Official 2018-2019 sledding post

57 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

This winter I've spent 4 days off from work not riding, went to PA with some close friends to BBQ and shoot. Other than those 4 days every day I've had off work has been spent driving back and forth from where we ride or putting miles on the sled. My dad has that old school Dutch work ethic where he needs to be on the job to feel productive, but one day I hope to have a good enough crew that I can spend most of the winter riding and only head south to check in on them once in a while. My aim is for 3,000 miles to be a shitty year lol

I'll be at that by Sunday afternoon.

You're dad sounds like a smart man and I hope when he says "jump" you say "how high?".

:bc:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wildboer said:

This winter I've spent 4 days off from work not riding, went to PA with some close friends to BBQ and shoot. Other than those 4 days every day I've had off work has been spent driving back and forth from where we ride or putting miles on the sled. My dad has that old school Dutch work ethic where he needs to be on the job to feel productive, but one day I hope to have a good enough crew that I can spend most of the winter riding and only head south to check in on them once in a while. My aim is for 3,000 miles to be a shitty year lol

That usually doesn't work out too well.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Reevester said:

I'll be at that by Sunday afternoon.

You're dad sounds like a smart man and I hope when he says "jump" you say "how high?".

:bc:

It's more when he says "carry that lumber" I say "how far?" Lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

It's that or start playing the lottery and I've heard the lottery doesn't have great odds either lol

Your dad earned their respect by being in the trenches with them.

If the son of the owner spends most of his time on vacation, why would you think the employees are gonna bust their asses for him?

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

if they are that good they are certainly not going to be doing all the work while someone sits on their ass and collects a big check they will go out on their own.  

Exactly...the likely scenario is that they fuck around all day, collect a check and joke about their boss being off somewhere sucking cock. :lol:

10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Your dad earned their respect by being in the trenches with them.

If the son of the owner spends most of his time on vacation, why would you think the employees are gonna bust their asses for him?

Oh, there is no real crew right now, it's just 3 of us. I'd have to build the business up after pops retires, it's a down the road kind of goal.

11 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Oh, there is no real crew right now, it's just 3 of us. I'd have to build the business up after pops retires, it's a down the road kind of goal.

Listen the these clowns. They are speaking from experience.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

literally.:lol:

I know right....it was a gratuitous shot at his sexual proclivities but in all seriousness most crews can’t be left alone for a few days much less a few months. 

2 hours ago, Wildboer said:

3 is counting you and your dad right?

Don't think you can let the other guy fend for himself.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I know right....it was a gratuitous shot at his sexual proclivities but in all seriousness most crews can’t be left alone for a few days much less a few months. 

1/2 the time they fuck off when ya run for coffee.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

3 is counting you and your dad right?

Don't think you can let the other guy fend for himself.

The third guy is actually my mom's cousin, he definitely works slower when we're not around, but he still gets the job done. 

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

1/2 the time they fuck off when ya run for coffee.

That's probably why he sends me to get coffee :lol: 

• Haha 1

Sitting in my deck watching the sleds go by thru the trees. It’s 3:20. Close enough. Just got back from a little spin on my 99 xlt. Beauty of a day. 35degrees and sunny. I’m going to hit the trails hard tomorrow Solo. Definitely not on the 99 though lol. 

5EDD71E3-8441-4B31-85FC-E9C1220A1B0F.jpeg

CFFF8032-B993-409C-8563-9FF3463B774B.jpeg

• Like 5

Something fell off a guys truck going by the shop this afternoon....I snatched it up and put her inside real quick......

DDF7ADEA-47D5-4141-B4F2-D5B15CBC9FC0.thumb.jpeg.e337ee22cb9c4ff152d3426547ccd9af.jpegAFA4C77E-26AD-47E1-BC55-C1DE59A23E12.thumb.jpeg.2c22eca1621149805ccd4720c6c16e2c.jpeg

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Something fell off a guys truck going by the shop this afternoon....I snatched it up and put her inside real quick......

DDF7ADEA-47D5-4141-B4F2-D5B15CBC9FC0.thumb.jpeg.e337ee22cb9c4ff152d3426547ccd9af.jpegAFA4C77E-26AD-47E1-BC55-C1DE59A23E12.thumb.jpeg.2c22eca1621149805ccd4720c6c16e2c.jpeg

Nice sled but what the hell is an old fuck like you doing with a sled made for a 20 something? Did it come with a flat brim hat a bottle of Geritol? Looks like a mid life crisis. :lol:

• Haha 2