Official 2018-2019 sledding post

1 minute ago, Wildboer said:

I'm gonna guess blown belt and the dude on the MXZ was too cheap to carry a spare.

Sounds like you nailed it. I obviously don't know the person but why would anyone not travel with a spare belt? I could maybe see if you were playing on your own property or something like that if it wasn't too big but to head out onto the trails without one is just silly, imo. I imagine the guys riding with him that day were impressed as well. :dunno:

17 minutes ago, irv said:

Sounds like you nailed it. I obviously don't know the person but why would anyone not travel with a spare belt? I could maybe see if you were playing on your own property or something like that if it wasn't too big but to head out onto the trails without one is just silly, imo. I imagine the guys riding with him that day were impressed as well. :dunno:

Exactly. I mean my family is Dutch so our spare belts aren't exactly the right belt for our sleds lol, they'll get us home no problem. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Exactly. I mean my family is Dutch so our spare belts aren't exactly the right belt for our sleds lol, they'll get us home no problem. 

I’m not sure why Dutch prefer incorrect belts.  :dunno:

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Kicked the track on a pair of Riots this weekend.  Only looked, no ridey ride.  

Pretty spiffy looking machine in green & blue...

Gayer than 40 barrels of dicks. The 800 is past played out. Leave it to cat to be 5 years behind doo and poo in every aspect though 

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’m not sure why Dutch prefer incorrect belts.  :dunno:

It's a joke about Dutch people being cheap. Instead of buying a spare that's exactly the right size we just save the spare from the last sled. So right now we've got the proper belt for the TRA clutch as a spare for our new P Drives. It'll get us home no problem, we just won't have optimal deflection and it'll shift out a couple hundred RPM off from what its supposed to.

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

With C&A XT's on it.

#winning

8 hours ago, Wildboer said:

It's a joke about Dutch people being cheap. Instead of buying a spare that's exactly the right size we just save the spare from the last sled. So right now we've got the proper belt for the TRA clutch as a spare for our new P Drives. It'll get us home no problem, we just won't have optimal deflection and it'll shift out a couple hundred RPM off from what its supposed to.

LOL.  So, when somebody blows a belt, they limp home and that's the day then.  Well, that's a for sure money saver!   :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wildboer said:

I do the same thing.  Given my last two sleds are notoriously easy on belts, I am not in a hurry to spend 220 bucks for a spare. Come to think of it I don’t even have a spare on my turbo, it’s probably not gonna need a new belt for six or 8000 miles anyways.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I do the same thing.  Given my last two sleds are notoriously easy on belts, I am not in a hurry to spend 220 bucks for a spare. Come to think of it I don’t even have a spare on my turbo, it’s probably not gonna need a new belt for six or 8000 miles anyways.

I bought one to be safe.

56 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

I bought one to be safe.

Not to mention these sleds cost.  Not having a spare 200 belt is either cheapness or idiotic.   Never owned a belt blower but I've always carried a spare.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Not to mention these sleds cost.  Not having a spare 200 belt is either cheapness or idiotic.   Never owned a belt blower but I've always carried a spare.  

Cant say ive never not carried a spare....atv or sled.

3 hours ago, DAVE said:

Cant say ive never not carried a spare....atv or sled.

Not sure I understand why someone wouldn't.  I would not want to tow a friends sled out of the bush because he was too cheap to by a belt (non polaris sled) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1