at 8000 and occasionally jump to 8100 where it should be shifting out at. Saw 100 on the dreamometer. Once it warmed up in the afternoon it was topping out upper-mid 90's, still holding 8100/8200 on top.

Yes, some may remember I changed my belt earlier this weekend, it had 160 miles of easy riding break in before I did a couple speed runs this morning.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Possibly and a 600 would suit me fine. 

I'm a big 600 defender, but I demo rode some 850's today and fuck, I really like their ability to get the skis in the air when you're ripping it through bumps or just fucking around.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I'm a big 600 defender, but I demo rode some 850's today and fuck, I really like their ability to get the skis in the air when you're ripping it through bumps or just fucking around.

Yeah that is an advantage and a lot of fun.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah that is an advantage and a lot of fun.

I'll still rip any Old Forge Area Youtuber with an 850 .a new one on a race down Trail 1, 6 mile road, or from ranger station to ranger station in Moose River Plains any day though.

• Haha 1

Squeezed in around ride before the rain yesterday. Was good heading out but by noon bush trails were beat to shit and fields were lumpy. Getting thin in the sun coming home.

8E5E804A-9646-4CB8-A8CF-8BE4A0750911.thumb.jpeg.17933f4b7a3a2ac740da0990f159ecfd.jpeg

DE18B1AD-FA2E-4F86-9E20-5C2131A9ED9C.thumb.jpeg.b90ce3c9b9664d07ef7f48141a40a637.jpeg

A69A20E7-3F93-4335-9E36-594BEE6531A3.thumb.jpeg.b1f36c6248f8399ae78a082607d724a8.jpeg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Wildboer said:

The lakes were mint here in the morning before it warmed up. Got my 600r pDrive clickers all the way to position 5 and I'm finally holding 8100, with the occasional jump up to 8200. IN position 4 it would hold at 8000 and occasionally jump to 8100 where it should be shifting out at. Saw 100 on the dreamometer. Once it warmed up in the afternoon it was topping out upper-mid 90's, still holding 8100/8200 on top.

Yes, some may remember I changed my belt earlier this weekend, it had 160 miles of easy riding break in before I did a couple speed runs this morning.

Nice.  I need to spend some time fine tuning my turbo.  I haven’t touched a thing other than the rear skid.  I need to get over to Long Pond, which usually has a nice long groomed straight, to really stretch its legs. I have about 1800 miles on it, original belt.